It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need help finding a game I used to play

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Hello,

I hope someone can help me with this. I'm looking for a video game I used to play, not sure how long ago but maybe 8 years? Could be less.

Things I remember about it:

-Simple graphics, blue sky, dirt hills. The action happened only on that screen, you couldn't move around.
-You controlled a group of characters (people?) that you could barely see, they were really small.
-You could choose the weather, snow, rain, etc.
-You could dig holes or tunnels on the hills or mountains but if it rained the hole flooded or filled with snow.
-The little people could drown or die.

Things I'm not sure about:

-I think there were some sort of animals trapped in holes in the mountains? Like rats or something.
-Objects in holes in the mountain, not sure if it was gold or explosives or other things.
-The rain or snow accumulating more and more until your characters had to dig through snow or drown and you'd lose the level.

It looked a bit like the game Miner Brigade:

I'm currently looking through some Lemmings screen shots to see if it could be one of those.

If anyone knows anything that could help, I'd really appreciate it

edit on 22-3-2013 by Casandra because: Added picture

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Casandra

what system?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

The one I thought of was Lemmings, but you are already looking into that. Let us know...

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

PC. Not sure about the year, but between 5 to 10 years, maybe. I can't even remember which Windows I was running

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
LOL.... Almost looks like Dig Dug.. A game I used to play at the arcades back in the 70's
edit on 22-3-2013 by TriForce because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

It's gotta be lemmings surely, try this for a bit and see if you recognise it. It's the old ms-dos lemmings Lemmings Online

If not, I haven't a clue!
edit on 22/3/2013 by constant_thought because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
This totally reminds me of Lemmings like someone else mentioned. I played it on my Amiga a long time ago, eons. That was a great game, If you like that you're gonna love Worms.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
It HAS to be one of the Lemmings games, I mean, these cover looks like what I describe:

The characters move the way I remember too. I guess I'll have to look into all the PC versions and find my game.
That warning is quite fitting to my situation, too. Loss of sanity and sleep, I wonder what that's like

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Could it have been populous?en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Sounds like one of the "Worms" games.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
It's not Populous or Worms, unfortunately.

I'm almost convinced it's Lemmings because of the movement of the little ones:

I found another video that shows all 30 levels of the 1991 version, hopefully I find my snow and rain levels there.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

It would have to be Lemmings then, unless it's a carbon copy of Lemmings.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
It's not "worms" is it?

en.wikipedia.org...(1995_video_game)

Or even "Dig Dug"?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Another simple old classic. Are video games really becoming better or are the graphics just getting more detailed?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

(WARNING: Long "back in my days" post ahead
)

I love older games, even if they were simple. Sometimes it's hard for people to understand that graphics don't make the game. My favorite ones ever are Prehistorik 2:

Tyrian

It had an amazing soundtrack too:

Alley Cat

Arcade volleyball

And the one that I played on and off and finally beat after 15 years...

When I finally captured her (always ran out of time when I was little) the feeling of accomplishment was enormous

Let's not forget the Oregon Trail!

Man, the first time I played it and was almost there, one of my mates died. I was so heartbroken I didn't even want to finish

Some of these games were made before I was born. I still play them today with the same enthusiasm I felt when I was 3 or 4.

*sigh*

--End of nostalgia ridden post--

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

I hear you i miss the simplicity of games of that genre.
Now its all about graphics and making the most realistic graphics possible. To run these games you need to use DosBox that simulates Dos.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Ahem... *Cough*

I know I'm resurrecting an old thread and that's frowned upon BUT... I have new info on it (if it can be called "new").

I found the game. It was one of the Clonk series. I was looking for another game that I've also forgotten the name of (Yeah, I forget games often
) and found a list of suggestions for Terraria-like games (the only way I could think of describing it) and lo and behold the Clonk game was in it.

When I read the name I had a flashback and was almost certain this was it. As soon as I saw the pics, I knew for sure:

Clonk Classics

The little people, the hills and sky, the gold, the animals in holes, the rain and flooding, etc.

So, I thought I'd post here in case someone else has the same problem. (Hey, it could happen
)

Once again, sorry for the necro-ing and have a good day.

edit on 26-8-2013 by Casandra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

lemmings?
lost vikings?

top topics

join