It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catholic Church Accepts ET Life?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Revelation applies to whoever we meet in space. Jesus became man once for all time at a specific time and place as a Jew in Bethlehem, and that includes any intelligent life that might exist in our galaxy or beyond. - Jesuit Father Jose Gabriel Funes

Does ET pray? Deep questions of faith and astrobiology
March 13th, 2013
By Valerie Schmalz
www.catholic-sf.org...

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by 2012newstart

Can't wait til we Earthicans become a space-faring baptism revival species. Let's all go down to the quasar to pray!

But really, this is an amazing concept to me. We meet intelligent life for the first time, but instead of thinking for a moment that we should just drop our antiquated ideologies, we're just going to convert the tentacled nonbelievers.

Now I understand why people are afraid of hostile alien invasions. They could just end up being space missionaries.
edit on 23-3-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Just look into jesuits and lucifer and scottish-rite masons.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Hey ho, wait a minute there! God made the universe just for us humans. We're the special ones. If aliens come here we have to tell em' they can't be smarter and wiser than us. They can't even be equal to us. And the Islamic faith would compel muslims to kill all of these new infidels.

No, no, there can't be intelligent life out in the cosmos. It would make such a mess of things down here on earth.

Jesus died and came back to life just for us. Mohamed flew to heaven on a winged creature just for us.

I just hope that the intelligent life out there has cured their religious fantasies before coming here. Don't know how much more BS I can take.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Don't worry - they're just demons here to help the jesuits in their new world order - to decieve everyone into buying the rest of their crap.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

I don't understand why should the topic of ET life be demonized from beginning to end. Read Ezekiel 1 of flying saucers called wheels

edit on 23-3-2013 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Eziekel was angels from God, where do the angels that were removed from God dwell at? The air, space, and the earth.

Same kind of "being". Do you really think the vatican is involved with angels from God, with all of their blasphemy?

Who, or what is lucifer, that the jesuits worship?
edit on 23-3-2013 by Happy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

could you tell me the difference between angels of God and good extraterrestrials who serve God or who want to know God (as the humans) in the process of serving God? Did you read Ezekiel 1 and compare what the nowaday UFO sightings are?

The worst humans were here on earth, may be worse than devils: Hitler, Nero, many others.

We are talking of hundred billions galaxies with hundred billions stars in each of it. There should be all kinds of ET, good, bad, not decided yet. Revelation 12 gives the proportion: 1/3 of all are evil and fall Satan. How about the other 2/3?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
The catholic church will align itself with whoever has the biggest guns.They are just covering their sorry arses incase ET does arrive. They kissed Nazi arse big style so they could carry on unmolested. The same would happen if an advanced alien race arrived.

"Catholic Church sought to preserve its position in Germany by signing a Concordat in 1933. Thus, despite various Nazi violations of the Concordat, the Church was among the very few institutions in Germany which retained a measure of independence from the state."

edit on 23-3-2013 by Elvis Hendrix because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   

I don't know. But, be careful to discern spirits, or ET's, like you seem to thing they are. Again, I don't know - I'm not God, but God made all - that's what I do believe.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Elvis Hendrix

I completely agree with you - the Vatican is a bunch of arse kissing, wealth-looters, who have nothing to do with Godliness and Good.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
If pope Francis bless the ET upon their first pubic contact (an event not happened yet despite multiple private sightings and private contacts), he will open the door to evangelization and baptism of those ET who do not have the Revelation of God yet.

I assume some of them do have it since the beginning of ages, and served God as "angels" described in the Old testament. But not all of them, they are quite many (estimate the above equation how many different civilizations could possibly be out there). The earth christians may soon find themselves in the role of missionaries in the galaxies. Those of us who want of course. I vote yes and will enlist in the first mission.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
A few years ago(if I remember correctly), the Vatican astronomer came out and said that it was likely that life exists elsewhere in the universe. The Vatican basically said 'thats fine .. it won't change your faith in God'.
It's all good ....
edit on 3/23/2013 by FlyersFan because: added word

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   

I guess missionary is good, but I wouldn't go in pope francis's name, I'd go in Jesus's name - I don't know - but you might get a different reaction from the "aliens" to Jesus.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
According to Christian theology, we are born sinners because Adam sold out all his progeny to Satan. As sinners we deserve to die. Fod made himslef man (Jesus) and took our place and died so we dont have to - if we accept him. ETs, if they exist, are not descendants of Adam, so are not born sinners. IF they are sinner then they need God to take thier form and die for them too. So why would ETs need Jesus?

This is just typical of the Catholic Church, they dong care about Christian theology, all they care about is everyone and everything being under thier control. Hasnt anyone studied church history?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cinrad
if they exist, are not descendants of Adam, so are not born sinners.

You don't know if they are 'sinners' or not.
You don't know anything about the status of the souls (if they have them) of ETs.

This is just typical of the Catholic Church, they dong care about Christian theology,

1 - That's not true. Just because you disagree with their interpretation of theology doesn't mean that they don't care about theology. It just means you disagree with it.
2 - Acknowledging the truth .. that there is a high probablity that we are not alone in the universe .. has nothing to do with christian theology. It has to do with REALITY. Just like acknowledging the truth that germs exist has nothing to do with christian theology but instead has to do with reality. Same/same.

all they care about is everyone and everything being under thier control.

And how .. exactly .. is the Catholic church trying to 'control people' by saying that ETs could exist??
Learn the Drake Equation
Truth is truth ....
And the truth is, we are probably not alone in the universe.

edit on 3/23/2013 by FlyersFan because: typo

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

Can't wait til we Earthicans become a space-faring baptism revival species. Let's all go down to the quasar to pray!

But really, this is an amazing concept to me. We meet intelligent life for the first time, but instead of thinking for a moment that we should just drop our antiquated ideologies, we're just going to convert the tentacled nonbelievers.

Now I understand why people are afraid of hostile alien invasions. They could just end up being space missionaries.
edit on 23-3-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

The problem people have with aliens is that they are not going to believe the hypocrisy that we add to the religions to make us seem better than what we are. Aliens will probably show ous what we really are and for some souls that is a very frightening experiance because you cannot defend yourself form the real truth of what you are when you are not allowed to use the ego to give excuses for small minded behaviour.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Hey ho, wait a minute there! God made the universe just for us humans. We're the special ones. If aliens come here we have to tell em' they can't be smarter and wiser than us. They can't even be equal to us. And the Islamic faith would compel muslims to kill all of these new infidels.

No, no, there can't be intelligent life out in the cosmos. It would make such a mess of things down here on earth.

Jesus died and came back to life just for us. Mohamed flew to heaven on a winged creature just for us.

I just hope that the intelligent life out there has cured their religious fantasies before coming here. Don't know how much more BS I can take.

Are not what they describe as Angels in reality alien (unknown to us). But sorry I have to burst the bubble. Humanity is not the pinnacle of creation. God can create better things than small monkey suits with limited processing capacity and very limited psychic abilities. If they have reached a higher level than humans then they are probably free of duality/ego mind or are limiting the damage the ego mind creates to a very high degree.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Cinrad if they exist, are not descendants of Adam, so are not born sinners.

You don't know if they are 'sinners' or not.

Originally posted by Cinrad

If they are sinners then they need God to take thier form and die for them too. So why would ETs need Jesus?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1

I don't know. But, be careful to discern spirits, or ET's, like you seem to thing they are. Again, I don't know - I'm not God, but God made all - that's what I do believe.

That god made all that I can agree with. I just do not believe that you are not part of god. Disconnected you might be by that is your choice. A cell is in itself one single things. But you can also see a body as one thing. God is one but that do not mean god is not made up off smaller parts.
edit on 23-3-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join