It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There will be cameras everywhere....whether you like it or not

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

If people are so paranoid about being seen in PUBLIC, well, there's a very simple solution.
Wear one of these as an undergarment:

When one gets to wherever their oh so overly sensitive delicate little feelings happen to feel comfortable with actually being seen in PUBLIC, the head/face cover pulls down where it's like you're just wearing a regular t-shirt.

It wouldn't be difficult to cut the head off and just use the head covering if one doesn't want to wear the whole suit beneath whatever outfit they've chosen to go out in.
Other options could involve disguises from something as simple and inconspicuous as big dark glasses and a hat/scarf, to other more involved disguises.

If someone is going to be ridiculous about being seen in PUBLIC, then, they may as well go all-out ridiculous.
Wear a protest mask with anonymity slogans typed out on the forehead, or something like the now iconic Guy Fawkes mask.
Adopt the burka as everyday attire and if anyone bothers you about it you can sue for 'religious discrimination', even if you're not Muslim.

Make up your own religion and get it recognized/registered with the government.
I did a quick search on Google about registering a new religion and found several links on how-to.
Make one of the tenants of your new religion public anonymity.
Have fun with it. Make up a symbol. Once registered, you've free reign to wear your religious paraphernalia protecting your anonymity everywhere except where directly unlawful and prohibited to do so.

Wallah.

Crybabies cry. People with a cause stand up for what they believe in and (usually) work within the law to get their way, or reach an agreeable compromise.

edit on 25-3-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Truth is, it isn't the principle of cameras per se. If we lived under a just and fair government that only has our good at heart, being observed by cameras everywhere may at most boil down to feeling like a toddler who needs watching all the time but some people are toddlers and feel safe in such an environment.

No, the real problem is [and I don't get how there are still people who don't understand this], that the meaning of 'crime' can be totally skewed by any government to fit their agenda.
There are crimes nobody likes, such as mugging or rape or street violence.
Then there are crimes that nobody gives a s$%t about, such as a hippy smoking a joint.
Then there is the ability of governments to make up new crimes, such as collecting rainwater or growing a carrot.

See where this is going?
You may think that you are safe because you THINK you are law abiding and you may well be AT THE MOMENT but that can change from one day to another.
One day a law will be passed about things you don't consider a crime. Such as smoking tobacco, drinking wine for example, a camera in your living room will make sure you don't commit said crime. Maybe in a distant future you are required to exercise outdoors every day or lose your wages, and thanks to all the cameras whatever you do can be monitored.

Trouble is that some people never think about the fact that laws change, that one day they may not be so innocent any longer.

Furthermore cameras don't stop crime, they observe it [badly; often the culprit can not be traced regardless of cameras].

I am a human and I as long as I do not hurt anyone, I do not see why I should be watched constantly. And if I would hurt someone, then I hope that there are some clever Inspectors that will find out and nick me, just like in the good old days.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
"Oh Look, there is a nose under the edge of my tent."
"Don't worry it's nothing"
"Might be a Camel"
"Naw, there is no way a camel's on the other end of that nose."
"Oh, your probably right...wha'ts on the boob tube tonight?"
"I don't know. Go grab some chips and KOOL-AID."

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Hey, I don't mind if you want to call me paranoid, or whatever you want....but when you throw up a link where the admin is talking about people being sensitive and calling someone a crybaby.....you are a hypocrite. Yes, some of the opinions in this thread to me are disgusting - doesn't make me a crybaby, just means I don't like your statement. Life moves on....but as to the rest of your post you fail to address what I said, Public is owned by the public - what do the people feel about having cameras everywhere. As to the rest of your ramble about covering yourself, religions and what not - what are you talking about? Of course when you are walking in the public you will be seen by others, but doesn't mean you are being viewed / recorded by a camera.

The end of this matter to me is the government serves the people, not the other way around. Perhaps some people should realize that. Once politicians start saying we are going to do this and to hell with the people then perhaps someone needs to slap some sense into them.

edit on 26-3-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

The PUBLIC, is not 'owned' by the public. It's owned by the local city/state government.

If the the local municipal government wants to hold a referendum on the cameras, then, the 'people' get a choice in the matter. If only the elected officials make the decision, then the 'people' made their choice in representatives and must accept that choice.

Don't like it?

Run for local government. Making noise about it on some conspiracy theory website will change nothing. All it does is generate social media content and site participation.
If you actually really cared about the issue, you'd go run for local office and BE one of the decision-makers, or become as involved in local politics as time permits in meeting with your local representatives, voicing your opinion, getting petitions signed, doing sober research studies to implicate how cameras everywhere will effect economy negatively or some other button point to convince both voters and representatives.

If you really cared, you'd actually do something about it, and I'm not talking about juvenile paintballing, or other illegal activity.
If the Public belongs to the Public as you say, then, go BE the public, and get elected to local office where you will in actuality represent the local public and BE the Public.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I wish OP was wrong, but it's 100% accurate. We've opened pandoras box. Now, we have to learn how to properly deal with these infringements.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Originally posted by starshift

Since you see no problem with this feel free to post a web cam link to you computer for us to check in on you.

It would seem the creeper element on ATS is alive and well, especially since it appears some don't understand the difference between a domestic residence, and a PUBLIC place.

There's cameras in public all over the place already, plus it's PUBLIC.

Wow, you really are obsessed with your shell. Just so you know, I don't share that same interest in your image that you demonstrate through your avatars and general vanity. My post was more or less a gauge to your comfort level regarding the invasiveness of video cameras.

If the govt feels they need to monitor us in public at our own expense then we should have access to those public systems. Otherwise it's simply another tool in the corrupt hands of big brother with the intention of behavior modification and societal control. I'm sure the disempwered NWO cheerleaders will disagree with me though.

edit on 27-3-2013 by starshift because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Not only is this about cameras everywhere, it is yet another way the government is squeezing people who want to produce food so they get sick of it and quit. This is happening every day in many ways around our country. My guess is that it is part of a plant to concentrate farming in to the hands of 20 or so companies so that the OWG can control the food production. Control the food and you control the people.

Animal Liberation Purchases Drone

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

engineer418

Originally posted by Druscilla

Originally posted by ted4d

Not possible. Turn a phone off, and it's off. There isn't a phone on the planet that records everything - no point saying there is. It's not big brother, it's an app store, and you use it, or you don't.

why so paranoid! of course you can turn it off. Unless you think 'they' have found some way to make a phone work without electricity!! if it's off, it's not draining the battery, and it's doing nothing and big brother is not spying on you.

Have you ever heard of a CMOS battery?

No?

Hmmm.

Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor Battery???!!?

NO SUCH THING!!! Period!

Dude is correct! Once a device draws no current (turned off), it is OFF, and incapable of operation at any level. No spying, no recording, nothing.

Also, the good mayor is a bit off with his statement. There are already cameras at every corner, at least 4 actually. AND, in every city in America. I live in a small Texas twon about 35 miles from Dallas. Population may be as high as 7500 people. We have cameras on every corner, when I visit Dallas, I notice them at every corner, and in every parking lot.

So...stating that in 5 years this will be the case is whole sale BS; IT IS ALREADY THE CASE.

Also people don't be intimadated by their noise. They talk of recording everything, but fail to understand its quite simply not possible. Recently a city mentioned that soon they will be able to record everything viewed with their current cameras. They don't know that they will run out of storage in only a few weeks.

Government can't record what y'all think they can for one simple reason; there are not enough storage devices in existance to support even a small city for more than a few months, and it can't be make fast enough.

You are wrong. I have had a few phones that when turned off... and I mean OFF... where it will turn itself ON to sound the alarm I set to wake up for work and also asks me the question "Switch on device?" after I cancel alarm. ALL modern smart phones and tablets and computers have a "sub OS," that is how you see a battery icon when your device is off but plugged in to a socket to charge.

Your welcome.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
It is beyond understanding that this tiny minority group of felons thinks they can do whatever they wish over a majorities head, and they must know they're not endorsed, their crimes are handed back to them 10 fold, and yet they don't stop, and they are gnostics, they must know that they are responsible for this, no one's buying it, so....the consequence for all of this falls on them.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I happen to be in favor of cameras everywhere. It means all police actions are recorded. I do think there's a limit to what's reasonable however. I'm against using facial recognition or other technology to track individuals, however having a record of everything that has transpired that can be accessed when crimes are committed? That's good for public safety.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I think this is the third time that I recommended the movie Metropia here on ATS.

I case it is truly a sign for the times.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

We're going to have more visibility and less privacy': Mayor Bloomberg admits soon NYPD surveillance cameras will be on nearly every corner and in the air

What he is describing is a Matrix. And that's what he wants to build, a Matrix. So he can sit in his tower penthouse and flick the 100,000+ CCTV channels from the streets.

It will make Bloomberg feel important and powerful, for awhile. As the story goes, a NEO anomaly, the glitch in the equations, wakes up, and puts an end to his fearful use of technology.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: engineer418

There is a reason your phone knows what time it is when booted up and disconnected from a cell tower... even when charged from a dead battery. There is a SUB-OS that operates independently from the primary OS and it operates with little power when the phone is "TURNED OFF." Ur welcome.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: SayonaraJupiter

What he is describing is a Matrix. And that's what he wants to build, a Matrix. So he can sit in his tower penthouse and flick the 100,000+ CCTV channels from the streets.

Sounds more like the movie "Metropia".

Metropia

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: MidnightTide
Well you know it's technology and it's always getting better. It's increasingly connecting us and what can we do about it? Seemingly nothing. We can fight it, but it's an uphill battle; counter to the winds.

All points are coming closer; mental and physical. Even many or most of our own private thoughts will eventually be public to others. And maybe more speculative, maybe interdimensional points are closing too?

BUT I would not want to lose these freedoms. We WILL fight it. It WILL take time. I'm only trying to get at the ultimate meaning of all this--which is all points are coming closer, despite our resistance to it.

Some of it's fear. Fear of immigrants or AI or christians or atheists or cultists or strange people or new activities. Not all of that fear is misplaced. Some of it's biological instinct or otherwise healthy. But a fair amount of it's misplaced and we will discard it as events unfold. Truth be told we all have these fears in different amounts, different places.
edit on 11/3/2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MidnightTide

its not only NYC under Bloomberg...
the ME & African migrants swarming the EU are the latest targets for the UN mandated Universal ID card

see:

By 2030, provide legal identity for all, including birth registration.

The United Nations is already working hard toward the implementation of this goal – particularly among refugee populations.

The UN has partnered with Accenture (in a 3 year contract) to implement a biometric identification system that reports information “back to a central database in Geneva.”
www.proxy.premium-web.de...

well- that's one way to defang the Jihad attack on the EU

the ID cards will be linked with the 'everywhere' cameras with biometric recognition programs to 'track' every individual 24-7

edit on rd30144657452103152015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio
Another thing to be grateful for this day. I will be long gone from these planes by that time.

If it happens before then, well, a poor old lady can't be expected to remember to carry such things, and I am entitled to be a little crotchety, pig-headed, and stubborn. That is just how old farts are. Got to love them.

edit on 3-11-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Word correction.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Yes there will be cameras everywhere....whether THEY like it or not.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join