It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 pictures of a UFO that I took on 9-20-2012

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Tajlakz

Hi , congratulations on your first thred. Hopefully by the end of the day after getting my 20 posts I will have my own thread with pictures.

In the late 70's as a child my family were driving along and my father suddenly pulled the car ove and said "what the heck is that"?
We all piled out of the car and observed a bright , very soft orange ball slowly decending. it was like the sun but very easy to discern its outline and was visibly getting lower. Thats as far as my memory goes, I have since asked my family what they remember but none of them have any recollection at all.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
youtu.be...

here is link with video, tell me if it was similar to what you saw

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Tajlakz

Well according to th exif data it was taken on the 20th 9 2012 at 19.18 for the first picture iso setting 100 at f2.83 for 1/256th of a second on your Droid Razr also it seems digital zoom was used Digital Zoom Ratio [0xA404] = 524288/65535 ===> 8.

The description fits with what others have said re lanterns .

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
reply to post by Tajlakz

I don't think I see a tether...I do in fact see a tether...allow me to point it out.

Well since it seems digital zoom was used on the picture you see an artifact not a tether.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Or, it could be an orb/plasma ball.....lots of photos of those look very much like yours....
Hessaldane has orbs aplenty check and see if they are what you saw......just type it hessaldane UFO and youllfind it...
Other than that there are lots of pictures of similar metalic (craft) of diminuitive size that apear similar as well...
Dont let the skeptics bring you down..

These idiots want you to tie the pilot up and take a current newspaper, put it in his hand and flash a pic before theyll admit anything...

Trouble is they are aboot as scientific as a bag of dokey doo....

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Originally posted by UberL33t
reply to post by Tajlakz

I don't think I see a tether...I do in fact see a tether...allow me to point it out.

Well since it seems digital zoom was used on the picture you see an artifact not a tether.

Normally this is said to people seeing all kinds of ''alien'' objects on Mars for example: but this is pure pareidolia not debunking.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Umm..weather balloon?!! Wasn't that the same excuse, they gave at Roswell? After 50 years me thinks the excuse book needs updating

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by broadbandit

What you describe sounds exactly like what I saw, except the object was stationary.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Yeah, I was gonna say that earlier but it seemed like he had already made up his mind.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Regarding lanterns, I don't think I was very clear about the nature of the light pulsation in the OP. When the orange light dimmed, there was still a spherical object that I could make out, although the little bit of light that it was still emitting made it impossible to tell what the actual color of the object was. And when I say it disappeared, I don't just mean that the light went out; the object completely vanished. As in, one second it was there, and the next all I could see was the sky that was behind it just an instant before.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Impossible to be sure from the photos, but most likely a Chinese lantern from a distance.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarsInDust
reply to post by UberL33t

Umm..weather balloon?!! Wasn't that the same excuse, they gave at Roswell? After 50 years me thinks the excuse book needs updating

Don't compare the OP's pics to Roswell.That just makes you look foolish.

There isn't much to go on from those pics.It really could be anything.

Personally I can't tell what it is so I have no comment. I have a feeling Gortex is right though.

By the way,it's been 67 years since Roswell,not 50.Just sayin'

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Tajlakz

Just throwing another idea out there, but could it have been a signal flare that someone shot up for any kind of reason? If you happened to be at the right angle it would appear to be stationary, and once it goes out there is nothing left to see. Just a thought, maybe someone was just messing with a flare gun far off into the distance.

Also, if the tether someone mentioned before is not just artifacts from the zoom, that could actually be a smoke trail from it falling down some after the peak of its flight.
edit on 24-3-2013 by deathlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
it could also be a satellite in low orbit, I have seen these many times. Their solar pannels reflect the sunlight.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I know firsthand how difficult it can be to accurately describe the specifics of what you saw, especially its movements and behavior. Any picture of a blurry object will be easily dismissed by just about everyone. But you actually witnessed the way it looked and behaved, and no one else can say the same. If you truly believe that what you saw was out of the ordinary, then I'm inclined to believe you. It's easier to understand, and put faith in, someone's account of the experience than it is a blurry image of a vaguely round object.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I realize now that this thread was a bad idea.
reply to post by Tajlakz

I'm glad you made the thread. This forum wouldn't exist without such things being posted and even though it is impossible to come to a definitive conclusion on what you saw, based on the pics, someone else may see the thread and remember seeing the same thing at the same time. A multiple-viewer sighting is always a good thing. Thanks for posting!

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Tajlakz

I just gave this reply on a bright sky object so it might apply here as well.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Looking for weightless objects easy to propel look into the physics of Lorentz who
proposed weightless objects with an influx of electrons. Any illumination we know
of come from electrons so we must see these objects as well.
Your object is unknown but that might be one of the causes of what we see.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tajlakz
I realize now that this thread was a bad idea. I don't have any right to get snippy at anyone, because all you have to go off of are the 2 crappy pictures and my account of the experience. I'm not going to argue about lanterns or weather balloons because I know that's not what I saw. I know that's not a satisfactory answer to those in the thread, but y'all would be thinking the exact same thing if you had been there.

Well then, let's just say it was an alien scout craft and let it go at that. Everybody's happy.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Tajlakz

How about giving a rough location and the direction you were facing, also an estimated angle up to the object, we have the time and date from the exif data on the picture it also said you used digital zoom can you confirm that , then we can rule out other objects in the sky at that time!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Good idea. Here's an approximation of where I was standing and where the object was in the sky. The house to my right is 905 Mockingbird Drive, Harrisonburg VA. And yes I zoomed in for the picture, I believe to the maximum magnification.

img.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join