whats with the weird weather?... have you noticed...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Coldest month in Holland in over 25 years.

Right now it's 0 celcius, but when outside it feels like -8 or -10.
The wind is really cold. The cold feels just differently then normal. It's like there is allot of moisture in the air, which when it's hot feels more hot and when it's cold more cold then from what I remember.
Also the sun/the light looks different from what I remember at least.

4 weeks ago it was for a few days +16 celcius, just suddenly in 2 days it went from -5 to +16!

Again from what I remember the last 10 years you see this change in temperatures much more, so 15 to 20 degrees difference in a few days!

I wonder if this trend will continue and increases, where we will see like 20 to 25 degrees of difference in just a couple of days.
edit on 23-3-2013 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Plugin

Ha same can be said for Belgium, something really odd is happening with the weather.

Its like I always tell me friends, its like autumn and spring have disappeared, its either really cold or really hot.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
ocean currents control the jet stream. polar ice melt effects currents by changing the salinity. one fear of global warming is an ice age for london

invest in good boots and a new furnace or boiler

Not just London. This Winter shall be remembered, not for its cold, for but its extent. Apart from the usual Nordic countries bringing this cold, I've seen letters from Belgium today when people are getting sick of this continual cold. But you do not expect people lving in Pakistan and India to die from the cold, some 400+, Calcutta having its coldest day ever at 44°F. And you don't expect New Mexico to have minimum temperatures of -30°F when every major city in that State having night-time temps for a week in minus figures, e.g. Sante Fe - 10°F. Nor do you expect snow in Thailand or Saudi Arabia. Japan has had a helluva time with snow and cold. In Arizona, a major golf tournament was postponed on account of snow. Canada some months back recorded its coldest temperature for 40 years and Russia its coldest November for 80 years.
As for the jet stream, I have seen diagrams showing it much further south than usual. I would assume that the polar ice melt, as mentioned, is the cause of this.
It's a Dalton or Maunder Minimum or the real thing. Weatheraction.com is the best site for accurate forecasts and is run by Piers Corbyn, an astrophysicist, basing his predictions on the Sun.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
It's a bad year for Easter to take place in March.
There's 4 feet of snow out there.
Puts a bit of a damper on Easter egg hunts....

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

You're kidding right? If anything hiding the eggs in all that snow would make the hunt far more exciting!! lol

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Could it be anything to do with the sky trails ? Forget chemtrail vs contrails, it's not about that, because either way our skies are filled with trails virtually everyday. It 'must' have an impact on natural weather patterns in one way or another. We rarely see a clear blue sky anymore because of them.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Another thought I have had, what about wind turbines? Those eyesores have been popping up all over the coasts of Britain and the world, all that swirling air must/might be having some sort of impact?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by snowspirit

You're kidding right? If anything hiding the eggs in all that snow would make the hunt far more exciting!! lol

Yeah, I guess put anything chocolate in water proof containers so it doesn't look like the Easter bunny pooped all over the yard, and gps trackers on the little ones so you know where they are in the snow

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
i got to say

if i hear the term "jet stream" as an excuse for the "shift" that "could" be happening... im gonna tear my hair out

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by thePharaoh
literally on the last day of the comet , the pope was chosen

On the last day? The pope was chosen on March 13, I photographed the comet on march 18.

ok

i guess it was the first day! lol

whatever... just saying the comet coincided with the pope

not important, but worth a thought

peace

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Another thought I have had, what about wind turbines? Those eyesores have been popping up all over the coasts of Britain and the world, all that swirling air must/might be having some sort of impact?

what

they are big fans, causing britain to be colder!
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
im cryin.haaahahaaa

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Having the lovliest summer here in the southern Hemisphere, missed out last year. the farmers are struggling, water is getting tight . as the North warms so we head back to the wet windy days. Alas.
I sometimes think we tend to forget what a dynamic world we live in and only see but a moment in our short lifetimes. The impact is significant so we search for solutions, which we find. Adding to our knowledge and survival as a species.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I have a few things I would like to add to this excellent thread, S&F op....Im in the West Coast of Scotland, a photographer by trade and I have been keeping free range chickens for 5 years. These first few comments are factual... We are facing the coldest march in 50 years at the moment, I believe if the temperatures dont rise in the next week the figure will be 90 years. The snow is different and a bead like description is about right. We here in Ayrshire have had the weatest Autumn Ive ever known with 12 inches of rain at times forming large puddles in my garden.

Imagine the seasons have changed by 3 to 4 months and then take a look at the weather you are having just now... March weather is November weather, November weather was September weather with mild temperatures and rain.

The wildlife are behaving appropriately to my theory... My chickens output has fallen by 60% between the months of November and March from 2008 up till 2011.....This winter my chickens have continued full output of an egg a day for every bird right up till the week beginning 4th March !....They think its winter now..and our usual winter period was autumn.

From a professional point of view, the white balance of the sun is wrong, it is a cold white, a winter white, but should be starting to show a warm white now....its not.

Things are changing, we can imagine many things as strange and they are not....wildlife habits dont bother with " I think", their behaviour tells its own story..

Respects.

edit on 23-3-2013 by captiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

thanks for that...the chickens are right to think its winter
its arctic out there.. but dont worry its only summer snow lol

though... i have tried to avoid discussing the sun and magnetic poles...your comment made me wonder about the current quiet solar maximum

another note: whats with all the sink holes?... that earlier bedroom one...cmon, thats a horror movie..
edit on 23-3-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

The light is one of my tools, the white balance the link to a worthy photograph, so both as you can imagine are important to me. I have spoken to other "Togs" in my area and all are saying the same.

Regarding the sink holes, I have no real output to add to these strange occurances, although like you, I get a bit Peed off at all the "Its always been like this" comments, Im not stupid and even if I was, stupidity dosnt come into animal behaviour.

The light and not the temperature, triggers the output of eggs from a chicken...with that in mind the light is wrong for this time of the year....The chickens DNA is saying to them...its winter have a rest because the chicks wont find enough food.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Why not? They must be causing some sort of turbulence, changing the air pattern or something.

Either way they are a bloody eyesore!

Try living in one of the most beautiful parts of the world and then see them monstrosities pop up everywhere!

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

according to nasa the meteor was equivalent to a 300 kiloton nuke. all that energy and heat spread over the atmospheric trail makes me wonder as to the effect it had on the serene cold morning sky.
still, it's something i cannot rule out as i am sure it caused some kind of disturbance that perhaps modified the normal weather pattern for that region. big butterfly effect maybe!
f(uk).

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Credenceskynyrd
strange how that "fear" has only emerged in the last few years as the weather has been bloody baltic- around 10 years ago it was quite normal for global warming adherents to be talking about the UK becoming a wine growing nation due to global warming, I remember such serious articles on the politically correct BBC...............................ahhh, we don't talk about that now, what we really meant to say is that the UK will get colder

Anyone who actually understood what "global warming" or "climate change" is back then knew that if the ice caps melted, it would affect the gulf stream and cause us to get colder, if not trigger a new ice age. I knew this at about 10-11 in the 1990's..Only rags like the Daily Fail and the Sun ever reported speculation that we'd become a palm tree infested paradise... I think you're being selective in your memory and just recalling nonsense headlines.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Why not? They must be causing some sort of turbulence, changing the air pattern or something.

Either way they are a bloody eyesore!

Try living in one of the most beautiful parts of the world and then see them monstrosities pop up everywhere!

lol i see them every day. none to the east though. plenty in the irish sea with bonus turbines soon to be constructed!
f(uk)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by fakedirt

I suppose you could ask, did all that nuke testing back in the 20th century have an effect?

The Russian Tsar bomb blew knickers off 200 miles away, did it have an effect on the weather? (serious question)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join