It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Shoots Horse Dead in Video to Defy Animal Activists

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Tim Sappington, an employee at the Valley Meat Company out of Roswell, NM posted a video on youtube of him bringing out a horse and saying "To all you animal activists, !**# you" and proceeds to shoot the horse in the head

He has recieved several death threats and even other employees at the plant who had nothing to do with the video are getting death threats

De Los Santos [the owner of Valley Meat Company] said the contract worker, Tim Sappington, shot the video on his own time and at his own home

According to a February 28 New York Times article, De Los Santos and his Valley Meat Company have sued the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) to open a fully operational horse slaughterhouse in Roswell. If the USDA approves Valley Meat Company's request – which has already invested in equipping the abattoir plant – it would become the first US horse slaughterhouse since 2007
www.nytimes.com...

So they are trying to become the first horsemeat for human consumption slaughterhouse in the US since 2007

www.kob.com...

A video posted on YouTube has sparked outrage among animal activists and left death threats against a Roswell meat company.

In the video, an employee at the Valley Meat Company out of Roswell, NM - which is working with the USDA to get a horse slaughter plant in the area - brings a horse out of its pen, swears at activists and then kills the horse with a single gunshot

I wont post the youtube video but here's the link if you want to stomach it
##link removed##

edit on Sat Mar 23 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: members my search the video for themselves, we do not allow linking to gore

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I'd like to hear from all the people who came on the thread I made about Taco Bell in Britain being caught using horse meat to say it was great stuff and we should all eat more of it. Well... the horses become meat somehow and it's bound to be an ugly thing with animals of that size. I worked for a short time after I turned 18 at a Hudson turkey kill plant and did not eat turkey for a long time after that. Not in protest...but there is something about seeing how it happens that takes some getting used to before eating it again.

So, for people who want horse meat... Whats wrong with what the guy did? For the rest of us .... This is part of why I personally don't care for the idea of breeding horses as a food animal. That's me though and just one of many reasons.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

This guy just shot his horse meat factory idea in the head as well. After this stunt nobody is going to license him to do anything.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Im an animal lover 3 dogs and a cat, and I just think of horses as pets so I didnt even watch the video

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I will not click on the youtube link.
I will not click on the youtube link.

Dammit OP !

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

I take it you clicked.. sry

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Of course I clicked, bloody hell.

I have zero will power.
*sigh*

"May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits."

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Honestly, I didn't either. I've seen horses put down for humane reasons. I don't need to see one put down for ..what? amusement? I'm not sure how you'd describe that.

Cattle aren't killed in much better ways..but like you, I see a difference between cattle and horses. A big one, actually. I know others don't and it may be a cultural thing for me but it's real enough so say they can just keep their horse meat. Not me. Not that....nope nope nope.

I'd sooner eat rabbit. Unthinkable.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Its the republican healthcare plan.

Looks like they made all the profit off that horse they could before killing it.. Mitt Romney would be proud.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I hope someone does come through with those death threats. The human race would be much better off without the genes from this scum bag.

I'm ashamed to walk this earth with slugs like this among us.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Well, he showed what happens without a slaughterhouse- people have to do this at home. And sometimes they miss, do not kill the animal right away, have to shoot several times while the horse suffers. Then they have to pay big bucks to have the body taken away, but many just end up having to dig a hole with a tractor and bury it on the spot- illegal in many states and also a health hazard.

Or else they just sell it to someone who buys them in masses, keeps them in crowded trucks withou water or food for days in hot sun, until they get to Mexico. The ones still alive once there get killed, but not especially quickly or painlessly.

How come animal activists cn understand the necessity to put down cats and dogs, but not horses? Especially since horses are so fragile, and if they break bones in their legs, for example, they cannot live. They will starve to death slowly. If you got rid of all the animal control centers in the US, do you know how many people would have to kill dogs and cats? and do it in the most inhumane ways!

What I am against with the slaughter houses, (and am disagreement with my equestrian friends and family in the US) is selling this meat to other countries for consumption. These animals have recieved chemical treatments, medications, hormones.... they sometimes have diseases and illnesses, that make them unfit for consumption. But since the meat is cheaper than those carefully raised for consumption purposes, it gets bought.

I do not understand how people who claim to love animals can sit by and not be bothered by what the close of slaughterhouses in the US did to so many horses! I cn only guess it is ignorance.

This guy at least did it quickly and correctly, but I hope it is understood that many of his kind are forced to do this, and don't do it so well. And it is the horse that suffers.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Terrible Human
Kills a Horse to make a point?
Makes no sense at all.

Disgusted.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
Well, he showed what happens without a slaughterhouse- people have to do this at home. And sometimes they miss, do not kill the animal right away, have to shoot several times while the horse suffers. Then they have to pay big bucks to have the body taken away, but many just end up having to dig a hole with a tractor and bury it on the spot- illegal in many states and also a health hazard.

Or else they just sell it to someone who buys them in masses, keeps them in crowded trucks withou water or food for days in hot sun, until they get to Mexico. The ones still alive once there get killed, but not especially quickly or painlessly.

How come animal activists cn understand the necessity to put down cats and dogs, but not horses? Especially since horses are so fragile, and if they break bones in their legs, for example, they cannot live. They will starve to death slowly. If you got rid of all the animal control centers in the US, do you know how many people would have to kill dogs and cats? and do it in the most inhumane ways!

What I am against with the slaughter houses, (and am disagreement with my equestrian friends and family in the US) is selling this meat to other countries for consumption. These animals have recieved chemical treatments, medications, hormones.... they sometimes have diseases and illnesses, that make them unfit for consumption. But since the meat is cheaper than those carefully raised for consumption purposes, it gets bought.

I do not understand how people who claim to love animals can sit by and not be bothered by what the close of slaughterhouses in the US did to so many horses! I cn only guess it is ignorance.

This guy at least did it quickly and correctly, but I hope it is understood that many of his kind are forced to do this, and don't do it so well. And it is the horse that suffers.

I think you might be mistaking animal activists with militant vegetarians. I could be described as an animal activist. I try my best to support organizations that better the lives of all animals not just cat and dogs. I'm not opposed to slaughterhouses because they are necessary. But I am strongly against the abuse that most animals go through on their way to the slaughterhouse.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I grew up around horses. Many were stupid, some were smart, some even had a sense of humour.

(much like the folks here at ATS)

That being said, I did not watch the video. I will ride horses, I will clean their stalls, make sure they are fed and warm, I will brush them and give them treats.

I will never eat one.

Just my humble take on it.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

I only clicked to see if OP posted the video.

Glad to see you didn't.

SnF
edit on 23-3-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I haven't clicked the video, but just from the title, the guy needs to rot in hell.

Horses are beautiful creatures and it's a crying shame to treat animal like that.

No words.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I grew up around horses. Many were stupid, some were smart, some even had a sense of humour.

(much like the folks here at ATS)

That being said, I did not watch the video. I will ride horses, I will clean their stalls, make sure they are fed and warm, I will brush them and give them treats.

I will never eat one.

Just my humble take on it.

Okay Beezzer, that pic makes up for anything the story the thread is based upon might show. That is the absolute cutest pic I've seen in a long time.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Mr Sappington killed this horse in a humane way.

Everyone who eats meat must realize that the flesh they are consuming was once a living animal that had to die somehow in order to end up on your plate. You either hope they were killed humanely, purchase meat with the knowledge it was killed humanely, kill the animal yourself, or you don't care. The choice is yours.

Voicing your severe disagreement with the opinions of others is a perfect example of the freedom of speech. Mr Sappington did that, and even taped himself doing it.

Except he voiced his severe disagreement through the form of taking a life. At this point it doesn't matter if he had any intentions whatsoever for the corpse of that horse. He made his point through killing. He took the life of an animal in his hands and snuffed it out with the intent to offend other human beings.

I won't profess to be saintly in my dealings with the living beings that journey through this reality with me, but you, Mr Sappington, use life as a tool for debate.

You disgust me.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
"A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel. "

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by danj3ris

It's not nice to kill without a reason. He didn't have a viable reason. He did it out of spite.

I have horses at home and they are lovely animals. They have a brain, a heart and if your religious a soul. They even have feelings. Strange that the guy doesn't feel any empathy for the horse he shot in cold blood. Do u think he'd feel empathy for people?

Maybe later we will see a youtube video of him being shot in the head. Hopefully!

We are all animals. Horses are limited by their bodies for how they move and communicate but they are not dumb animals. Some people are dumber than horses.

This guy is just cruel! Plain and simple.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join