It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Shoots Horse Dead in Video to Defy Animal Activists

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
What a total psychopath/sociopath.

The word would be a better place without people like him.

I really hope a militant offs him.

edit on 23-3-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by GuidedKill
I'm ashamed at all of you who came on here ranting and raving about one man killing one horse while every second thousands of men women and children are slaughtered everyday in senseless violence and war. Where are all your sympathetic post and outcry for them? If all of you animals rights people give even a fraction of the compassion towards your fellow humans the world would be a better place.

Now c;mon, you of all people shock me to have that logic and reasoning.

All the evils and wrongs of a billion people don't make the outright wrong of an individual ANY less than what it started as, taken in isolation. I'm surprised to see anyone make the case that 'We shouldn't care because much worse happens" or anything to that effect.

Much worse is what we all spent the other 98% of the day debating around here...this 2% was about this turkey and his apparent brain fart in thinking it would be productive in ANY way to execute a horse on video for the world to see.

I've been wondering from the start....isn't animal cruelty an issue here? He shot a perfectly healthy animal for personal gratification and demonstration for a cause. Seems almost textbook to abuse to me? (Food or not in other context)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by GuidedKill

I don't think replies infer people care more about animals than people for the person thinking empathy should be redirected toward dying people. I am not an activist nor am I insensitive to animals. Well maybe more on activist side but I don't think about it much or I wouldn't eat meat (now eat free range thinking I'm being nicer). Anyway...this guy needs to get to a doctor. He clearly doesn't know how to deal with his strong emotions with activists. I get pissed off at people but I don't commit violent acts meant to draw attention to myself to spite them. He is a dangerous person simply because he filmed and distributed this, not necessarily because he shot the horse.
edit on 23-3-2013 by Dianec because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

I'm ashamed at all of you who came on here ranting and raving about one man killing one horse while every second thousands of men women and children are slaughtered everyday in senseless violence and war. Where are all your sympathetic post and outcry for them? If all of you animals rights people give even a fraction of the compassion towards your fellow humans the world would be a better place.

Now c;mon, you of all people shock me to have that logic and reasoning.

All the evils and wrongs of a billion people don't make the outright wrong of an individual ANY less than what it started as, taken in isolation. I'm surprised to see anyone make the case that 'We shouldn't care because much worse happens" or anything to that effect.

Much worse is what we all spent the other 98% of the day debating around here...this 2% was about this turkey and his apparent brain fart in thinking it would be productive in ANY way to execute a horse on video for the world to see.

I've been wondering from the start....isn't animal cruelty an issue here? He shot a perfectly healthy animal for personal gratification and demonstration for a cause. Seems almost textbook to abuse to me? (Food or not in other context)

It will just weigh negatively on his horse slaughterhouse. Seriously, for me it's been years that I fought against horse slaughter due to cruelty this but again it's legalized. It's a real set back. Horses in America, such as why it was illegal( the American Horse Slaughter Prevention Act), are seen differently-meaning such as not food animals. So, if he is the one who represents the whole of the newly legalized slaughter, we're in trouble. At least those of us who are favor of this compassion towards animals.

PS, a lot of us people in Favor of Animal Rights are in favor of Human Rights as well, I don't see why there has to be a division if we discuss a current event.
edit on 23-3-2013 by dreamingawake because: more

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Well, I'm glad you came into the thread with your years of fighting this. Perhaps you can answer me a straight question without industry fluff and euphemisms to cover the reality.

I know ALL too well how turkeys are ...processed... for lack of any other word for that 'moment' of turning from animal to product. I know how cattle get processed. The larger the animal gets, the uglier the process becomes, in my experience, for the sheer level of effort and force required vs EVERY animals will to live beyond almost all odds.

So..my question in your time for this subject..How precisely DO they propose to kill the horses for large scale meat production? Surely not by gunshot. Even cattle go with a variation but not outright shooting them ...(insanely dangerous for everyone around, if nothing else...doing it hundreds or more times a day). Still..it can't be a nice thing to "efficiently" kill an animal of that size in a factory line style?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Was the horse lame and/or did he eat the horse afterwards?

I know we're not supposed to be cruel to animals, but I don't think it's right to keep them just for pets either. When you start thinking things like, "i love my animals blah blah that man needs to die blah blah", then you've become perverted.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Well, I'm glad you came into the thread with your years of fighting this. Perhaps you can answer me a straight question without industry fluff and euphemisms to cover the reality.

I know ALL too well how turkeys are ...processed... for lack of any other word for that 'moment' of turning from animal to product. I know how cattle get processed. The larger the animal gets, the uglier the process becomes, in my experience, for the sheer level of effort and force required vs EVERY animals will to live beyond almost all odds.

So..my question in your time for this subject..How precisely DO they propose to kill the horses for large scale meat production? Surely not by gunshot. Even cattle go with a variation but not outright shooting them ...(insanely dangerous for everyone around, if nothing else...doing it hundreds or more times a day). Still..it can't be a nice thing to "efficiently" kill an animal of that size in a factory line style?

In the past American slaughter houses used captive bolt pistols which stun the animal- as opposed to Canada and Mexico who stab them through the neck to sever their spines often leaving them twitching while they are bled out. Horses were sometimes sent to cattle slaughter houses, where they were not properly "put down" because of the workers not knowing the difference between anatomy of the animals often just bashing the horses skull in while the brain is intact. If the slaughterhouses were to grow in size due to demand they, let's say, could implement electrocution "cubes" in which multiple pigs are killed in.
edit on 23-3-2013 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply and interest. It's a distasteful subject from start to finish, to be sure. No real GOOD way to do it, I guess. Not when death is the ultimate necessary end state. Well... You've apparently spent far more time on this with thought and effort than I. What do you think is the most humane/effective method? I assume the punch you're talking about is similar to the set up adapted as a murder tool in "No Country For Old Men"? I'd read the book and it described it as being from cattle slaughterhouses. Seems a very effective method, if used properly?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

“He shot a horse, that’s what he eats, it’s not against the law to slaughter your own horse,” De Los Santos said. “Now, putting it on YouTube, I would not have done that.”

He did not just shoot the horse. He murdered it.. Only to prove a point and it was done with malicious intent. What a messed up man he is.. Disgusting and very upsetting. He needs to be psychologically evaluated..

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply and interest. It's a distasteful subject from start to finish, to be sure. No real GOOD way to do it, I guess. Not when death is the ultimate necessary end state. Well... You've apparently spent far more time on this with thought and effort than I. What do you think is the most humane/effective method? I assume the punch you're talking about is similar to the set up adapted as a murder tool in "No Country For Old Men"? I'd read the book and it described it as being from cattle slaughterhouses. Seems a very effective method, if used properly?

No problem. Indeed it is distasteful. Sadly people will focus on "OMG I clicked on the video, bleach my eyes!" as opposed to educating themselves about what is really going on, as to why people oppose of horse slaughter. Also, to mention as why they see this slaughter house owner as being absurd to cruel in action to just make a statement against people because obviously he's been waiting to be back in business that the "Crazy Animal Rights people" put him out of.

You can't use euthanasia drugs-not safe- on animals for slaughter, the captive bolt gun even outweighs a bullet(which is messy anyway) according the American Veterinary Medical Association, humane groups, etc., myself as Vet Tech, as the most humane procedure of slaughter for food animals. While the method used to slaughter the horse is not wrong, the slaughter house owner came off as un compassionate as the horse twitched to it's death. That's even to mention his vindictive message to Animal Rights. Not something you should be sharing to the public if you want them to buy your product.

While I'm not very familiar with "No Country For Old Men". Though, the what I mentioned is an example of videos the that have surfaced of electrocution being used in pig slaughterhouses, which I don't see as humane.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Whats wrong with what the guy did? For the rest of us .... This is part of why I personally don't care for the idea of breeding horses as a food animal. That's me though and just one of many reasons.
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Nothing wrong with what he did except for perhaps the show, the presentation.

That said:

What makes a horse different than any other animal/meat?

Disclaimer: I ate horse in Japan. Delicious.

Aside: Mislabeling meat is wrong anyway, which seems to be the problem with the whole Britain thing.

Aversion is a cultural thing.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
My dad own racing horses, they aren't meant to be killed and eaten... They are for racing, riding, breeding, looking after etc. Cows and Sheep are one thing but I will never chew on horse meat.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep
reply to post by goou111

Was the horse lame and/or did he eat the horse afterwards?

I know we're not supposed to be cruel to animals, but I don't think it's right to keep them just for pets either. When you start thinking things like, "i love my animals blah blah that man needs to die blah blah", then you've become perverted.

Senseless killing is senseless killing; that man has no right to take the life of anything that is not a means to his personal survival.

He did it to piss of animal activists, for f***s sake. I hope you can see why few people have sympathy towards him.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
You people are the biggest bunch of hypocrites I've ever seen (and that's saying a lot considering this is ATS- home of trolls and hypocrites)

How do you know he killed this horse for "fun" or to "make a point"

You don't. So stop flapping your jaw, some tortured cow meat is falling out.

Considering the vast majority of people in the world who are represented on this forum eat meat, and eating meat means killing an animal, what possible room do you have to talk?

Is there any proof this guy stole someone's horse and killed it without permission?

Is there any proof this horse wasn't put down for health reasons?

Is there any proof this horse wasn't put down to eat?

Your not only hypocritical but incredibly ignorant if you are unaware that eating meat means killing an animal. Meat doesn't come from mcdonalds or the supermarket, it comes from the dead body of a live animal, didn't you know that?

So why all the outrage? Because you place the life of a horse over the life of a cow, buffalo, deer, chicken, etc? Because you like to eat meat but don't have any idea how that meat gets to your table? Because you are some militant vegan? Really, a militant vegan (who I find stupid beyond belief) is still worthy of respect more than you guys as they are following a belief system, they are putting they money where their mouth is. But all of this manufactured outrage about the killing of an animal, when odds are you have consumed flesh from animals who were treated far worse than this horse ever was, is just plain stupid.

You people should either become vegans or shut up,otherwise you look foolish.

I can't wait until horse meat becomes available, never tried it, but I really really want to. The main meat staples like cows and chicken are boring compared to some of the more "exotic" meats out there. Although pork is still my favorite of all. Yummy piggies.
edit on 23-3-2013 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
You CANNOT eat horse meat because horses are cute and smart and we ride them.

But you CAN eat pig meat because pigs are.....ummm.....uhhh....errrrr.....because
....we don't ride them.

So the rule is....You cannot eat meat from animals that we ride.....or that are cute....or that have
fluffy fur....or that make us go..."awwww"

But BIG ugly animals are okay, preferably REALLY BIG ugly animals (like cows). But not REALLY REALLY
BIG ugly animals....like elephants.

So the rule is...we can only eat medium sized big ugly animals, that we don't ride, that are not
too smart, that are not too cute, and that are tasty and nutritious.

.....oh yea I almost forgot...it's okay to eat fish as well.....as long as they are stupid and slimy and
don't look like dolphin or porpoise...

edit on 23-3-2013 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

You are just deflecting an issue by wanting everybody else to care about something to let this go. You can care about several things. But if I go by the numbers of living animals on this planet then a horse is more rarer than a humans nowdays since humans seem to be multiplying like cookroaches and when one animal on the planet does that then in the end the will get a mass death due to limitation in resources and habitat and in humans case probably the end of most of the life on the planet. Sorry but was humanity not supposed to live in harmony with nature making sure both lived worthy lives.

If the number of humans was 20% of what it is today then this planet would be a nice place both for humans and animals and not a strain on the planets resources. Allowing only one kid per woman would solve that quickly and would also increase the rarity of children so that people would frankly care more about the children that are born. With lesser population you would get less war and fighting over resources since there would be more per capita.

I do not see the problem with eating horse because it is horse if the animals have had a good life and are treated ok. I could probably have a cow as a pet and have a lot of fun with it and I eat cowmeat.
edit on 23-3-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
You CANNOT eat horse meat because horses are cute and smart and we ride them.

But you CAN eat pig meat because pigs are.....ummm.....uhhh....errrrr.....because
....we don't ride them.

So the rule is....You cannot eat meat from animals that we ride.....or that are cute....or that have
fluffy fur....or that make us go..."awwww"

But BIG ugly animals are okay, preferably REALLY BIG ugly animals (like cows). But not REALLY REALLY
BIG ugly animals....like elephants.

So the rule is...we can only eat medium sized big ugly animals, that we don't ride, that are not
too smart, that are not too cute, and that are tasty and nutritious.

.....oh yea I almost forgot...it's okay to eat fish as well.....as long as they are stupid and slimy and
don't look like dolphin or porpoise...

edit on 23-3-2013 by rival because: (no reason given)

You forgot rabbits which are kept for petting quite often as well

Anyway eating animals is perfectly natural. You dont turn into a monster when you eat something someoneelse is just a little bit more attached to than you are.

Come on these are all luxury problems; people are starving on the other side of the world this shouldnt even be a discussion; be happy you got meat to feed on.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

I think I see, and I think others might also. I don't think you see, though. I think you, and most others, are completely blind to this deception.

Like drops of water on the forehead, perversion can be very faint, but together, those drops can completely corrupt your mind.

I would list what all I think the hypothetical drops are, in this deception, but I do not want force anything; and not only that, but to actually see, you really must have faith in God. So please, don't take it as me trying to forsake you. If I were, I would not have responded.

Just know that God loves you, and all you need to do is love him back. Once you love him, everything can become clear, if you ask for understanding.

humanistic cartoon animals drip drip drip

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
What a jack ass.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
The government has made it illegal to inform consumers of what's in their "food" these days, anyway, so why get all lathered up over a little hoss meat in your Big Mac?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join