It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis = St. Francis of Assisi aka Peter the Roman

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Pope Francis confirmed that his title comes from St. Francis de Assasi. (Giovanni di Pietro(peter) di Bernardone)
He is italian(roman). Assisi was born in the holy roman empire and was "italian".
He is last pope(a genuinely good human being) before the fake pope/antichrist becomes the "pope" with a false prophet/anti-Muhammad.

en.wikipedia.org...

"Pope Francis told thousands of journalists March 16 that he took to heart the words of his friend and chose to be called after St. Francis of Assisi, "the man of poverty, the man of peace, the man who loves and protects creation," the same created world "with which we don't have such a good relationship."

www.thebostonpilot.com...
www.reuters.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
nice info! thanks

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
and he's the anti christ, and he wants to take your guns

or is that the next president of the untited states ?

or is that the stting president of ther united states ?

wait, are they the same person ?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

So we do have "Peter The Roman"? Interesting indeed. Thank you.
I want to follow this thread.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

he is not the antichrist

no he his not roman, homosexual, declares himself a god(like roman emperors do).

what?
huh?

What are you talking about?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Saint Malachi Predicts the Election of Benedict XVI
www.catholicity.com...

This prophecy was attributed to St. Malachy It was allegedly discovered in the Vatican archives over 400 years after it was written. IMHO whoever wrote it claimed that it was written by a Saint so that it would be accepted as valid. St Bernard of Clairveux wrote a biography of St. Malachy, and stated he had the gift of prophecy, but never mentioned this Papal list.

The prophecies of Saint Malachi were first pronounced a forgery by Fr. Menestrier, S.J., in the seventeenth century. He claims the forgery was intended to influence the conclave that elected Gregory XVI. Later scholars, such as J. J. Delaney, Pocket Dictionary of the Saints (1983), note that the descriptions of the 16th century popes, around the time of the supposed forgery are exact, while their accuracy falls off quickly after 1590. The New Encyclopaedia Britannica (15th edition) pronounces the prophecies "a 16th-century forgery" pure and simple.

People are going to believe what they want. I have known about this list for over 20 years and will say some of the brief depictions given to the more recent popes seem to fit. As I look at linking Francis I to this I feel it is a stretch to claim that he fits the prophecy because:

#1 The saint he chose his Papal name from Francis of Assisi had a father was named Pietro/Peter. In the time of St Francis whose given name was Giovanni people were known by their parentage and not a last name. In this manner people were tagged: Giovanni son of Pietro, (Pietro) son of Bernardone. So it was actually St.Francis father who was Pietro and Pietro's father was Bernamrdone.

#2 He was born in Buenos Aires.

Our new Pope, Francis, was born on Dec. 17, 1936 in Buenos Aires, not Italy.
www.catholicnewsagency.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman
Pope Francis confirmed that his title comes from St. Francis de Assasi. (Giovanni di Pietro(peter) di Bernardone)
He is italian(roman). Assisi was born in the holy roman empire and was "italian".
He is last pope(a genuinely good human being) before the fake pope/antichrist becomes the "pope" with a false prophet/anti-Muhammad.

en.wikipedia.org...

"Pope Francis told thousands of journalists March 16 that he took to heart the words of his friend and chose to be called after St. Francis of Assisi, "the man of poverty, the man of peace, the man who loves and protects creation," the same created world "with which we don't have such a good relationship."

www.thebostonpilot.com...
www.reuters.com...

What time did the curtains open Vatican time? 7:06 on the dot.

What time is 6:66?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Any connection between St. Malachy's prophetic "Peter the Roman" and Pope Francis is a bit of a stretch.

Now if Cardinal Peter Turkson (or even Pietro Parolin) was elected as the new Pope, I would have freaked a little

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

Drugs are bad mmmmkay!!
edit on 22-3-2013 by Goldcurrent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Goldcurrent

I have never did illegal elicit drugs before.
I never smoked before and only drank 3-4 beers in my entire life(all 23 years ago).

What about you?
edit on 22-3-2013 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This is interesting, it checks out on Wikipedia. His friend might have suggested the name because his friend might have been helping to fulfill prophecy. Also on Wikipedia, it says he was known as "The Frenchman"

Here is a stanza of Nostradamus:

Not from Spain
but from Ancient France
one will be elected for the trembling ship,
to the enemy will make a promise, who in his reign will cause a terrible plague.

A lot of people will be surprised what this pope does in order to unify the good people in the world and prepare them for the anti-Christ.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Yes. He also chose the Silver ring of Peter, instead of the Gold rings.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

going by UTC en.wikipedia.org... the smoke appeared at 18:18 which is 6+6+6 : 6+6+6 on the 13.3.13 perhaps significant since there are 2 living popes (3 if you count the Jesuit black pope)

I dont know how long the smoke would take to travel up the chimney but it is possible the ballots were being thrown into the fire 2 minutes earlier at 616 pm UTC ? an alternative value for the Number of the Beast (more commonly accepted to be 666).

Terminator 3 rise of the machines

The attack began at 6:18 P.M. just as he said it would. Judgment Day.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
i would point to this link... as a pretty concise and accurate investigation as to the Malachi Pope Prophecy

www.raidersnewsupdate.com...

now the investagative report does not say what the prediction for the last Pope actually is...

but i feel the secret #3 from Fatima tells of the trials & tribulations of the final Church & Pope
right before the great-tribulation begins...(during the reign of this Pope Francis I...however long that will be,,,)

...Malachy described the last Pope as “Petrus Romanus,” or “Peter the Roman,” writing:
"In the final persecution of the Holy Roman Church there will reign Peter the Roman, who will feed his flock among many tribulations; after which the seven-hilled city will be destroyed and the dreadful Judge will judge the people.”
Read more at www.wnd.com...

Francis I, if indeed the final pope that sits in Peter's stead in Rome....
will be killed by a armed force of riflemen & archers on a 'Mountain' with a rough hewn Cross atop the mountain
(i suspect the Christ the Redeemer statue is the future site of the prophecy...a 'cross' on a mountain. in Rio no less)
edit on 23-3-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I was waiting for someone to tie this guy in with Peter the Roman. It is only a matter of time now...

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Especially funny since he's neither called Peter, nor has ever been, and is not Roman.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I will believe all this crap once one of these guys rips the skin off his face and gives us a big smile! Untill then, I'm am just not going to believe any Pope prophacies unless it involves young boys...

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

I find it amazing that a guy who says he is for the poor and speaks a couple of words to back his claim can have so many people so quickly convinced that he is a good and humble man while not having a clue about his true character. probably the same people who slam obama supporters for doing the same exact thing... the media says he is a humble man and everybody just believes that he is without even questioning a single thing.

this is what we do instead of asking WHY IN THE HELL in the name of "CREATION" are we creating a world where poor people exist.. instead of asking this very simple question we worship a POPE who tells everybody that we are also WORSHIPING (such as the princesses of the world) to help the poor? we believe this is being humble.

if we want to speak truly about creation we would ask why in the hell are there poor people in the world? why does the idea exist? and why are we not treating each other truly like brothers and sisters. sharing with each other in a way that would reflect us truly being one? truly being equal?? not helping the poor. not those who we believe are more helping those who we believe are less. but true equality? true oneness? why does this not exist?

why does the idea of poor people exist? let me tell you. for the exact same reason that there are people who we worship. both need each other. one could not exist without the other. it is called duality. it is called believing that there are some of us who are more and worshiping them accordingly (such as the pope) and believing that there are some of us who are less and treating them accordingly. so to think that it is humble for the person we are all worshiping to tell US to treat the people who are poor kindly is the truest form of insanity. cause we are creating both.

the pope needs for there to exist poor people in order for all of us fools to keep worshiping him (oh of course in god's name). without us believing there are people who are less also goes away the idea of there being people who are more. and guess what fools? that means the idea of the pope being more than anybody else goes away. he has no more power. same with the queen. our so called leaders. celebrities. all of this goes away. once we see the truth. in who we truly are and what all of these people have us believing about not only them but ourselves.

nobody who believes in any way that there are those of us who are more and others who are less.. can be a true leader. he only cares about his own power. sorry religious folks but this includes the pope. wake up.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman
reply to post by Goldcurrent

I have never did illegal elicit drugs before.
I never smoked before and only drank 3-4 beers in my entire life(all 23 years ago).

What about you?
edit on 22-3-2013 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

I wasn't alluding to you John_Rodger, I was addressing the High Priest and his barely coherent rant.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I see a lot of people making reference to the Pope's new name...Did he actually come out and say he was taking his name for St. Francis of Assisi?

If he did not, do not assume. He is a Jesuit. The Jesuit order was approved by Pope Paul III and founded in 1540 by St. Ignatius of Loyola, St. Francis Xavier and 4 others.

If he did not openly say he was taking his name from St. Francis of Assisi, I am more inclined he is taking his name from on of the founders of his order...the Jesuits.

BTW...I seriously doubt this is "Petrus Romanus"...

Doom off.
edit on 3/24/2013 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join