Man Shoots Horse Dead in Video to Defy Animal Activists

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I've been wondering from the start....isn't animal cruelty an issue here? He shot a perfectly healthy animal for personal gratification and demonstration for a cause. Seems almost textbook to abuse to me?

AS a couple of us have pointed out to you (and you acknowledged once back there, but perhaps forgot again)

There is no evidence at all so far that this was a "perfectly healthy animal", nor that he was killed only for "personal gratification". Demonstration for a cause was done- this killing was made public. But that doesn't mean it wouldn't have been done in private anyway.

The "cruelty" issue seems to be more abotu being cruel to humans, in exposing their eyes to this part of reality that is going on all around them, but hidden and largely taboo.

It is normal human nature to feel this emotional shock to such a sight. On the other hand, it is for EVERYONE- including the people who have to be stronger than the others, pick themselves up by their bootstraps, put on their big boy panties, and do what has to be done.... even if it is difficult inside.

Those that get stuck with the hard responsibilities tend to blow up once in a while at those who hide their eyes and complain all the time.

Now, this was not a nice thing to do, granted. We can't make it unhappen. But we can use it an opportunity to focus on the issue and inform ourselves.

Bolt guns are extremely effective for quick and humane killing, and what was used in horse slaughter houses.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

AGAIN!!!!

Killing a horse for survival or putting it out of it's misery is one thing but your still not getting the point of the discussion.

This sick individual killed the horse in cold blood on camera and with profanities aimed at people who oppose cruelty to animals.

So in effect he was using the CRUELTY factor to state a point. That is then a cruel act! Especially filming the act we are discussing. This is psychotic behavior!

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
The only thing he is guilty of is offending those who made sure he had to do it himself.
(Of course he offended others on here who do not know the full story but they will get over it)
Shouting profanity. Eh so what.
Recording the act. Eh I have seen worse plus I didn’t see the horse suffer. If he had shot it in the gut and let it fester and die that would be a different story. For those who say he should have had it put to sleep well that is just stupid and costly. A bullet is fast cheap and effective.

Yeah he was cruel but not to the horse. He put the horse down pretty humanely.

Now if those damn peta people hadn’t blocked the factory for as long as they did he could have sent the horse there where they could have used a more humane way to put it down.

The truly cruel ones in the story is peta because for all this time people have had to ship the horses by rail to Mexico to be processed. Where many died of dehydration and other causes. Now do you think the humane standards for such a factory would be better or worse being in Mexico than in the US.

After looking more into the story you can see why the man is pissed and to be honest I do not blame him.

Blame Peta for holding up the plant.
those opposed to the factory
edit on 24-3-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

So what is this discussion all about? Is it how animals are put down or is it about a guy that is obviously not firing on all thrusters being disgusting and cruel and boasting his distaste to animals lovers and posting his video for all to see.

He was basically boasting. 'I kill lovely animals and u can't do a thing about it. And f**k u'

That is basically what he was doing. He should get a job in the US Government and or the CIA. There he will learn how fun it is to kill innocent people with Guns and Drones!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by stevcolx

So what is this discussion all about? Is it how animals are put down or is it about a guy that is obviously not firing on all thrusters being disgusting and cruel and boasting his distaste to animals lovers and posting his video for all to see.
Well you obviously see it like that however that isn’t what I see.

He was basically boasting. 'I kill lovely animals and u can't do a thing about it. And f**k u'

Instead of you going on about what(he basically said) why don’t you just use the words he actually said.

That is basically what he was doing. He should get a job in the US Government and or the CIA. There he will learn how fun it is to kill innocent people with Guns and Drones!!!

And you are basically making crap up then throwing in words like drones, CIA, blah, blah, blah for effect. Is that what you want this to be about?

Never mind you are obviously not firing on all thrusters
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The truly sick people on the recording are the ones making the death threat phone calls.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Yeah Whatever!

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I didn't watch the video but I would be lieing if I told you I'd be sad if I heard someone actually went forward with the death threats. Meanwhile I'll buy the champagne and keep on waiting. I feel like I may get lucky this time. And yes, I'd watch the video of this human trash being killled if someone posted it. The world needs a clean up anyway.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Well there you go.

This man is guilty of hurting the feelings of people like the man above.

People who not only have no problem with killing another human, they actually take PLEASURE in it. (and would not be concerned about making it quick and painless)

People who have to do the dirty but necessary work of putting down animals, and hate having to do it themselves, but must do it for the sake of the animal, are "the bad guys".

-These are the people who had their feelings so cruelly hurt by this video?
Forgive me for not being very sympathetic.

(but no, that doesn't mean I would be happy to see him killed.

)
edit on 24-3-2013 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevcolx

Animals have to be put down. Now, without slaughter houses that can do it, it is individuals that have to do it themselves in their backyard.
That is hard for them. They have to see it and do it and clean up after it.
Why should those who made them have to do it be able to avoid seeing it too??

Well, you allowed yourself some assumption there, and added a bit. I would add instead,
"I have to do this crappy thing to an animal I know and raised, and it is emotionally painful for me, but you have made me have to do it. # you!"

It is not nice to say" # You". We agree on that.

It is not nice to kill horses, but unfortunately it has to be done.

It is not nice to tell owners they have to either do it themselves in their backyard,
or let the animal suffer and die slowly on a trip to Mexico.

But frankly? I'd rather be around the guy who says the F word to other humans, than the one that takes delight in the killing of human beings.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

There is no evidence at all so far that this was a "perfectly healthy animal", nor that he was killed only for "personal gratification". Demonstration for a cause was done- this killing was made public. But that doesn't mean it wouldn't have been done in private anyway.

In fairness to your sentiment here, I definitely had caught what people said about that and it leaves me two choices. I can default to the assumption that the horse wasn't healthy which gives the guy a little leeway for what he did there with a big benefit of the doubt or I can assume the horse wasn't sick (as absolutely nothing seen there indicates or supports).

Well, given his callous execution of the animal, as he states to forcefully to make a point, I'm definitely not giving him any benefits of any doubts. It's the nature of the act far more than method of the act that really pisses me off on the guy's conduct.

Thanks for the info on the bolt gun. That does sound about as humane as anything can get, given the circumstances. It beats what they do to turkeys anyway. Of course, scale of size here ...it wouldn't have worked that way, regardless ...but I'd have hated to see anything remotely like it somehow adapted.

edit on 24-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
It has been revealed that a potent painkiller Dermorphin made from the secretions of Phyllomedusa tree frogs from Central and South American jungles, is about 30–40 times more potent than morphine, is believed to have entered the human food chain in contaminated horse meat.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
In researching further, I am reading that this video is actually a couple of years old and making a comeback lately in circulation.

The guy was harrassed heavily. I hear that he had also videoed his cutting up the horse for eating purposes.
It is against the law in New Mexico to kill an animal for no reason- but not to kill it for consumption- which is apparently what this guy did.

I still appreciate that it stirred dialogue- a lot of people just aren't aware of the issues involved in the slaughter controversy. In the circles of horseowners I hear form in the US, there is an abundance of horses people cannot care for anymore, because of the current economic situation- they are starving everywhere, people cannot even give them away. they can't afford to have them put down by vets anymore than they can afford to feed them.

But I am against selling their meat for consumption, because of the hormones, antibiotics, drugs they could have in them, as well as possible disease and illness (don't know about the frog stuff above.....).

I don't know what options exist if someone really wants to avoid slaughter. Perhaps, if you have money to spare, take in a few horses? IF you have the space and ability to feed them and care for them?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

As a horse owner and horse lover, I just can't abide by this guy at all....

There are plenty of other animals to eat.

Also, note that horses that have been kept as pets cannot be sold for meat...their meat would be too ridden with different vaccines, etc. that horse owners use to keep the animals healthy, to be fit for human consumption.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

to play the devils advocate

this is to everyone saying its wrong

so what?

China, Vietnam and so on will happily BBQ Dogs and Cats
this is considered wrong in other countries which have domesticated the animals and keep them as pets,
to china they are just live stock

India, Banned the slaughter of Cows in most regions as they see them with high respect and god figure.
doesnt stop us from breading them and BBQ them in the UK and other countries

just because one group of people see animals one way, doesnt mean others will.
each to their own.

ps I have not eaten horse, Cat/dog
I just don't care what others do (think I said this a few years back on ATS lol)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

I get that it shouldn't be illegal...I just have my own personal morality issues with it.

Just because you could eat a bald eagle, doesn't mean we should start making soup out of them.... The horse is a noble and symbolic creature, just like the eagle...so that's where I have issue with it.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Also, note that horses that have been kept as pets cannot be sold for meat...their meat would be too ridden with different vaccines, etc. that horse owners use to keep the animals healthy, to be fit for human consumption.

Is this a new law? It surely was not on the books when I was in the industry. How absurd - if it is - as I can personally guarantee you horses on the racing/show circuit have a lot more ‘onboard’ than 'backyard' horses which routinely go without their veterinary upkeep where a show/race animals cannot.

And if it's not 'pets' as well as 'used up' and old race horses, show horses etc - where do all the horses come from if not from private sales to the 'meat man'? How ridiculous.

peace

edit on 25-3-2013 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

problem is "noble and symbolic creature" can be used on any animal as it shows the traits, this doesnt stop said country from cooking them up.

end of the day its up to the individual country and its people on how they go about their business, like it or not.
as i said before (I doubt most people would stop eating beef burgers as it offends Hindus)

heck most animals are more Noble then their human counterparts and have shown that in many instances

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Is this a new law?

State and local laws mostly, so varies...but also, the majority of drugs used in horse care (such as vaccines) are not FDA approved for human consumption, and that's where the issues are. Of course, these restrictions don't exist in many other countries. Our horses get periodic vaccines that are recommended for all horses.

In the UK, and the US, it's mostly just a taboo meat.

edit on 25-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
When I was in Costa Rica last year the owner of a place I was at cooked some sausage and offered it to me he said it was horse before I ate it didn’t bother me in the slightest. It was actually very good. He was a little surprised it didn’t bother me because Americans are generally squeamish about such things however I spent years in the military where I have lived in countries where cat, dog, monkey have all been served to me. I have to say I would chose horse over any of those taste wise. At least in CR they told me what it was before giving it to me in other countries they would just bring it out and you would learn what it was after you ate.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Did they tell you what it was before you ate it?

Just gotta wonder if an @** hole would be tasty if you didnt know what it was., Little pepper & salt makes all the difference.

new topics
top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join