It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tires, battery stolen from SUV after fatal crash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Okay, it's a terrible society when the tires and battery can be stolen off an SUV involved in a fatal crash. After all you'd think a little respect would be in order. Eh?

This photo I found around the net is to give a reminder of what we're talking about in removing the wheels. This is no small thing like stealing a few CD's from the interior.

Given that, it's time to mention why I'm sharing this here today and what makes this something beyond simply bad. It's atrocious. This is a story of just how low people can go these days to rip someone else off. I mean, no limits ... No decency at all.

CARLSBAD, N.M. (AP) - New Mexico police investigating a fatal traffic crash found that somebody stole wheels, tires and the battery from a wrecked SUV as it lay on top of the victim.

Carlsbad police say 26-year-old Steven Roy Reese of Carlsbad was killed either Tuesday night or Wednesday morning when he apparently lost control of his 1996 Ford Explorer on a little-used dirt road.
Source

(gives evil eye out toward audience) Okay, who's gonna defend this one? Hmm?

Seriously...... This really is a whole new level of cold blooded. There really isn't much that surprises me anymore when talking about how bad things are for what people do. This one struck me as particularly heartless though. Sounds like a rural area. I wonder if they knew each other, even by passing? Some people....

edit on 22-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Thats gotta be a "file photo" because that SUV does not look like it was involved in any accident, much less a fatal accident.

Oops.. my bad.. I didnt read your entire post.. sorry

edit on 22-3-2013 by TriForce because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TriForce

As noted, I found it floating around the net ..... There wouldn't be a picture of the one investigated that this story was based on. After all, it was ON someone as they stole everything from it.

I just wanted to add a graphic to note ...it's work, and some time involved......all the while, the victim is under the vehicle they are all over to strip things off.
edit on 22-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yea I saw that after reading further.. I tend to jump the gun sometimes.
Also, I read the story earlier today. I wonder if the guy was still alive when these people were taking his stuff?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
also, i'm bothered by the fact that, in any given fatal accident scenario these days, it seems that far more witnesses/passers-by will reach for their phones in order to film the proceedings, rather than call for assistance. ghoulish voyeurism has reached new lows. it's not a good sign.
edit on 22/3/13 by RoScoLaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
also, i'm bothered by the fact that, in any given fatal accident scenario these days, it seems that far more witnesses/passers-by will reach for their phones in order to film the proceedings, rather than call for assistance. ghoulish voyeurism has reached new lows. it's not a good sign.
edit on 22/3/13 by RoScoLaz because: (no reason given)

Its was bad enough when all we had were the 'rubber-neckers' who would destroy traffic so that they could slow down in hopes of seeing some gore....its so much worse now.

And really, what ever happened to good Samaritans, that will HELP a person in need?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

indeed. all i know is, i would, and have, attempted to help when i have encoutered anyone in distress. how can one not? i don't get that 'walk on by' thing.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
reply to post by captaintyinknots

indeed. all i know is, i would, and have, attempted to help when i have encoutered anyone in distress. how can one not? i don't get that 'walk on by' thing.

Same here. There is ALWAYS something that can be done to help, even if it is just making a phone call, or talking to the victim to help them remain calm.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
so uhh, maybe after gettin' the tires and battery, they went for the catalic converter (you can recycle those) and that's when they first noticed the body of the dead man.

they then performed last rights, and said an extra prayer to the vestal virgin mary , as was their custom.

then, before they removed his wallet, the swedish bikini team happened by and invited the robbers to burnt scrotum, new mexico for beers and pizza. and, of course they agreed, forgeting to inform the authorities of the accident.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Even if, God forbid, someone is not going to make it, their passing would be easier if someone were there to talk to them or hold their hand just so they would not have to die alone.

As for the OP I only hope that whoever did the theft honestly did not know that someone was under the vehicle otherwise I would wish that they would forever be haunted by the evil that they committed until the day they die.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

Okay, I did ask for it by tempting someone to defend it.

Nice one.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I do feel like people are getting more desperate now-a-days... It's sad.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Those damned aliens!
They're stooping to a new low.
First, the mutilate our livestock and now this.
Is there no end?
Don't they have tires and batteries on their planet?
Hey, Walmart, think this out, new territories!

(I know many of you will think this is heartless and cruel. But as a UFO abductee that is scorned, ignored and laughed at by most of society, it is my attempt at humor on this whole business of being human--not that I claim full membership in that group.)

edit on 23-3-2013 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

top topics

join