National Gun Fever Shows No SIgn of Breaking

page: 4
13
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
The dems lost control of both houses back in the ninties, due to no small measure of their anti-gun stance. It'll probably happen again come 2014.

Why do idiots keep trying to repeating their mistakes.


I'm not so sure that it's a mistake this time, as the Democrats now have the blood of 20 innocent little children to exploit, and as we all know they're the best at exploiting emotions.

The key to the next election will be getting gun owners to make their feelings about this issue known to everyone in Washington, and voting in kind.
edit on 3/24/2013 by AntiNWO because: incorherence rules my mind today




posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
What a sorry excuse for journalism. Aside from the fact that it's clearly biased with an agenda, she didn't even get her facts rights. Lanza didn't use an AR-15; he used two handguns while the rifle was in the trunk of his car.


I hate to tell you but the gun in the trunk was a Saiga-12 shotgun, He did use the AR-15 to kill so this part of the story is correct.

However, it's the person behind the trigger, not the weapon or tool that's to blame.



posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
When the author is willing to outright lie to make an emotional argument rather than a reasoned one, you know they are selling somebodies propaganda.
These "reporters" are really psywar plants.....they disseminate the lies that the PTB want promulgated.



posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
not sure if I am replying to this thread correctly as I just read AR15 somewhere and got mad about it.
I am British (English tbh) and we live without em, don't really agree with it but never understood the need for assault rifles ? you want to protect your family in the home 1 x shotgun and the job is done? FACT. this is more about boys playing COD or thinking such things. someone comes in your house, bang from Shotgun and no more threat, why an assault rifle? Please... there is not an army coming up the drive or multiple troops deploying on the lawn, seriously take a reality check and sort the # out. Sandy Hook etc and you still advocate such weapons?



posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by patriot20001
 


If every cop in my below average crime rate county feels that it is dangerous enough to have one, then I will be sure to defend myself to an equal capacity. If anything, police should be limited on firepower because they've proven time and time again that they can't aim and unlike me, they have a near unlimited amount of backup at their disposal.



posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by patriot20001
not sure if I am replying to this thread correctly as I just read AR15 somewhere and got mad about it.
I am British (English tbh) and we live without em, don't really agree with it but never understood the need for assault rifles ? you want to protect your family in the home 1 x shotgun and the job is done? FACT. this is more about boys playing COD or thinking such things. someone comes in your house, bang from Shotgun and no more threat, why an assault rifle? Please... there is not an army coming up the drive or multiple troops deploying on the lawn, seriously take a reality check and sort the # out. Sandy Hook etc and you still advocate such weapons?



my personal opinion is that it's not about if we should or if we want them, it's the fact that we (Americans) have the freedom to own those types of guns if we wish to. There are more legit people who own assault weapons than there are of those that commit crimes with them. Plus outright banning the guns will not work here. The British tried to ban guns here once, it didn't work out that well.
edit on 24-3-2013 by sandman441 because: (no reason given)
edit on 24-3-2013 by sandman441 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
What would it take for you Americans to decide that it's okay,
we don't need guns after all, everybody is grown up enough not to want to kill each other.

Or would it take a series of tragic mass shootings...
Err, nah scrap that one.

Ummm, maybe y'all just need to get educated more?



posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sandman441

NATIONAL GUN FEVER SHOWS NO SIGN OF BREAKING


news.yahoo.com

Never mind that Adam Lanza used a Bushmaster AR-15 assault-type rifle to rip apart the bodies of children at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn. Forget the fact that James E. Holmes, the alleged Aurora, Colo., movie theater shooter, fired, among other weapons, an AR-15.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on Sat Mar 23 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: ALL CAPS IN TITLE
edit on Sat Mar 23 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: try again, all caps


They create panic and then wonder why people are buying guns and ammo. You would think the liberals work for the gun lobby.



posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baxta54
What would it take for you Americans to decide that it's okay,
we don't need guns after all, everybody is grown up enough not to want to kill each other.

Or would it take a series of tragic mass shootings...
Err, nah scrap that one.

Ummm, maybe y'all just need to get educated more?


What part of "Shall not be infringed" don't you understand? Educated more?



posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baxta54
What would it take for you Americans to decide that it's okay,
we don't need guns after all, everybody is grown up enough not to want to kill each other.

Or would it take a series of tragic mass shootings...
Err, nah scrap that one.

Ummm, maybe y'all just need to get educated more?



educated more?

Like how to subjugate ourselves to the govt or a monarchy?

Or maybe we need to learn how to lick the boots of politicians and govt officials like they do in England and Australia?

How about YOU get "educated more" on facts, like how areas with strict gun control have higher crime rates than areas with less gun control or that the chances of dying in a "tragic mass shooting" are incredibly small (0.000003%).

Instead of making an emotionally charged, inflammatory comment about something you know very little about maybe you should do a little research first instead of parroting what you hear on the TV or read in some left-wing rag of a news paper.



posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Baxta54
 


You see, there are two problems that make gun control a loser at the national level in the United States. The first is that, for about 80-85% of the population, gun violence isn't much of an issue, despite their own high rates of gun ownership. It happens once in a great while, but for the most part, people in the rural areas and smaller towns aren't shooting each other. Good luck convincing them to give up their rights and their property for an issue that does not affect them. The second is that the areas with the highest gun-related homicide rates also tend to have the strictest gun laws. Again, good luck convincing that first group to give up their rights and property when gun restrictions have flatly proven themselves to be ineffective (and many would argue counterproductive) in the areas that DO have a problem.

For most of the country, its not even close to necessary and it doesn't work anyway.



posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by AntiNWO

Originally posted by TDawgRex
The dems lost control of both houses back in the ninties, due to no small measure of their anti-gun stance. It'll probably happen again come 2014.

Why do idiots keep trying to repeating their mistakes.


I'm not so sure that it's a mistake this time, as the Democrats now have the blood of 20 innocent little children to exploit, and as we all know they're the best at exploiting emotions.

The key to the next election will be getting gun owners to make their feelings about this issue known to everyone in Washington, and voting in kind.
edit on 3/24/2013 by AntiNWO because: incorherence rules my mind today

Our government too uses hoaxes to create the illusion that We The People have no choice but the direction the government wishes us to go in.
Once lost, the Romans never got their Republic back. Once lost, the Germans never got their Republic back. In both cases, the nation had to totally collapse before freedom was restored to the people.


Remember that when thugs in the streets act in a manner clearly designed to provoke the public fear.


Remember that when the President lies to you about weapons of mass destruction. ....................



posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sandman441
. There are more legit people who own assault weapons than there are of those that commit crimes with them.


Indeed. The whole 'assault rifle' issue is a farce. The truth of the matter is, the percentage of firearm-related homicides committed where the perpetrator used a rifle of ANY kind is typically no higher than 3% in a given year. That's inclusive of assault rifles, pump actions, lever actions, bolt actions, single shots and semi-auto hunting rifles.

If they were serious about stopping 'gun violence,' they would attempt to ban handguns. Those comprise nearly 80% of all firearm-related homicides. Not that I'm in favor of banning those, mind you, but if the politicians and anti-gunners were honest, that's where they'd focus. Then again, they're not honest, and I suspect they couldn't care less about gun violence, except when it allows them to manipulate the issue to restrict the rights of law abiding citizens.



posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
They fabricate, spin, and weave stories that would make a nun blush, and they lie to the American people about everything under the sun, from how many barrels of crude oil are leaking into the Gulf of Mexico from the ruptured Deep Water Horizon, to how many billions of dollars the Nation is going deeper into debt every single day!
Now we are just supposed to suspend our incredulity, and believe them, when they tell us to turn in our Guns........ If it walks like a dictator, talks like a dictator, THREATENS LIKE A DICTATOR and spends like a dictator, Guess what" IT'S A DICTATOR.

The United States Government is desperately trying to frighten the American people.
Both the Congress and the President are engaging in scare tactics.
I came into this world kicking and screaming while covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem with going out the same way.



posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

Originally posted by vor78
reply to post by syrinx high priest
 


If the anti-2nd crowd doesn't see a benefit in 'fear', as you put it, then why are virtually all of their arguments based upon it? Most of it is ridiculous.



You don't see the hypocrisy in your statement?

fear is what gun nuts use to validate their need for guns and more guns. Their argument is always about the what if scenario. The entire pro gun argument is about FEAR.


You don't see the irony in your statement? Watch..

Fear is what gun-grabbers use to validate their need for less guns. Their argument is always about the what if scenario. The entire Anti-Gun argument is about FEAR.



posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BanTv
 


I have a fair amount of firearms and ammo. I don't really fear much.






top topics



 
13
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join