It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two ATS Members Same Dream Same Night Odds Exceeds 1 in 1000

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I'm going to make this one short. Today, I came on ATS only to find someone who had the exact same dream I had last night. Like COMPLETLY identical and please don't respond it's because we are members of ATS because that has nothing to do with it. It's not very often I get dreams similar to this, and I certiantly don't overload my brain with doom to have those kind of dreams at night because frankly it doesn't bother me thus it shouldn't be a contributing factor towards my dream. Let alone having the same dream as somebody I don't even know who visits the same site as I do.

Don't ever think you're weird because you've had the same dream as someone else. About 1 in 1,000 people report the startling fact that they had a shared dream. The meaning of your dreams may differ from another person. There are so many types of dreams and the true meaning of dreams is highly

The phenomenon called “shared dreaming” is a startling experience, particularly if you've never experienced one before. One person begins to recount the sleep dream and the other excitedly interrupts the story. Identical dreaming most often occurs with spouses, siblings, close friends, parents, and children. These identical occurrences often happen the same night

What are the odds of it occuring with people who don't even know each other? Who's never even been in contact with one another? Yet, what are the odds that those two people just so happen to visit the same website almost as if it we were meant make a thread on it. Yes I understand this is a doom and gloom website and it often has the ability to affect ones dreams BUT I'm talking about the odds of it happening. Why couldn't he had have another type of Doom and gloom dream yet he associated with keywords that I resonated with because they are exactly what I saw in my dream.

Remember a day before 9/11 people had the same dreams of the attack and choose not to do anything about it because they didn't think it meant anything.

I'm hoping people might be able to chim in, people with experiences with the meaning of dreams. People who are willing to look into what it could possibly be.

This might not be something to be taken seriously but it's definitely something not to be taken lightly. Please no trolls, We know ATS is a factor in why people often have dreams of Doom and Gloom but since I already mentioned it please don't make as fool out of yourself by mentioning it again. Thank you.

Here is the thread;

Two ATS Members, Same Dream, Same Night
Source - Dream Meaning

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
i've looked at both dreams in that thread, and they are not actually completely identical but very similar, "strikingly similar" in your own words from that thread.

now obviously thats gonna surprise you, but given the reading matter that you both have, this will happen to ats readers every now and again. given the numbers of readers here - 1 in 1000 is fairly short odds taken over a long period of time.

still cool though

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

I read your dreams and while mine isn't exactly the same it was a strong one. It has not left my mind. II was standing at a distance, in a field (that part is the same) but seeing a high rise (seemed to be a building) with lots of lights but its off in the distance. Then there is a sudden, instant, short lived flash of light. It was so quick. it was not huge but right after that things became dark. I did not see the dark but rather knew it was now dark but did see the light. I have no clue what it means but it has stuck with me.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dianec

I read your dreams and while mine isn't exactly the same it was a strong one. It has not left my mind. II was standing at a distance, in a field (that part is the same) but seeing a high rise (seemed to be a building) with lots of lights but its off in the distance. Then there is a sudden, instant, short lived flash of light. It was so quick. it was not huge but right after that things became dark. I did not see the dark but rather knew it was now dark but did see the light. I have no clue what it means but it has stuck with me.

I forgot an important part - In the dream there was a moment where my stomach fell right out of the bottom (terrified). This part was actually the feeling part of the dream but it was short lived (extremely intense fear my whole body felt ). I was not afraid when I woke up. Just stunned. Can't believe I forgot to mention that. Thinking about it creeps me out actually, like strange feeling in my throat. Odd dreams a few times in march but I'm not one who remmebers dreams so just tripping me out.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Lets make a list, perhaps someone can better interpret when the commonality is define.

What's in common:
Field
Family
Man made structure cabin / store
Whip crack
Shockwave
Anticipation of Mass destruction
ATS Members

Not in common:
Mushroom cloud / solar flares
Cabin / Store
Location?

This is want I got so far. Add any that I missed.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Well if there are 2000 people on ats at once in a day, then 1 in 1000 is just about right isnt it.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Observationalist

Lets make a list, perhaps someone can better interpret when the commonality is define.

What's in common:
Field
Family
Man made structure cabin / store
Whip crack
Shockwave
Anticipation of Mass destruction
ATS Members

Not in common:
Mushroom cloud / solar flares
Cabin / Store
Location?

This is want I got so far. Add any that I missed.

Now I'm NOT 100% sure if I saw was the sun rising, because it very well could have been a mushroom cloud only I wasn't focused on that but rather than the shockwaves themselves around the sun/mushroom cloud whatever it was but it's possible that it could have been a mushroom cloud because what else would create those beautiful shockwaves around it...

I don't know, just it's eerie that's all I can say about it.

As for the odds - please tell me two people on ATS who has experienced a similar dream, on the same night, whom also don't even know each other. Like I said, the odds exceed well beyond 1 in 1000.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
To keep things in one place and explore the two dreams, please post your thoughts in the earlier thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

**Thread Closed.**

new topics

top topics

join