It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There could be a bright side to the DHS ammo purchase.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Barring out and out civil conflict, this mass amount of ammunition could very well end right back on the market at a discounted price. Of course that will be in 10-15 years from now. Maybe even sooner as the next administration or possibly even Congress (I doubt they would do it though) may even order it to be put back on the market as another cost cutting measure.

The government routinely rotates it stockpile of ammunition as lot numbers age. Most of this ammo is also stored in containers away from the elements.

I’ve previously bought ammo at gun shows as that is where you’ll find it cheaper in bulk quantities, rather than a sporting goods store. Often it was older military grade ball ammo that was ten to twenty years old, but I’ve never had a problem with any of it.

As I see it, this could very well be a win-win as well. The ammo companies are working overtime to replenish stock and some are contemplating expanding their plants, which means more jobs, thereby helping the local economy.

I know that I am being optimistic, but this admin only has three years left to do whatever damage they can do. The next administration can undo that damage, though it is always easier said than done. Personally, I’d rather see no further damage done to our rights.

Like I say, I’m trying to look at the bright side. My only problem is that I’m not a patient guy.
I'm trying though.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Even if there is civil conflict it could be a sort of blessing.

I have shot with numerous LEO's and federal agents over the years. Most of them had pretty poor marksmenship skills.

In a SHTF scenario, that is a lot of free ammo they have for us.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

There is a bright side, members of Congress are actually doing something:

15 Members of Congress Demand Investigation of Obama’s Ammo Horde.

Heres whats going on.

Our loving politicians have created a bunch of government "agencies": FDA, EPA, TSA, DHS, FBI, CIA, DOD, DOE, "Federal Reserve", you get the idea.

And these agencies do whatever the fugg they want and this is by design.

Once in a while, our elected representatives may offer the sheeple a dog and pony show where they summon the heads of these departments to a hearing and ask them some questions but at the end of the day, nothing changes.

Say youre having a problem with DHS. If you approach your Congressman for help. they'll tell you that theres nothing they can do, that you'll have to follow DHS' rules for appeal... So we have to appeal to the same agency which is the source of the problem...

So my question is, if Congress is unable to do shyt, why are they there? To create a bunch of autonomous agencies and pass horrible laws?

In this video, Rand Paul argues with the head of the TSA. Rand Paul is an elected Senator. Who the fugg is the head of the TSA? Yet this Senator and the rest of Congress are powerless to do anything...

edit on 23-3-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I'd prefer to shoot my food, not at other people. But I get your point.

I'm truly hoping that it never comes to that. Because once it does, the hunter also becomes the hunted.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Congress can actually do something. But the problem is that most of them have no spine and refuse to sign up on anything that may be used against them in their next re-election campaign.

It worked for Obama though...probably one of the most inactive senators ever. And now he's the POTUS. Go figure.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Definitely agree!

I just like to keep all options open. I will probably be holed up far away from any action if it came down to that situation. That would be my preference, but we all know about those 'best laid plans'.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Slightly off-topic, but thought I would share this.

My nephew just left Cabelas. There was no 7.62x39 in stock. Up until now, that was, along with 7.62x54R, has been plentiful there.

top topics

join