It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There will be cameras everywhere....whether you like it or not

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
reply to post by darkbake

Ha ha, that would be your Xbox Kinect and your laptop's webcam.

My kinect is not hooked up and my webcam has electrical tape over it.

Just sayin..

Ha ha you are one step ahead of me. Good job.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I can't help but laugh at those who say that we should 'expect' to have these cameras in public areas and should just get used to it because we have no right to object. These places BELONG to us, that's why they are PUBLIC areas. NOBODY or even any group of people have the 'right' to install these cameras because the land belongs to the PEOPLE.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
normally i'd say.. who cares? if you're a law abiding citizen you should have no concern as to whether or not you're being "caught on camera" but after realizing these people, the people manipulating video, the authorities pressured to make arrests at any cost i am very fearful of this technology because as much good that comes from it the atrocities to innocent people far outweighs the legitimacy for the cameras.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by engineer418

Look man - I'm not going to derail this thread any longer as it's about camera's but how can you say there's no proof?

The FBI admits that they used the microphones on cell phones even when they were off to build their case against the Genovese crime family in New York.

I mean, hell man it even went to court about how legal it was (determined to be a "roving bug" and it is legal according to the courts)

Here's a CNET story about it...In case you're too lazy to read the whole story it's in the 4th paragraph:

The surveillance technique came to light in an opinion published this week by U.S. District Judge Lewis Kaplan. He ruled that the "roving bug" was legal because federal wiretapping law is broad enough to permit eavesdropping even of conversations that take place near a suspect's cell phone.

Kaplan's opinion said that the eavesdropping technique "functioned whether the phone was powered on or off." Some handsets can't be fully powered down without removing the battery; for instance, some Nokia models will wake up when turned off if an alarm is set.

What else would you possibly want for evidence?

CNET FBI taps cell phone mic as eavesdropping tool

It's not exactly a hidden thing...

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
What can I say

If you ask me 1984 was a preconditioning/brainwashing tool. I mean after all, not to mention its prophetic qualities, just look how far up our azz its been ramed.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by coldkidc
reply to post by engineer418

Look man - I'm not going to derail this thread any longer as it's about camera's but how can you say there's no proof?

The FBI admits that they used the microphones on cell phones even when they were off to build their case against the Genovese crime family in New York.

I mean, hell man it even went to court about how legal it was (determined to be a "roving bug" and it is legal according to the courts)

Heck man, the truth is they can set in a little room and just listen to all the trafic on any cell phone they feel like listening to. They dont need any extra equipment on the phone.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Absolutely correct -
The poster that I was replying to has been trying to tell me that it's impossible for them to turn the microphone on when the phone is off & I keep telling him the only way you have a chance of stopping the microphone from ever being turned on remotely is to take the battery out...but I digress...

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake

Originally posted by Legion2024
Apart from my bedroom There should 100% coverage, I care not if people are watching or that the data is stored in a server house somewhere to be viewed if a crime takes place. or for any other reason, I have nothing to hide what so ever, as i do not commit crime. I can see those that want to do something wrong will not like it but big deal. Don't do crime if you cant do the time. Ohh the cameras should be a HD gigapan quality.

It's okay then if they watch you, in let's say, your bathroom? For what? How about if they watch your spouse or children if have those as family?

Really? Are you sure you commit no crime?
“Most Americans Commit About Three Felonies a Day”
Even if you're not American similar may apply elsewhere.

lol well that is one less crime i don't commit so to speak I'm not American lol, Bedrooms and bathrooms would be a no go. But then to assume they are going to have thousands of people watching screens is funny, The data would be stored in a data bank and used if a crime takes place. It would be impossible to prevent crime in real-time but to use said HD Gigapan quality recordings and voice would help in convictions.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
They should probably just put cameras in our living rooms. You know, for safety and security.

Flag for you for the quote; one of my favorites.

Microsoft's next console will have cameras attached that will know who is playing, and there are rumors you can't play without the cameras on. Many TVs are also shipping with cameras as well. So they will be in our homes in the guise of entertainment and convenience, and people will want them.

Add to that google glasses on everyone with cameras and the government doesn't really need to put cameras anywhere, just tune into one of the many cameras we all use in our daily lives. Which will be quite ubiquitous in 5-10 years.
edit on 24-3-2013 by evictiongnostic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Well I live in the UK and I can tell you that there are more cameras than ever and also more crime than ever. Not only crime, but public violent crime, so I would say that the cameras do not prevent crime (and in my experience don't help to find the culprit), so you have to question what they're there for.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

2600! You just took me back to when I was a teen and interested in at least the history of phreaking & hacking.
I went to a meet-up in Houston and remember a guy with some kind of electronics on the table next to him. He was sniffing for cell-phone packets for whatever reason. Oh technology, you crazy.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

There already are cameras every where... they are on all cellphones laptops atm machines that have them.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

If I need to tell you what's wrong with a mayor of a large metropolitan city in America admitting that Big Brother is coming to roost, whether "we like it or not,"

then...

There's no sense even arguing with you.

I wish I hadn't eaten breakfast this morning.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by sayzaar

Thank you for helping to keep my breakfast in my stomach this morning.

A little reason on this thread.

How can people be so ridiculous to believe that putting up cameras to spy on its citizens is a good thing?

It's not the cameras people!

It's the overtaking of our citizens by a rogue force-----the Government!

edit on 25-3-2013 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
How is this legal, doesn't the public have a say under the first and fourth amendments?.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
They already do have cameras everywhere in my metro area.

This one keeps getting to me:

We don't even need that many cameras anymore. just use hundreds of cell phone cams on one PCB, place it on a drone 17K feet up, and survey an area ~10x10 miles!!
edit on 25-3-2013 by CommanderCraCra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

The rise of the ATS Invertebrate; or It takes a spine to be a conspiracy Theorist.

It also takes a stomach too. It may be recommendable to remove oneself from any emotional investment as it applies to little words on a screen.

Little words on a screen. Why so serious?

Cameras in PUBLIC are in PUBLIC.
Is anyone freaking out that police are in PUBLIC too and just might happen to SEE them with their eyeballs?
Is anyone freaking out that other people in PUBLIC can see them with their eyeballs?
Near every single business anyone goes into has cameras too.
Tagging all your friends on Facebook helped develop a better facial recognition system too.

People love to make a big stink over privacy, yet, at the same time they WILLINGLY give up their own privacy for the sake of convenience as it applies to nifty new gadgets, identity/credit card theft protection, and any number of other tools, we use every day, some entirely transparent.

I've no problem with cameras in PUBLIC, because one expects to be seen in public.
I actually welcome cameras in public.

I also know enough to keep myself fairly secure at home in my PRIVATE residence as it concerns anything applicable to privacy in a private personal space.
I'm not advocating cameras inside of peoples homes.

The crybabies that throw little princess tantrums over cameras in public, however, are willingly of their own free will taking them into their homes, and carrying them around with them.

edit on 25-3-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Originally posted by ted4d

Not possible. Turn a phone off, and it's off. There isn't a phone on the planet that records everything - no point saying there is. It's not big brother, it's an app store, and you use it, or you don't.

why so paranoid! of course you can turn it off. Unless you think 'they' have found some way to make a phone work without electricity!! if it's off, it's not draining the battery, and it's doing nothing and big brother is not spying on you.

Have you ever heard of a CMOS battery?

No?

Hmmm.

enjoying your input on this thread. just thought I would let you know.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
lol... shooting out cameral lens's will become a favorite hobby in NYCity

hmmm..... in fact.. steal them from NYC and sell them to Detroit would be hilarious...

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

So you are calling that person a crybaby because they feel sick that some of you don't mind cameras in public areas.

Well here is a news flash, if you weren't already aware of it, that some of us don't like it. You say public and feel that is the end all, be all of it. Well, what is the public's opinion on the matter? Doesn't seem like the major gives a # = There will be cameras everywhere..whether you like it or not.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join