It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA trains and spies for Syrian rebels – report

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko

Surely the CIA wouldn't have anything to do with this.
Freedom that cannot be available within "official" institutions... haha can it be more obvious.

Freedom to become a haven for terrorists, and a people to live under the oppression of Islamic law. You can have a Syria that lives under the rule of either a brutal dictatorship, or a Syria that is under the control of radical Islamic leadership. Is either potential outcome worth the sacrifices so far?

This is a proxy war, an effort by the west to eliminate Russian influence over Syria... and eventually Iran. A proxy war that seeks also to provide more security for Israel through a western installed and controlled puppet regime. Iran cannot be confronted until their ally is removed from power in Syria.

Ultimately, like Libya and Egypt the best they can do is trade one evil for another.

It would be best if there was NO western involvement of ANY kind in this conflict, and for that matter anywhere in that region of the world... They can only make it worse, one way or another.

"Freedom" cannot exist within any predominantly Muslim country.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ausername

I agree with you to some extend, you lost me though when you claim no freedom can exist in the realm of Muslims. Read up on the Koran or at least look into the Muslim society. It's a peaceful religion. Just like every other religion you have a few rotten apples infecting the others. You need to take out the fundy's who interpret the Koran for their own agenda. Much like the church does...

It has been proven over and over how insane the msm propaganda works. I'l ask you a simple question. How can you put the fear of terrorism in the people minds if you show a peacefull religion? You can't and thus they lose control.

Every single time I talk to Americans they will say the same be it Democrat or Republican America changed the day 9/11 took place. All these laws wouldn't be possible if there was no fear. They needed to create an evil which they could exploit for their own agenda. ( much like those fundy's in the muslim world ).

So in the end we might have a huge cultural difference and approach to things but it's always the common people who pay the price.
edit on 24-3-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko

I agree with you to some extend, you lost me though when you claim no freedom can exist in the realm of Muslims. Read up on the Koran or at least look into the Muslim society. It's a peaceful religion. Just like every other religion you have a few rotten apples infecting the others.

If you believe that is true, then I challenge you to live in any Muslim country in that region, and see for yourself just how peaceful and free the people are there.

I agree that the vast majority of Muslims worldwide are indeed peaceful, and most are genuinely good people. That does not dismiss the reality that exists now in that region of the world.

Good luck.
edit on 24-3-2013 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevcolx

I'm Scottish and I work in Algeria. Muslims here are great. They know what is really happening in the world and why and laugh at Westerners that do not. I agree.

Enjoy that ignorance while it lasts.

If they know, then they must be able to realize that the Assad regime is supported and kept in power, overtly and covertly by the Russians, and the opposition, "rebels" "militants" "Al Qaeda" or whatever you want to call them are being supported overtly and covertly by the west, and particularly the USA.

You'd think that the Muslims on both sides would be intelligent enough to realize that they are both fighting to secure the interests of other nations. They actually believe they are fighting for their own causes?

It's a dangerous game with broader implications...

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

but I believe this revolt genuinely rose up from the people.

It seems that your the one who doesn't understand Syria and the fact that back during the 80s the Syrian Muslim Brotherhood were the first ones to rose up agaisnt Assad.

Yes how very genuinely of a revolt.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

It would be best if there was NO western involvement of ANY kind in this conflict, and for that matter anywhere in that region of the world...
So then do you agree that in order to carry that out, the elimination of the zionist regime illegallyoccupying Palestine is necessary?

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

You'd think that the Muslims on both sides would be intelligent enough to realize that they are both fighting to secure the interests of other nations. They actually believe they are fighting for their own causes?
You are not taking into consideration that these are foreigners who just want to "go on jihad" and will take anyone's money to finance their 'vacation for god'.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

It would be best if there was NO western involvement of ANY kind in this conflict, and for that matter anywhere in that region of the world...
So then do you agree that in order to carry that out, the elimination of the zionist regime illegallyoccupying Palestine is necessary?

No, rather I believe that Israel and the Palestinians should be left alone to either find peace, or a war that will end it all one way or another. Let them fulfill their own destiny. Also without ANY western involvement of ANY kind.

By the way, the elimination of the "Zionist Regime" as you call it, will come along with the near complete annihilation of all enemies of Israel in the region.... So why would anyone want to see that happen?

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

If the zionist regime was "left alone", meaning no military aide from the US, or for that matter, just eliminating the billions in aide, it would immediately collapse.
Your apocalyptic scenario emphasizes the criminality of the regime and why it needs to be eliminated.

edit on 24-3-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scope and a Beam
So many idiots in this thread who don't understand the history of Syria or the ethnic cleansing that went on there.

Not everything is a coup d'etat by the US. I am not pro-America by any means but I believe this revolt genuinely rose up from the people. I think now though that the West are taking advantage of course, but remember, we Brits were allies with Assad in the 80s back when he was listed as a terrorist by the US...

Idiots?

Stop taking so poorly about yourself, have some self respect!

Don't be so hard on yourself due to your inability to comprehend the obvious western lead coup in Syria which is being fought by non Syrians. Let's just pretend that the USA and its allies aren't funding this hostile take over and entertain your fantasy for just a moment

Don't let reality get in the way of your delusions.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

only thing they dont account for is future peoples. example: Suddam Hussain, while he was an ally at first. He turned when he got into power. It will continue to happen regardless, remember most of the people in these countries have religion, therefore in the end they will always know that God is watching them. Those more religious will turn against American/Israeli parent countries.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

. . . I believe this revolt genuinely rose up from the people.
That would have been the result of the work there by the CIA in combination with the brotherhood for the 'arab spring' offensive, which is a modified version of their 'color revolution' that was developed for the former Soviet Block countries.
Once they got some demonstrations going, then violence was injected by employing covert snipers to fire on them as a false flag to blame it on the regime.
After that it was easy to employ mercenaries from Iraq to form terrorist cells to aggravate the situation.
When the fighting started there were only 300 rebel fighters who were actually Syrians.
edit on 25-3-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join