National Gun Fever Shows No SIgn of Breaking

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I've seen and pointed this out on this website. Many gun owners are becoming obsessive. They are acting crazy.

Wrong. THE GOVERNMENT is becoming oppressive and acting crazy (see: billions of rounds of ammo for various agencies, 100,000 "homeland security" officers. armored fighting vehicle purchases, TSA checkpoints on highways) and on and on.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Slightly off topic, but still relevent to the debate:-

I've asked it before on here before to those that are Pro-Gun, and am still waiting for an answer. Well an answer that doesn't boil down to "BUT IT'S OUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT!!!1111", so I'll ask it again - What is being done to stop the Government impinging your rights? Every time a debate is brought up on ATS about Firearms in the USA, there will ALWAYS be at least 10-20 responses of "It's our constitutional right! We need them to stop the Government from becoming Dictators, and the average Citizen becoming slaves!!!"

So please tell me, Pro-Gun people, what is being done to stop them now? I see your supposed liberties and freedoms being taken away every day, yet all I see from the enraged Citizenry is "YEAH YEAH, WE GOTTA STOP EM!!! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!", yet nothing is done about it.

Sorta throws your argument out the window about protecting yourself from the big bad Government with firearms when the best you can do is get angry on an internet forum.........

Edit:- look at the post above to prove my point. So, whats being done????
edit on 23-3-2013 by TerribleTeam2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
It is patently obvious, the presence of millions of well-armed citizens tends to give politicians pause.
See any nation with a disarmed populace for examples of oppression.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by texas thinker
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Killing over material objects is idiotic?
In order to steal from my home you have to first break into my home.
It is not about killing over material objects. If some thug broke into my home while we are all away and stole some stuff I would file a police report and hope they caught the guy. That is why I have home owners insurance.
If some one comes in while I am home, it is about I don't know what the hell they are after and they will die a quick death by my hands, holding either my handgun or shotgun, whichever is handiest at the time. That is an immediate threat to myself and my family and you don't get a "freeze, honey call 911" from me. You break in, I will do my damnedest to see you carried out!

I really cant believe anyone would have to explain this to anyone.

Thanks for taking the time to do so, as I guess common sense is exceedingly uncommon these days.

I couldnt have explained it as well as you just didnin a hundred years of trying, very nice job.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
I think you're upset because she's presenting facts you don't like.

I think you've hit the nail on the head. When we hear the truth, and its something we really don't want to hear because it could tear down part of our world - for example science destroying ones religious universe - then we become very angry at whoever it is saying those facts. They receive a viscous tongue lashing for daring to smash our illusory bubble with their swords of evidence, logic and reason. This article is eliciting a somewhat similar sort of response.

Guns don't heal the sick, they seem to kill more people than they ever save, and they won't solve Americas problems! - if that is true I'll be treated like an outspoken gay guy on a fundamentalist christian forum.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerribleTeam2
Slightly off topic, but still relevent to the debate:-

I've asked it before on here before to those that are Pro-Gun, and am still waiting for an answer. Well an answer that doesn't boil down to "BUT IT'S OUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT!!!1111", so I'll ask it again - What is being done to stop the Government impinging your rights? Every time a debate is brought up on ATS about Firearms in the USA, there will ALWAYS be at least 10-20 responses of "It's our constitutional right! We need them to stop the Government from becoming Dictators, and the average Citizen becoming slaves!!!"

So please tell me, Pro-Gun people, what is being done to stop them now? I see your supposed liberties and freedoms being taken away every day, yet all I see from the enraged Citizenry is "YEAH YEAH, WE GOTTA STOP EM!!! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!", yet nothing is done about it.

Sorta throws your argument out the window about protecting yourself from the big bad Government with firearms when the best you can do is get angry on an internet forum.........

Edit:- look at the post above to prove my point. So, whats being done????
edit on 23-3-2013 by TerribleTeam2 because: (no reason given)

It should be obvious, but since it wasnt for you, I will explain it.

We have the option as a last resort, to use violence if necessary. Many of us dont think it necessary yet, so we are trying to use the avenues that exist to cause change, through nonviolent means.

Killing and civil war and revolution etc... are the last, last, last resort, used only after every other peaceful means has been exhausted, and there is no other choice at all.

It isnt taken nearly as lightly as you wrongly assume, it is serious business, and as such, is taken quite seriously.

This isnt children arguing over toys, these are peoples lives, on both sides, and none should be taken at the drop of a hat.

I really dont bekieve you dont understand this.

The reason nobody answered you btw, is that it is so ignorant they didnt want to even acknowledge it with a reply.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TerribleTeam2

The founding fathers were required to allow British troops to stay in their home. They didn't do anything until there was an attempt to disarm. Also, I would like to ask you this: How would you get 270 million guns off the streets without getting millions of civilians, police and military killed?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Originally posted by sandman441
This "journalist" should be fired. All this article is play on emotion and how this person views everything. This is absolutely disgusting to me. [snipped]

While I disagree with her overall conclusion, she mostly presents just facts.
I disagree with her conclusion, but it IS logical.

I think you're upset because she's presenting facts you don't like.

I don't like the article because it lacks facts and the facts that she presents are wrong, and it also relies on emotion either right or wrong on her part. It is an opinion piece but the facts she states need to be correct.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
So, this is what passes for Journalism these days...

On a lighter note, anyone watch The Newsroom? How I wish that was a real news show and not just a sitcom.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
You don't see the hypocrisy in your statement?

fear is what gun nuts use to validate their need for guns and more guns. Their argument is always about the what if scenario. The entire pro gun argument is about FEAR.

Not really. Perhaps if I'd made that statement in a vacuum, it might seem that way, but clearly, it was a response to the previous poster who was implying that the antis have nothing to gain from playing the fear angle. Interesting, considering that fear has been the entire justification for the current wave of 2nd amendment restrictions being proposed in Congress and passed in a few state legislatures so far this year.

That said, yes, I fully recognize that both sides beat the 'what if' scenario like a rented mule.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
FIREARMS REFRESHER COURSE

1. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

2. A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

3. Colt: The original point and click interface.

4. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.

5. If guns are outlawed, can we use swords?

6. If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.

7. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

8. If you don't know your rights, you don't have any.

9. Those who trade liberty for security have neither.

10. The United States Constitution (c)1791. All Rights Reserved.

11. What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?

12. The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.

13. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

14. Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians.

15. Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

16. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

17. 911: Government sponsored Dial-a-Prayer.

18. Assault is a behavior, not a device.

19. Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.

20. If guns cause crime, then matches cause arson.

21. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.

22. You have only the rights you are willing to fight for.

23. Enforce the gun control laws we ALREADY have; don't make more.

24. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.

25. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.

IF YOU AGREE, PASS THIS "REFRESHER" ON TO TEN FREE CITIZENS.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Wow. Now just think if this "journalist" (and i use that term VERY loosely) had a love child with Piers Morgan..... Hell, theyd have to start up their own news network...

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
So far the democrats are the leading gun salesmen in the US today.

It is kind of funny when the anti gun people sell more guns and ammo then the manufacturers can make.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sandman441

Finally had some 9mm and .223 in stock at the local gun shop. The prices weren't too ridiculous either.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by madenusa
FIREARMS REFRESHER COURSE

1. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

2. A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

3. Colt: The original point and click interface.

4. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.

5. If guns are outlawed, can we use swords?

6. If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.

7. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

8. If you don't know your rights, you don't have any.

9. Those who trade liberty for security have neither.

10. The United States Constitution (c)1791. All Rights Reserved.

11. What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?

12. The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.

13. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

14. Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians.

15. Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

16. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

17. 911: Government sponsored Dial-a-Prayer.

18. Assault is a behavior, not a device.

19. Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.

20. If guns cause crime, then matches cause arson.

21. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.

22. You have only the rights you are willing to fight for.

23. Enforce the gun control laws we ALREADY have; don't make more.

24. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.

25. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.

IF YOU AGREE, PASS THIS "REFRESHER" ON TO TEN FREE CITIZENS.

Beautiful in its simplicity isnt it? How xan anyone not clearly understand the intent of such a post.

I thonk some are just too stupid to ever see the sun, even though they will complain about it buring their backs.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yahoo isnt even trying to disguise this biased opinion piece leaving it in the "news" section.

Not sure which lies of hers you were referring to but this one stood out to me:

A high-capacity magazine also enabled the massacre committed by Seung-Hui Cho, who killed 32 people at Virginia Tech.

Actually he used 17, 10 round magazines firing 170 rounds using hand guns. Thats 20 rounds more than Adam Lanza who allegedly used one of those "evil" rifles with the larger magazines.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I couldn't even read past the first 5 sentences without getting angry with the writer. This is not journalism this is complete garbage and it's definitely not news.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sandman441

Did everyone forget that the guns don't kill people crazy-ass people kill innocent people. Also if TPTB are trying to outlaw our guns why do they post security guards with GUNS in high traffic places i.e. schools, malls ect... seems that they are spreading the messgae that more guns will help reduce crimes like Aurora and Sandy Hook hmmmm.... O, yeah they would. Gun accidents are easily avoided as well, it's called learning how to use a fireman before you actually use it like driving a car or like hunter's saftey. It's a simple solution. This is some serious # we need to keep our 5th Amandment rights fully intact for the reason stated in the 5TH AMENDMENT including when TPTB are trying to fully militarize the entire country.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Know what else would have enabled him-reloading. Outlawing high capacity magazines is BS won't help anyone but politicians and gov't make more money busting people for 'crimes.'

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join