It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream Lucidity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

My first lucid dream, I was a child, and had no idea what it was. I'd never heard of lucid dreaming. I was only a 4th grader. I was dreaming that I was in class and we were all in the middle of a math test. I hated math so much that it would stress me out at test time, so I had some powerful emotions attached to it. At some point, I'm looking down at my test trying to figure out the answers when I suddenly realize......didn't I take this test already?

You see, I had this dream on a Friday night. That day at school we did take the dreaded math test, an I was happy to get it over with. Yet that night I dreamt of being right back in my class, taking the test. That's what triggered my lucidity.

So I'm in class, asking myself, didn't we do this already? And as I tried to figure out what was happening, I managed to remember my day at school that day. Then the last thing I remembered was going to bed.... That's when I realized I was dreaming.

I decided to have fun with it, by tearing up the test in front of the teacher I hated so much. But then she sent the entire school after me, like a pack of dogs. I tried to control the dream, but I couldn't. I kept trying to wake up, but I couldn't. I knew I was dreaming but I didn't know why I was aware and why I couldn't wake up. The whole scene ended up being a nightmare that I was trapped in. Scared the crap out of me. I spent the rest of the dream hiding in the bathroom, trying to wake myself up. Felt like I was in the dream for 3 days before I finally managed to wake myself. Funny thing was, in the dream world, time passes differently, and I actually thought I was sleeping away my entire weekend, and wondered why no one has woken me up yet. And when I finally did wake myself, it was only 5am the next morning. I was shocked.

It wasn't until high school that I stumbled on a book about lucid dreaming and could finally explain the experience that I had. If I were a little older when it happened, maybe I wouldn't have wasted the opportunity by hiding the whole time. It was the longest lucid experience I'd ever had.

Now days when I go lucid, the problem isn't trying to wake myself, it's trying to prevent myself from waking.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by FollowTheWhiteRabbit
. In truth, our mind is a diamond, merely reflecting all other diamonds that make up the conceivable universe.

In our dreams, we find these reflections. Memories, merely waves as the waves of the ocean. Through our subconscious, the doors of perception are opened, we find the truth.

Not only do you always post interesting posts that are calm and wise without condescension but you do so eloquently and clearly. Thank you.

We may use our lucid dreams to experience wonderful sensual pleasures, or we may use it for wisdom. Ultimately, dreams help us wake up, and lucid dreams make us aware of the waking dream we are in.

Again see above.
Always a pleasure to read your insightful posts, good to have you on ATS.
edit on 23-3-2013 by HumansEh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprimeIf you are truly lucid then you should be able to control yourself in the dream and stop yourself from waking up.. yourself. I have officially confused myself

Being lucid has nothing to do with control. It's a skill and an art you have to understand to properly use.

Originally posted by Under Water
I would love to know more about how to control lucidity better. How to bring it on more often, and how to stop my body from waking uncontrollably once lucidity is achieved. I've never used it in such a way as to find answers to the unknown, but I am intrigued.

See the thread in my signature. Most epic and insightful dream control guide on the net. Of course I'm just saying that because I wrote it, but 48k views can't be wrong.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

I was deeply moved by your comment. I have to ask though, are those your words?

If so, i have to say you have a very special talent with writing/words.

I rarely come across someone who can move me with their words like that.

Elegant and insightful sir.

I will be reading more of your work right away.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

I'm really loving reading your insight's into this. Strangely enough the reason i clicked on this is because i went Lucid last night. And it has not left my mind all day. Can you give us some resources or advice on how to start learning, practicing / sharpening these skills?

Again, i have to complement you on your wording.

Makes me wish i knew you personally. You seem to be a very interesting individual. And I'd love to sit and talk with you!

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras
I go lucid more often than not and like an earlier poster I then have to battle to stay in the dream, the other interesting thing I seem to have are a number of scenario's that repeat on a regular basis and as I record the more
interesting dreams in a journal I know this to be true.
There are 4 or 5 regular dreams that seem to be a few weeks or more apart, my question is. Is it possible we visit other dimensions when we sleep, and before all the naysayers start slamming me. This could be why I have regular re-occurrences often with the same people that I dont know in this life.
I am just asking the question, I am sure no one has a definitive answer to.

I absolutely think we do.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Lucid dreaming is perhaps one of the most astounding metaphysical topics in the world. The ability to enter the dream world, aware, and than control the dream is an astonishing fact that is able to bring you new insights about yourself and about reality.

I've had one lucid dream before, where I realized I was dreaming, and in one second, I started flying. It was an experience I'll never forget.

Though, lucid dreaming is not to be toyed with. The mind is the most powerful tool you have. As such, tampering with the dream world could have detrimental effects. Doing something in there that makes you go insane, losing touch with reality...

It's happened before, with people having false awakenings: where they wake up in bed, do their usual stuff in the morning like getting a shower or eating breakfast and realizing they're still dreaming.

It's a very powerful tool...

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

I'm not sure what the difference between lucid dreaming and astral travel is. Maybe with the astral you can do it awake? Dream I had many years ago ill never forget and until recently haven't dreamt much.... I was on another planet (not a need to escape life as it felt as real as it gets).

I was sitting on a rock jetty (short one) at the end of a beach. The water was beautiful and sand white and sparkly. The peace i felt was indescribabale. I felt special...as if i was taken to this place. It was a different world, similar to earth but lower atmosphere, a quiet that relaxes the soul, and an energy of peace. I was alone. I looked and saw earth in the distance and it was clear and distinct. I longed to be home and wondered how this could be possible but felt no fear. With that thought sitting for just a few moments I was back on earth. I didn't wake immediately but when I did I remembered it. I had wished i had been able to stay - had been able to prolong this experience but havent gone back since. Two years later that movie contact came out and I was convinced others had experienced the same dream (or at least had tapped into this place that was otherworldly). While not identical (did not see another person and wasn't standing on beach but rather sitting on rocks looking onto beach and sea it was the same place; and not Pensacola Florida....another planet in my dream)

Another lucid type of dream but also astral projection (maybe) was my playing in the waves at an unfamiliar spot. Not long after this dream I saw this beach...identical...and it was in Israel. I've never been to Israel so it was surreal.

In both dreams there was a deeper knowledge I was dreaming but not a total awareness. Had I been fully aware I would have hung out longer in both places. Wish I could experience these again and be more in control of the lucid part.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ReAwakened

Practice mneumonic techniques. Make it a habit of looking at your hand or fingers, pinching your nose and trying to breathe out of it, and flipping lightswitches. There are also various induction techniques like WILD that are especially helpful.

Natural medicines are key too. Ginkgo biloba improves dream recalling (memory), HTP-5 also helps in lucid dreaming. Valerian root and African dream herb may also help. Also, take melatonin and get a normal night's sleep of 8 hours (unless you use WILD or other techniques). Sleep without any electronics on around you, especially TV and monitors, as the blue glow has been shown to inhibit melatonin levels. Try to only watch TV or use a computer a maximum of 5 hours a day.

Lastly, keeping a dream journal is extremely important. Not only will it help you keep track of your progress, but dreams often have reoccuring things in them (sights, sounds, symbols, people, places, animals) that you'll learn to look out for in following dreams.

I hope that helps. If all else fails, Google topics about lucid dreaming and learn more.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Lucid dreaming can become quite a habit and a sort of addiction. I am a healer, and have been for a few years now, and I have become a very lucid dreamer. I feel like I am conscious about 23 hours a day now. I simply change realities when I go to my dreamstate.

In my dreams, I heal people, and I heal places. I battle demons and spirits and I overcome and transcend the situations I find myself in using mind and spirit as the method. I no longer see my dreams as simply imagination and subconscious imagery, they are real and substantial, and I feel it is making a difference somehow to be proactive in my dreams.

I don't feel any less energy for my night time antics, instead I am empowered in my daytime life also. I now do a hundred pushups a day and focus my positive intent into every act and nuance of my life now and it shows in how I am perceived and interacted with in a huge way. Life has made a dramatic shift towards the positive for me and I can hardly wait to see what the next day will bring.

This will happen for you if that is your intent. Set your intent as you fall off to sleep. As white rabbit said kep a dream journal to help you remember your time in the dream state. More and more details will come back with you, and soon you will find yourself there.

For me it happened suddenly, one day I was attempting it, and the next day I had the most disturbing and realistic dream in which I was exploring the confines of my dream world and was very confused as to which one is my reality. Now I think they both are. Now I live in both worlds and I am no longer just floating down the river but navigating it as I go.

Now I can't wait to get there because in my dreams I am empowered and spiritual and I fight for the greater good, and it is a really cool thing to experience in my book

It remains interesting...
edit on 23-3-2013 by Coopdog because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2013 by Coopdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I did it!

I meditated on the idea of having a letter on my left hand before bed. I had insomnia bad last night, but sometime between 4:00 and 5:00 I finally fell asleep. I was in a house or barn of some kind with my husband. Then I started to hear someone calling my name. In the distance was a woman. I approached her to see what she wanted. She handed me a plastic bag. When I looked at it to see what it was, I saw my hand and immediately realized I was dreaming. (I had been meditating all night through my insomnia so I knew exactly what I wanted to do if it worked.) I ran outside and jumped in the air to fly. It was a little awkward, but I got up there. Then I started going real fast, I couldn't control it, but I said, that's ok.... I'm dreaming, ill just pass through objects like a ghost. And I did. I passed through trees and buildings. I was upside down for part of the ride too, lol! It was fun. Thank you so much everyone. I can't believe how fast the hand technique worked. And I never even wrote the letter on my hand, I just imagined doing it.
edit on 24-3-2013 by Under Water because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

That's terrific, UnderWater. Flying seems to be the thing people most want to do, or rather, defying gravity, when they realize theyre dreaming. For me, it's not flying, but floating. I experience the same control issues with it,as well. I've found that a member here named YouAreDreaming has some threads devoted to this topic which are excellent, and he has a commitment to this practice which will, in my opinion, bear fruit as knowledge for us touse. I worry that he's not posted in a long while, however. Here are some links:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
you-are-dreaming.blogspot.com...
Robert Bruce wrote a hefty tome called Astral Dynamics, it is useful and memorable. Though described as being about Out-of-body Experiences, & the ilk, I consider the awareness topics (specifically the creepy Awareness Hands!) to be useful in dream work. Awareness hands are when you use your astral hands to massage one's legs & real, physical arms. You imagine the 'real' projections of your forearms, so now you have 4 forearms, only you keep your 'real' ones out of this effort. With your astral hands, you give youraelf massage strokes, apparently it is very effective as a technique for controlling one's 'body' in the astral realm.
www.amazon.com...
Please forgive if TnC disallows linking to such a site.
edit on 24-3-2013 by kkrattiger because: added the book info

top topics

<< 1   >>

join