It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Meteor Fireball(s) and lots of little little ones over Northeast - Mar 22, 2013 PM

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

huge one with greenish tail, AMS reports over 500 neteor sightings tonite b/w maine & nc

plus little one all over in the sky earlier tonite, just heard of a 2nd 'big one' spotted in nj

edit on 23-3-2013 by KamaSutra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by KamaSutra

Quite a biggy in the first video. The second video seems to be aircraft, unless there is one meteor in there somewhere, travelling at the same kind of speeds as do aircraft.

edit on 23-3-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Bottom video is BS !

Hoax trash thread.
edit on 23-3-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
North East where? This should be put in the subject heading. I know this might be a big shock to some, but this is not an exclusively American forum.

edit on 23-3-2013 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

Haha, share my frustration... on ATS all roads lead to America

Edit: Although video says Thurmond, MD ( and its Fox ).
edit on 23-3-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I was monitoring Somerset County MD 911 last night (weekend retreat). there was a report of a fire or flare in the marsh near Janes' Island Park outside of Crisfield. FD contacted NRP (Natural Resources Police) and Coast Guard for more info; 911 finally concluded it was the meteor.
many reports up and down the Northeast. seeking link.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Bottom video is BS !

Hoax trash thread.

I think the OP doesn't realize that the bottom video is a time-lapse, and aeroplanes in a time-lapse look a bit like meteors shooting across the screen.

Having said that if you play the footage back, and pay close attention, at 14 seconds there is a single frame that may have a meteor streak (possibly a small fireball) on it towards the top and in the middle. Difficult to tell for sure though, and it might just be a satellite flare, which can look similar. In fact, if you watch the rest of the footage, it seems to repeat a number of times, which is a little strange, and suggests that whatever it is, it's not a meteor.

But yes, it's a fairly pointless thread - thousands of meteors "burn up" in our atmosphere every single night, weather or not a notable fireball occurs, and fairly sizable fireballs like the one in the first video occur every night somewhere in the world, although they might not be observed or captured by camera every time they occur.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
linque

www.cnn.com...

must have been a whopper. shame I missed it.
existing thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 23-3-2013 by works4dhs because: add link to existing thread

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

join