It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis already showing signs of fulfilling the Jesuit mission

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

The two witnesses, that is a good question, it says the whole world will see them.... TV?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
What's wrong pope Francis to end 1054 schism? The patriarchs are real descendants of the apostles with apostolic successions and all sacraments.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2012newstart
What's wrong pope Francis to end 1054 schism? The patriarchs are real descendants of the apostles with apostolic successions and all sacraments.

Do you really think the pope will care a fig about the "apostolic succession" of the Eastern Orthodox churches once he has them back under his control?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

If he wants to end the schism then he should just do as Benedict did. Benedict ALREADY healed the church and reunited the east and the west. Our new guy may just set us back and get all the separatists to turn their back again as well as drive the east back to their original standing with the church.

Traditional values, ceremony, and belief. That is what will be expected if he is serious (which he is not) All revisionist agendas will not be tolerated by them.

This is all spin. Our pope has NO intention of returning to traditional values. This means he either will try to convince the traditionalists to embrace the new age modernist agenda or is not really going to care much what they do like all before him have not.

edit on 23-3-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   

03/22/2013

Today at 11:00 AM, in the Regia Hall of the Apostolic Palace, Bergoglio received in audience the members of the diplomatic corps assigned to the Holy See, on the occasion of the beginning of his Petrine ministry.

One of the titles of the Bishop of Rome is Pontiff, that is, a builder of bridges with God and between people."

Hence it is important to intensify dialogue among the various religions; I am thinking particularly of dialogue with Islam. At the Mass marking the beginning of my ministry, I greatly appreciated the presence of so many civil and religious leaders from the Islamic world.”

source
edit on 23/3/13 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

Argh. From the original article you posted:

and the “reformed” Churches (Anglicans, Lutherans, Methodists, Baptists and Pentecostals) were particularly well represented.

Anglicans, Lutherans and Methodists aren't "reformed" churches, and most Pentecostals aren't, either. I suppose it's too much to expect a Catholic reporter to know the difference, but geez... that's a pretty basic error.

Benedict made some efforts towards ecumenicalism (the term for relations between different religions,) but he also ticked off quite a few people, including myself, with some of his statements regarding non-Catholic faiths. Over the years, though, a few points of commonality have emerged (I even found a semi-positive statement from the Southern Baptist Convention a while back!) though there is pretty much zero chance of reconciliation, because the divide is way too deep.

Apart from something supernatural, that is.

I'm not an "end times" kind of person, but if Francis (or anyone) was able to bridge those gaps and reunite the Christian Church, I'd say that would be a pretty clear sign that the end is nigh.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

Do you have a personal crusade against this pope or... are you against him just because hes a jesuit? Or... you're just against him for the sake of being against him? OR... since he's a jesuit you're actually afraid that your old church is now forced to accept "change" as "inevitable" and well... you're afraid of the unknown...?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

no

to all that,

it is what it is. I know what I would like to see in a pope. I see everyone getting all red in the cheeks because he puts on a show and I just sigh to myself.

It is like hearing someone say, "Oh, Bush walks with Jesus, did you hear him talk about the footprints in the sand?"

it is so pitiful. Like saying that some corrupt politician is a "nice guy" because he does photo ops in soup kitchens or at a veterans hospital.

Should I go gaga over his little acts of humility? really?

edit on 23-3-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Jesuits have an oath to themselves and thats where people should realise that it doesn't matter what this pope does, it certainly isn't for your benefit. Nice to see he went and shared some play lunch with that Nazi Youth pope Benedict.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Pope urges all religions to unite for good

I firmly believe Francis will be the last pope. No pope has ever said anything as blatant as this before.

Ex Jesuit Priest Alberto Rivera. Jesuit church infiltration

You can see other Alberto Rivera videos on Youtube.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Here is a link to Alberto's story in comic form. It's easy to read.

ALBERTO

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPatRat

Alberto Rivera is a known fraud and con man (well, he was, he died a while back.) There has never been any proof of his story, and plenty of evidence of his dishonesty, from non-Catholic sources.

Educate yourself before passing out baseless propaganda.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

For those who don't want to just take your word for it, folks feel free to research any Alberto Rivera debunking and match it up with Is Alberto for Real?

Here is the link.

Is Alberto for Real?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPatRat

Oh, no one needs to take my word for it. The only people who "research" Alberto Rivera and his goofball promoter, Jack Chick, and don't come to the conclusion that it's a load of rubbish are anti-Catholics who would bow down to Satan himself if he was badmouthing that church.

The religious hoax of the century?
The true story of Alberto Rivera uncovered
is a good place to start.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Every one can make up their own mind. Your emotion is not necessary.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

This is all spin. Our pope has NO intention of returning to traditional values. This means he either will try to convince the traditionalists to embrace the new age modernist agenda or is not really going to care much what they do like all before him have not.

Bingo. Right on.

This papacy is not apt to embrace the traditionalists. Pope Francis will be a papacy of ecumenism, the Novus Ordo Mass, liturgical blasphemies, and a continued deterioration of the Church in Europe and the U.S. Mass attendance will continue to decline in the West, and more and more convents, seminaries, and Catholic schools will continue to be shut down in the West.

If the Pope had half a wit, he would realize that the only vibrancy right now is in the traditionalist pre-Vatican II congregations, convents, and seminaries. These are the old school Latin Rite Catholics that are ardent believers in the Church as it existed pre-Vatican II. These traditionalists are growing in numbers at a fast pace.

There is some growth of the Church, too, in Latin America, and some say Africa and limited parts of Asia. But the West is theologically dead from a Catholic perspective, and it can all be attributed to the same horrific New Age, Vatican II philosophy that Pope Francis emulates: inter-faith "dialogue" with anti-Christian faiths, the lowering of the moral authority of the papacy, the continued deterioration of the liturgy of the Mass, the cult of personality of the papacy and priesthood, the embrace of modernism, etc.

Catholics - especially young families - are particularly attracted to the old Latin Mass for its timelessness, its consistency, its structure, and its moral authority. The priest cannot innovate in a Latin Mass - He must follow the pattern of the liturgy like a well orchestrated musical or theatrical production. The old Latin Mass is focused on the worship of G-d, and not the cult of personality of the priesthood.

If I had to wager, I would bet that Pope Francis will go down in the history books as being a disastrous papacy for the faithful. I hope I am wrong, but he certainly doesn't seem to be reaching out to the ardent faithful traditionalists, and he appears to be more interested in charming the media right now. He's definitely a modern globalist, and that does not portend well for the future of the Church.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

Sobering.

I could sort of IMAGINE SOME justification for SOME reaching out toward other Christian denominations.

However, cultivating more fantasies about the RCC having something foundationally in common to share with Islam, Hinduism, Janism, etc. is too great a stretch for me.

What does he do with the Biblical: "What fellowship has light with darkness?"

All the more so with the RCC's now supportiveness toward the fallen angel ET critters . . . that Cris Putnam and Tom Horn's EXO-VATICANUS will evidently document even more thoroughly than before.

White washing or gilding horse biscuits doesn't change the internal structure or substance at all.

What's rotten to the core remains rotten to the core.

Thanks for your interesting post.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
An article I came across on this subject with some good links.Is Pope Francis Laying the Groundwork For a One World Religion?

New World as in the Americas.... yeah right, we know the occultists love of double meanings.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

You seem to be focussing a lot of attention on the comment about Alberto Rivera, fine we will disregard his story (I never trusted it much anyway), but what about all the many other charges against the Jesuits and RC agenda? Have you any answer to those?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cinrad

You seem to be focussing a lot of attention on the comment about Alberto Rivera, fine we will disregard his story (I never trusted it much anyway), but what about all the many other charges against the Jesuits and RC agenda? Have you any answer to those?

Such as?

I've never seen anything that wasn't either:
  1. Crazy
  2. Easily refutable
  3. Impossible to verify
  4. From utterly biased sources
If you have actual evidence of Jesuit ambitions to rule the world or run the Illuminati or whatever, feel free to post it.

But, please don't waste your time or mine by posting anything that falls into those four categories.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join