It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Visitation Dreams, getting messages from loved ones who've passed on.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Ok so you must have some interest in this topic then? That's why I asked what led you here. You're looking for proof? Have you also had these unexplainable experiences and you're unwilling to admit them, even in this community. If so, yours must be way more bizarre than mine. And I haven't even come close to revealing everything. I can understand the hesitation and fear of ridicule. After all, how do you go about proving any of it? I would gladly follow any suggestions. As far as I can tell, what we are discussing here is in the correct forum, is it not?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

Yes, they are real. My sister had an extremely vivid visit from my Dad. So real that she could hold his hand. She was semi-asleep at the time. She said it was the most lifelike dream she ever had.

A few years later, I got to talk to my Dad in a dream. It was great, he got a job ringing the bells in heaven. He didn't have to get a job, he wanted to. You'd have to have known the guy to believe it but he would be the one guy who would want to work in heaven.

I don't think these dreams were any kind of residue of any unexpressed feelings or any kind of closure. Although he did die suddenly, the last conversation I had with him happened to be about the once in a lifetime experiences we had over the previous few years. The very last words I said to him we're "I love you, goodbye".

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by B1rd1nFL1ghT
reply to post by jiggerj

Ok so you must have some interest in this topic then? That's why I asked what led you here. You're looking for proof? Have you also had these unexplainable experiences and you're unwilling to admit them, even in this community. If so, yours must be way more bizarre than mine. And I haven't even come close to revealing everything. I can understand the hesitation and fear of ridicule. After all, how do you go about proving any of it? I would gladly follow any suggestions. As far as I can tell, what we are discussing here is in the correct forum, is it not?

I'm not bashing you. My interest in these topics is to clear away the false claims (even if they aren't outright lies) so we can raise human awareness on the weird things that really happen in this world. What I ask of anyone is to look at the rational side of things before jumping to grandiose, metaphysical conclusions.

When some people dream weird stuff they automatically conclude that there's a message in those dreams from the great beyond. Messages that seem weird because these people think they're the only ones dreaming them. When, in fact, everyone has these dreams.

At least three hundred times in a single year I've dreamed of ice fishing on the Jovian moon, Ganymede. Is there a message there? Sure there is! The message is that I'd love to be the first to discover life under that ice on that moon! It's wishful thinking.

Many times I've dreamed of my mother watching me, and I've yelled at her that she can't do this because she's dead! Was she haunting me? Nah, it's just a dumb nightmare.

Tell you what, if someone visits you in a dream and tells you not to take the highway to work because there's going to be a multi-car pile-up. and when you wake up and call the police to warn them (so this prediction is recorded) and if the accident happens - THEN us skeptics will concede that spirits visit us in our dreams.

This isn't a challenge. It's just a logical way of thinking about it.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
My grandfather was also taken suddenly, along with my great-uncle, in a tragic accident. They were both honorable decent men. I was close with all of my family growing up, but my grand-dad was just one of my favorites. Days before the accident, we spoke over the phone and, for whatever reason, I felt compelled to say things to him that I wouldn't have a chance to say again. The morning of the accident, I was in the shower and a thought out of nowhere entered my brain... "What would I do if something ever happened to my grandparents?" Morbid, I know! I pushed it out of my mind and went to work. Later that day, my mother-in-law came to my work and explained I needed to come with her, that my family had just been killed in a car accident. My grandmother spent weeks in ICU, as well as my great-aunt. Fortunately, they have fully recovered. My great-uncle and grand-dad lost their lives that afternoon. My grand-dad still stops by every now and then to say hello while I'm dreaming. He's even shown me things I was previously unaware of during these dreams.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Yes, your skepticism is warranted and I too have questions. I don't buy into most of what I hear or read. All I can say is, when I have dreams of my grand-dad, it's usually for a reason.

The very first dream of him, in particular, was truly prophetic, in my opinion and the rest of my family's. In short, I saw him standing with a little blonde headed girl. He was holding her hand. I called out to him, but he didn't say anything. They walked past me silently and he handed me a pocket watch.

My first born is as blonde as blonde can be! Blonder than me! That pocket watch he handed over to me, I didn't even know existed. When I told my grandmother this dream, she went white as a ghost, saying something about a special military pocket watch she has in a safety deposit box that she's saving as an heirloom. And to top it all off, my husband and I were a little shocked to discover we really were having a baby!

What do you want for proof? I'd gladly give you any evidence you ask for to back up my claims.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by B1rd1nFL1ghT
reply to post by jiggerj

Yes, your skepticism is warranted and I too have questions. I don't buy into most of what I hear or read. All I can say is, when I have dreams of my grand-dad, it's usually for a reason.

The very first dream of him, in particular, was truly prophetic, in my opinion and the rest of my family's. In short, I saw him standing with a little blonde headed girl. He was holding her hand. I called out to him, but he didn't say anything. They walked past me silently and he handed me a pocket watch.

My first born is as blonde as blonde can be! Blonder than me! That pocket watch he handed over to me, I didn't even know existed. When I told my grandmother this dream, she went white as a ghost, saying something about a special military pocket watch she has in a safety deposit box that she's saving as an heirloom. And to top it all off, my husband and I were a little shocked to discover we really were having a baby!

What do you want for proof? I'd gladly give you any evidence you ask for to back up my claims.

When I hear you say that your dream was prophetic, I can only conclude that YOU have a great mind that can conjure up such ideas. I get my best ideas when I'm sleeping, but these ideas aren't given to me; they are already in my head.

Now, why is it so odd that your child would be blonde? Are there no blondes in your family? Why would your grandfather take the time slip into your dream and tell you your kid's gonna be blonde? What is so important about you knowing this ahead of time when you'd find out soon enough when the child is born?

You were shocked to find out you were having a baby. What was so important that you couldn't wait 9 months to find this out? Why did a dead relative need to tell you this? There's just no dire need for this information.

As for the pocket watch: Though this is interesting, I must point out that if you hadn't mentioned this dream to your grandmother, nothing would have come of it. If this was a prophetic dream, wouldn't it have been better for your grandfather to visit your grandmother in a dream and tell HER about the watch?

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

It's odd enough that I was born with blonde hair. No one else on either side of my family had blonde hair. Add to the fact, she's practically my identical replica (not just in appearance either). She did get my husband's green eyes, but that's about it. So yes, I would say it was somewhat surprising to everyone, including the hospital staff.

And we had no clue that I was pregnant. Whoops! Lol! I didn't have any symptoms and never even considered such a thing. It just wasn't something we'd been "planning on" at the time. The day after Christmas, I started feeling nauseated and began to reflect back on that dream. My husband demanded I take a pregnancy test, then we bought several more lol. The whole time I swore I was pregnant with a boy. I actually cried when told she was a girl. So no, I don't think I'm any kind of "prophet". That's completely ridiculous and maybe I need to choose my words more carefully. However, I do feel there must be some connection with dreams and beyond. Whatever that may be? I'm not basing my conclusion on this dream alone, but on so many.

Why he has not met my grandmother in dreams? That's a loaded question. Maybe he has and she will not acknowledge it due to her religious beliefs. Maybe he's tried and she's too closed off due to those beliefs. I know she's very connected to him in her own way. My mother doesn't have dreams about him either. Maybe you're right, I've just got one hell of an imagination with an odd way extracting information. I sure don't claim to have the answers to why or how.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join