It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snow in summer: Dream/Vision?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I don't normally post my thoughts like this, but thought I'd post this and see if anyone else is getting the same thing. Lately I've been bugged by a vision/dream what ever. Of snow here in Central New York, in the summer. I'm not sure on when this is, but judging by the vehicles it doesn't look too far off and the time is July cause I hear myself say " Freaking snow in July."
I can see myself driving into work, passing a couple abandoned cars, road hasn't been plowed in awhile, just driving on snowpack.
Doesn't seem to be a lot of snow, probably about four to six inches but I get the impression of a snow storm coming in.
Anybody else picking up something like this? It just came out of the blue and it's bugging the (bleep) outta me, cause I see brief glimpses of it about every day for the last week.
Anyways, there it is whatever it is. Like I say, it keeps popping into my head and I'm just curious to see if anyone might know what to make of it. PS: Be nice now, it took me awhile to decide whether to post this or not

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
It could be a premonition of some kind of volcanic winter.
It has happened in your area in the not too distant past:
Year without a Summer

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
it does happen occasionally, i think it was in 1978 that we had snow in southern Ontario in June.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
This sounds like fun in the middle of summer. I wouldn't mind having
Snow here in South Texas. If this does happen,what we be the explanation
of our local meteorologist!
We all have dreams for a purpose,sometimes they are confusing,but
nontheless interesting!

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by RavenSpeaks

Volcanic ash instead of snow? They look similar in some cases. What about it OP. In your glimpses is it cold snow or snow like?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RavenSpeaks
It has happened in your area in the not too distant past:
Year without a Summer

Thanks for the reply. Volcanic winter? It could be possible I'm not ruling it out. Only I'm not seeing ash, just snow. Sometimes when I turn in I can recall what I seen, but if I push too hard it gets fuzzy. But near as I can tell, it's not local or national. A super volcano? (shrug)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by generik
it does happen occasionally, i think it was in 1978 that we had snow in southern Ontario in June.

I remember my grandmother before she passed away a long time ago telling me about a year where they didn't have a summer (never thought to ask what year) where they could let the cows out of the barn and that they could barely get enough hay in to feed them. Wasn't cold enough for snow, but cold enough to mess with the crops for canning, ect.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
we're only about 5 degrees under normal in connecticut. the last few storms that produced snow were over-night storms where the temps were low

we had some storms in january that were rain because they came in the afternoon

I fear you will be hot as ever in july

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by GraciaEspn
This sounds like fun in the middle of summer. I wouldn't mind having
Snow here in South Texas. If this does happen,what we be the explanation
of our local meteorologist!
We all have dreams for a purpose,sometimes they are confusing,but
nontheless interesting!

Thanks for the reply. Like I said in an earlier reply to my post, I can sometimes recall what I seen if I don't push it too hard when I do it gets fuzzy and doesn't make sense. From what I can tell the news casters seem shaken by it and they are wearing warm clothes even though they are in the station/studio?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Volcanic ash instead of snow? They look similar in some cases. What about it OP. In your glimpses is it cold snow or snow like?

Thanks for the reply. Is it ash? No, it's definitely snow.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Had 70+ degrees at noon yesterday, 12 inches of snow this morning ... plus 10-18 inches more by midnight... kinda wierd...

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Yeah, I know what you mean. Not sure what to make of what I seen, but had to post it. Winters funny around here, before when I was a little ankle biter I remember when we used to actually get snow here in Central NY, I mean it was measured in feet not inches, now the last few winters depending where you are, you get a few inches, it melts off, get a little more snow. Last winter we didn't get any snow. Year before that we had a little over three feet this time of year. After to cold of this winter, a nice warm summer sounds real good.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

Yeah, that's the weird part about the weather lately.
Second.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Up where I live in the mountains of Idaho it has snowed every month of the year. The last snow of the season is usually in June and the first in September. I am talking about snow falling on the valley floor where I live, not up on the peaks, up there it snows all year long. My elevation is 6000 MSL and the peaks around me are in the 9-12,000 MSL range. Some years it runs early, some late, some years it's alot of snow, some, not so much.

What I have noticed is that over the years cutting firewood, something changed in the tree rings pretty dramatically sometime roughly around 1975. By counting back the tree rings that's the "field average" I noticed. It was an abrupt big change in their width that has lasted to this day.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Idahomie

By counting back the tree rings that's the "field average" I noticed. It was an abrupt big change in their width that has lasted to this day.

Ok, you've got my interest peaked. Were they narrow or wide? If I remember right, wide would be a wet growing season, narrow the opposite.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

Sorry, thought I mentioned they were significantly smaller/narrower.

I've lived out west my whole life. I was around 15 years old when these changes happened. I do remember more snow as a kid, but realistically the patterns I have seen with my eyes dont match what I see in the rings. Its like all trees have a parasitic ring around a healthy core. Any other Northern Rockies woodcutters want to chime in?

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Idahomie

No prob. Yeah, I gotta agree with you on the weather patterns. My parents have pictures from when I was little of huge snow drifts that almost cover peoples homes, snow banks well over the tops of cars. And now the snow we get is laughable from when I was younger. Though on the flip side in my area we never used to get tornado warnings, now in the summer we usually get four or five.

new topics

top topics

join