It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Shoots Horse Dead in Video to Defy Animal Activists

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I haven't eaten meat since Xmas day, 2007, and part of the reason is the cruelty those poor animals are subjected to in the slaughterhouses; not to mention the antibiotics and diseases which plague just about every commercially-raised animal. Fish, to cows, and everything in between are treated cruelly. I didn't watch the video because I hate seeing things like that.

I am not against eating meat at all. If I was ever to eat meat again, my requirements would be that the meat is from a clean animal that was raised and fed correctly, and the death of the animal is humane and painless as possible.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Something few people realize, like the lady above said -

When they "humanely" closed the horse slaughterhouses in the US, these horses were sent on long, hot journeys in railcars to Mexico where they either died of dehydration on the way, or were punished/abused to the point of death on these trips, and then killed - less humanely than one bullet to the head - and usually made into dogfood.

That was the "humane" act that the closing of slaughterhouses in the US sentenced these old horses too.

Many places in the world (France - for example) horsemeat is considered a delicacy.

Cows in India are considered sacred, and roam the streets freely.

I eat meat - if I had to, I would kill it myself, and thank God for the food.

If, or when, I die - I would rather have one bullet to the head, than to be railroaded and die of dehydration and misery.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Reply to post by muse7

Murdering a person over killing a horse that he owned? A horse life is worth a persons? More loony liberal logic to come, I am sure.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

If any of you are farmers and raise animals - you know - it's hard to watch any of your animals suffer in any way.
You spend years, watching them, feeding them, birthing them, making sure they're healthy (and happy?).

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I dont think there is any need to click the link, quite outrageous really that someone who calls himself a cowboy has so little respect for animals..

hopefully someone will do the same to him

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevcolx
reply to post by danj3ris

It's not nice to kill without a reason. He didn't have a viable reason. He did it out of spite.

I have horses at home and they are lovely animals. They have a brain, a heart and if your religious a soul. They even have feelings. Strange that the guy doesn't feel any empathy for the horse he shot in cold blood. Do u think he'd feel empathy for people?

Maybe later we will see a youtube video of him being shot in the head. Hopefully!

We are all animals. Horses are limited by their bodies for how they move and communicate but they are not dumb animals. Some people are dumber than horses.

This guy is just cruel! Plain and simple.

Without more information we cannot know what reasons he did this for.
It could have been for costs, it could have been in protest, it could have been for other reasons.

I do know horses are expensive animals both to keep and to buy, and that one looked young.
If there was nothing wrong with the horse he wouldn't have killed it, if he could keep it or sell it.
Pure economics speaks to that.

My guess after watching the video (if you have not don't, it's exactly as bad as it sounds), is that there is a regulation set upon him, or his land, by animal rights legislation, that forced his hand. And literally his hand, as he couldn't move the horse to a facility to do it for him. Hence his wording.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Where in this wide world
Can man find nobility without pride,
Friendship without envy,
Or beauty without vanity?
Here, where grace is served with muscle
And strength by gentleness confined
He serves without servility;
He has fought without enmity.
There is nothing so powerful,
Nothing less violent.
There is nothing so quick,
Nothing more patient.
~Ronald Duncan, "The Horse," 1954

So sue me. I'm a guy who loves horses.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

We don't want animals to suffer.

But this man shot an intelligent animal that did nothing to him out of Spite!!!

That's the problem we are discussing. If he was in the UK and he did that and put it on youtube he'd be arrested and thrown in Jail in an instant!

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
A friend of mine called me one day - screaming. ‘Please come help. Someone hit our horses on the road. We were ridding and...’ I hung up, got my ‘jump kit’ (for animals and people) my gun and was on my way.

The scene was incredible bloody. The people, car, the ground. Of course the horses. What a horrible mess. The poor State Trooper was white as a ghost and shaking.

My friends husband and his friend had been ridding a road on a long stretch where the horses could be seen for a mile in both directions. Some woman with a poodle on her front seat plowed into the horses and riders because the dog was freaking.

Ok - now that you’ve got the back story. Yes, I checked the old lady first - but that’s for another thread - on to the horses.

One horse suffered only minor injuries, the other was not nearly as lucky. A fractured hip is not easy to do to a 1200 pound horse. There was no saving the animal. The State Trouper at the scene called a vet - it would by 40 minutes until he/she arrived. I told him to cancel the vet the horse needed to be euthanized and not then but now, that moment, to end it‘s suffering. The Trouper did as instructed and then stood there looking at me blinking like an owl. He wouldn’t shoot the horse. I asked if it was against his job description. No, he replied, he just couldn’t do it. So I did. I made an ‘X’ between the horses eyes and ears (imaginary of course) and shot the horse with my pistol to the left of center ‘X’.

First thing out of the Troopers mouth? 'Jeeez, that thing hit the ground dead before my ears stopped ringing’.

He’s right.

When you euthanize a horse CORRECTLY - it goes down fast - no running in place, no huffing and puffing, no thumping of the tail, etc.

I’ve worked with vets who couldn’t put down a horse as humanely. I’ve had a horse of my own try to climb back out of a hole AFTER being ‘euthanized’ by a vet (for insurance reasons). I never allowed that to happen again. Ever.

So - what’s all this boil down to? It’s my opinion the guy in question was a total ass *bleep* to destroy that animal to make a point.

But the point was made. Shooting a horse correctly is quick and clean. The horse is 'here' one second and 'gone' the next.

To date I’ve yet to see a cow ‘put down’ with such ease and little pain sans fear unless I’ve done it myself.

So, you can romanticize horses all you want - but at the same time - and before you want to carve up the people who eat horse meat? Take a look at that steak on your plate and KNOW that lovely steer did NOT die easily, without pain and without fear. They don’t. Not in slaughter houses.

So let’s be doen with the ignorance and look at the complete picture. I’d also suggest you look at yourselves and instead of whining - either stop eating slaughterhouse meat or stop being critical as it’s your desire (to eat meat) that is the protagonist for animal suffering.

peace

edit on 23-3-2013 by silo13 because: bbc bold

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
First i thought the video was fake because when he shoots the horse all his legs get spasm and he falls flat on his face. But that was just the spasmattack when the brain shuts off or someshin like that. R.I.P. Horse

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by stevcolx

I don't think we know the whole story. I don't anyway. Is this the result of some new insane gov't regulation, that you can't have an animal unless you have this number of acres? which was just changed from 1 month ago? The gov't is notorious for doing this kind of thing.

The economy is bad. Keeping a horse is expensive. How Many Farmers had to get rid of their animals due to the drought and the high cost of hay this last year?

I just don't know the whole story. Don't judge. Maybe he's a really pissed off man who was forced to do something he didn't want to do. Have you ever paid vet bills on large animals?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

I have horses. I know the vet bills are extreme. But if you read the initial story again?!

Tim Sappington, an employee at the Valley Meat Company out of Roswell, NM posted a video on youtube of him bringing out a horse and saying "To all you animal activists, !**# you" and proceeds to shoot the horse in the head

Now. Reading that looks like it is out of sheer Cruelty and Spite! There was no need whatsoever for committing an act of CRUELTY like that! The argument is not whether or not it's a humane kill but the fact that that guy is being an a**hole and killing an animal with malicious intent. You could say he murdered it. Yes I did say murder because he did it out of sheer pestilence and cruelty to illicit a negative and shocked response to what he calls 'Animal Activists'.

I did not see a humane kill.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Video leaves me speechless.

Says so much about what we have become.

earthlings.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
don't agree with killing an animal for a "point"- was the animal sick injured (maybe he was going to eat it?)

The only thing I would say is that the horse suffered a quicker and less stressful death than the cows, pigs etc most people chow down on.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Credenceskynyrd

That's about the Only good thing in this-that the poor horse died quickly and hopefully completely painlessly,or felt pain for but a split second.i think any point he was trying to make,is going to get lost in a storm of hatred and disgust-so in effect-the horse may well have died for absolutely nothing.This guy needs to grow eyes in the back of his head and sleep with one eye open,he left himself wide open for a brutal reprisal.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Your post has earned so much respect from me, silo.
That is a journey only few can really travel and a path rarely taken.
You are a tough, and sensible person, and I respect you much more now.
That was an incredible ordeal and probably all that needs to be said.
But you did it right.

I don't care to watch the video, because I despise how people incessantly put videos on the internet trying desperately to prove a point. It's half of the reason the Internet is full of garbage these days.
Why add to it? Of course it's going to stir up emotions.
That's exactly what it is supposed to do.

Adding to the OP:
It's extremely naive to believe that all animals will die humanely. Not all will.
If we look at alot of animals in their true environment, most die much worse deaths.
Just in the form of natural predator/prey relations.

We should always strive to make sure our pets don't suffer, sure.
But food and pet are two completely different animals.
Don't confuse the two. (Or become vegetarian....
)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

great post

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Big deal this guy just shot his dinner what's all the piss poor uproar this it about

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I have no beef (pun intended) with eating horsemeat, it's no different than any other meat and I can accept that this horse did not suffer, certainly not as much as many animals we eat suffer in their deaths.
However having said all of that, this guy is a nasty asshole.
He did this out of spite and to prove a point, killing another living being to make a point is not big or clever and this man is a complete jackass.
edit on 23-3-2013 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
What is all this about "he only did it out of cruelty" stuff?

I'd like to know where and how you got your information! I'm having trouble finding it, so it woudl be helpful to let us know where it is.

Horses are worth money, and people who own horses are not likely to kill them just to be known on the internet.
From the way the guy handled the horse, he is experienced with horses, and is/was probably an owner.

That horse was young, but the chances are that it had to be put down for a reason, and he just took advantage of the moment to make his statement at the same time. It may have had HYPP or another genetic disease. Horses born with those type of mutations should be put down. Not only for themselves, to avoid the degenerative effects and suffering, but to avoid them breeding and reproducing, spreading this disease wider.

Less conscientious people simply sell their diseased colts to unknowing parties, who do not test, (backyard owners) and that breed them. If such horses end up in circulation is hurts many.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join