It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Gun Fever Shows No SIgn of Breaking

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
who benefits from fear ?

it sure aint the politicians

so who had the agenda here ?

I am sure this was sarcasm right? I mean it is hard to tell on the net as I cant hear the sound of your voice, or see your mannerisms, so I will just think good thoughts about you, and assume you already know the absurdity of that statement.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by sandman441

What is to be expected? They aren't journalist any more. They are dramatic high school tweeters, ranting dramatically about what they feel us bad or good.

edit on 23-3-2013 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
It's a political commentary article, it isn't meant to be "journalism".

edit on 23-3-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
Wow, there's some stomach-turning garbage for you. No wonder the American public is so misinformed when excrement like this passes as legitimate journalism. Hell, she even finds time to cry a little about the 2000 election in that article.

Hey lady, if you just demonize the law-abiding gun owners just a little more next time, maybe they'll actually listen to you. Or probably not. As it turns out, people usually don't respond well to that sort of thing.

That's it!

This is just another sad attempt to teach "low information" Americans how to think.

This is more evidence that Yahoo articles should be ignored.
edit on 23-3-2013 by TauCetixeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

reply to post by syrinx high priest

If the anti-2nd crowd doesn't see a benefit in 'fear', as you put it, then why are virtually all of their arguments based upon it? Most of it is ridiculous.

You don't see the hypocrisy in your statement?

fear is what gun nuts use to validate their need for guns and more guns. Their argument is always about the what if scenario. The entire pro gun argument is about FEAR.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Bunch of blind 2nd amendment sheep. This article was well written and honest..something the gun nuts despise..how dare she bring honesty into the argument of fear mongering lies.

These are the truths in a gun argument. Guns don't stop crime...guns don't prevent crime..owning a gun does not stop the government from doing what ever it is they want to you and yours, more guns means more crime..not less.

The gun nuts may show you a few stories here and there to counter...but that's what they are...A FEW..out of the multitude of gun horror stories.

I am not saying all gun owners are gun nuts..there are some responsible ones out there...it is the blood thirsty ones that are the issue. The ones who will kill if someone takes their tv...etc. The ones who feel the need to own multiple weapons..when one should be enough to protect a family.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

reply to post by syrinx high priest

If the anti-2nd crowd doesn't see a benefit in 'fear', as you put it, then why are virtually all of their arguments based upon it? Most of it is ridiculous.

You don't see the hypocrisy in your statement?

fear is what gun nuts use to validate their need for guns and more guns. Their argument is always about the what if scenario. The entire pro gun argument is about FEAR.

I disagree entirely, you obviously have no idea what your talking about.

Do you carry and use condoms because of fear? No it is just smart.

Do you have a pot holder because of fear? No it is once again just smart.

Do you have a hammer tondrive nails because your afraid to use your head? No, same as before, it is smart.

Do you have a phone because of a fear of not talking to someone? No, it is a useful tool and once again smart.

Do you have a car because your afraid of walking? No, again it is smart, and much more convenient.

So why is it that in your estimation, the only reason to have a gun is fear? This is not smart, not smart at all sir.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Bunch of blind 2nd amendment sheep. This article was well written and honest..something the gun nuts despise..how dare she bring honesty into the argument of fear mongering lies.

These are the truths in a gun argument. Guns don't stop crime...guns don't prevent crime..owning a gun does not stop the government from doing what ever it is they want to you and yours, more guns means more crime..not less.

The gun nuts may show you a few stories here and there to counter...but that's what they are...A FEW..out of the multitude of gun horror stories.

I am not saying all gun owners are gun nuts..there are some responsible ones out there...it is the blood thirsty ones that are the issue. The ones who will kill if someone takes their tv...etc. The ones who feel the need to own multiple weapons..when one should be enough to protect a family.

Guns have stopped governments from doing what ever they want many times, try reading some history.

Your damned right I will kill you dead where you stand, if you break into my home and try to steal a penny, not to mention a tv or anything else of actual value. Your life bacame forfeit the second you thought to violate my home, my castle, my santuary for your own personal gains, try getting a job.

There was no truth to the story, it was ridiculous. Can you not understand tye simple concept of defending yourself? It is jot the leos job to protect or save you, nor are they anywhere in the country under such a mandate. They can sit and watch as you. Are ax murdered and do nothing but arrest the guy after he is done with you and your family, and the law has been followed by the leo.

I believe yours is one of the dumbest opinions I have heard all week.
edit on 23-3-2013 by inverslyproportional because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

I really don't see why you gun owners love to use completely different objects as a reference to counter an argument on guns.

Condom, pot holders etc do not have the same uses as a weapon.

You keep a gun for fear of being raped, killed or whatever. So don't try and BS people.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

See these are the type of idiots that I am against. Killing over material objects is idiotic. I cannot argue if the person attempts to kill you to get to these material items...then yes it you or them.

But to kill a person on the way out of your home with a tv is just plain old blood thirsty. If you are alive and the only missing in your life is a tv..then consider yourself lucky...no one died over it.

People like you need to have their guns confiscated...to kill over anything besides saving your own life and others shows your not mentally stable to own a weapon.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Gun nuts are not reasonable people so there is no point in discussing anything more with you people.

Have fun with this thread...

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I really don't see why you gun owners love to use completely different objects as a reference to counter an argument on guns.

Condom, pot holders etc do not have the same uses as a weapon.

You keep a gun for fear of being raped, killed or whatever. So don't try and BS people.

I am sorry your entire world is driven by fear, mine is not. I do not fear criminals breaking into my home, nor do I fear death. I have faced both, and neither time was I scared, I would call my state of mind in both instances hightened, and super alert, fear was never even present until after the fact. Perhaps it is because both times I didnt have time to anticipate the outcome so I didnt have time to be scared. After the fact though, as the adrenaline began to filter out, and my rational mind returned to the forfront instead of being replaced by instinct, and I had tike to think and ponder the way it might have gone, yes fear was present, but it was fear of what might have happened had I jot been prepared.

I use other tools as an example, because guns are tools, just like every other thing I named. Once again, one doesnt have a tool because they are afraid, they have it in case it is necessary. This has jothing to do with your semantics and words games.

Your ignorant of the real world, made quite obvious by your assertion that the onky reason to have a gun is fear.

I have had a gun since I was 7, I have used it many times for many uses, hunting target shooting etc... never once for protection, as I havent had the need so far, but should the need arise I am prepared.

You know just like a condom, better to have it and nt jeed it than need it and not have it.

Where do you come off with this retarded philosophy that one should not have equal use of tools to protect themselves, as those that would seek to hurt them? This is idiotic, and one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.

Laws do not stop crime, hence criminals being criminals, as they dont follow the law, I believe you already know this though.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

I thought they found a shotgun in the trunk and he carried the Bushmaster and two pistols inside.
That's what I keep reading at least.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

See these are the type of idiots that I am against. Killing over material objects is idiotic. I cannot argue if the person attempts to kill you to get to these material items...then yes it you or them.

But to kill a person on the way out of your home with a tv is just plain old blood thirsty. If you are alive and the only missing in your life is a tv..then consider yourself lucky...no one died over it.

People like you need to have their guns confiscated...to kill over anything besides saving your own life and others shows your not mentally stable to own a weapon.

Ok where do you live, so I can come and steal everything you own?

And then you would what, call the police to come and use lethal force if necessary to stop me?

So what you mean to say is your to kuch of a coward to defend yourself or your property, but have no problem having someone else do it for you?

Who is an idiot here?

The world is jot some fantasy, where everyone has jo need to take the lives of another. In fact the world is still the law of the jungle, there are those that will orey on others, and there are those that will be preyed upon.

I am not a lion hunting for prey to attack, I am a rattle snake coiled and shaking my rattle to warn you what will happen if you want to try me.

As far people like ke shouldnt have guns, lol, and what would happen if criminals thought they coukd just rob everyone without repercussions? Thats right, there would not only be more of them, they would be even more aggressive.

Once again, all order in the human world comes with the threat of lethal force for noncompliance. Hense the police carrying guns, and militaries killing agressors etc...

Your not very intelligent at all if you cant see this, it is a fact, it is the true nature of tue world, and no matter the idiotic rhetoric spewed by you or anyone will change the facts.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sandman441

The reason I posted this article is the fact that the media is trying to change the story on Sandy Hook. This "journalist" should be fired. All this article is play on emotion and how this person views everything. This is absolutely disgusting to me. [snipped]

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on Sat Mar 23 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: removed recruitment

It is called "Sheep herding".

People in general are quite easy to manipulate or "Steer" especially when playing on the emotion called Fear. Which is why we always see and hear such fearful events on TV and newspapers, especially when a political agenda is involved.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sandman441

As I have just done a thorough cleaning of my "religious totems" after a nice day at the range I sat down and read the article. I then wondered who the heck this Cynthia Tucker is and why I should care about her opinion. I didn't realize that Yahoo! is still a viable source of...well...anything. I also wondered how the Supreme Court has gone "further to the right?" Really? I don't think so, nor do I think much of this lady's opinion.

I can't believe that U.S. Citizens really think that banning those black, plasticy rifles will do anything to curb murders. I mean, they do realize that most murders are committed with hand guns, right?

Ultimately the article lost my interest when she brought up Al Gore's Presidential loss. Come on, let it go already!

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Why do idiots keep trying to repeating their mistakes.

They keep repeating false garbage because of this:

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

Joseph Goebbels

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
American friends, and allies do not accept this attempt to deprive you of a certain type of weapon. If you allow politicians to take the right to own one type of firearm they will through mission creep eventually disarm the law abiding citizens completely leaving only criminals, and the organs of state with the means to defend themselves and, no longer in fear of the decent American people.

I implore you for the sake of all that is dear to you to resist the attempt to deprive you of what is one of the central tenets of the freedom, and liberty that makes the USA the beacon of civilisation that it is. This gun owning Brit stands with you.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Killing over material objects is idiotic?
In order to steal from my home you have to first break into my home.
It is not about killing over material objects. If some thug broke into my home while we are all away and stole some stuff I would file a police report and hope they caught the guy. That is why I have home owners insurance.
If some one comes in while I am home, it is about I don't know what the hell they are after and they will die a quick death by my hands, holding either my handgun or shotgun, whichever is handiest at the time. That is an immediate threat to myself and my family and you don't get a "freeze, honey call 911" from me. You break in, I will do my damnedest to see you carried out!

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sandman441
This "journalist" should be fired. All this article is play on emotion and how this person views everything. This is absolutely disgusting to me. [snipped]

While I disagree with her overall conclusion, she mostly presents just facts.
I disagree with her conclusion, but it IS logical.

I think you're upset because she's presenting facts you don't like.

Americans have heard a steady drumbeat of pro-firearms rhetoric that fetishizes the Second Amendment. In other words, the climate around firearms has gotten crazier.

I've seen and pointed this out on this website. Many gun owners are becoming obsessive. They are acting crazy. A hardcore gun owner will likely deny it. But to us pro-gun people on the outside, it is obvious.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join