It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USSTRATCOM Joint Electronic Warfare Center at Lackland AFB

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Electromagnetic Opposing Force

This is an interesting contract. If I read it correctly, they are setting up targets to then practice spying on with signals intelligence (SIGINT) and interrupting such signals. The electromagnetic spectrum of interest is civilian, i.e. cell phones, wifi, etc.

3. The 55th Contracting Squadron at Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska, seeks to identify potential sources to provide Electromagnetic Spectrum (EMS) expertise and Electromagnetic Spectrum Opposing Force (EM OPFOR) engineering services to the USSTRATCOM Joint Electronic Warfare Center (JEWC) EM OPFOR mission located at Lackland AFB, TX. The mission of the EM OPFOR is to replicate a coherent, realistic EM environment (EME) capable of mirroring adversary and civilian infrastructure in order to train and enhance EM capabilities, processes, and TTP proficiency across the Department of Defense (DOD) and USG, and produce comprehensive after-action reports (AAR) from the findings of these activities/assessments. United States (US) forces must train in a realistic environment as mandated by the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs CJCSI 3500-series joint instructions. The EM OPFOR allows US forces to do that by providing an EME that is representative of what the warfighter will see when deployed (i.e. congested and contested EMS). The EM OPFOR is the dynamic and technically advanced adversary in exercise scenarios (i.e. the “bad guys”). The EM OPFOR deploys to austere locations (training ranges, test facilities, etc.) and creates realistic EME where before there was nothing; thus allowing full spectrum, joint, live-virtual-constructive EM activities to take place. The EM OPFOR deploys and operates current/emergent wireless communications and network technologies to include but not limited to VHF/UHF radios, satellite communications, cellular communications (e.g. GSM, CDMA, EVDO, HSDPA, etc.), wireless communications and devices (e.g. WiFi, WiMAX, cameras, survey tools). They design, implement and operate adversary command, control, communications and computer (C4) architectures in support of customer requirements. EM OPFOR also operates Electronic Warfare Support (ES)/Electronic Attack (EA)/Radio Frequency Direction Finding (RFDF) equipment in order to prosecute US forces and assess potential US vulnerabilities. Moreover, the EM OPFOR is involved in most aspects of the joint exercise life cycle (JELC) specifically: exercise scenario development, scripting, execution oversight, scenario injects and debrief.

Not that you have to worry about these tools being used on the general public. Nothing to see here, citizen! Move along..move along.

new topics

join