It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Punxsutawney Phil indicted

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Yes, folks....you read that correctly! Apparently someone has too much time on their hands....

I hope this dude didn't seriously waste taxpayer money over this little "prank."

Michael Gmoser, prosecuting attorney of Butler County, Ohio, seems to be both cold and bored. Hence the indictment he filed to sentence everyone's favorite weather-predicting rodent to death, according to the Washington Post:

On or about February 02, 2013, at Gobbler's Knob, Punxsutawney Phil did purposely, and with prior calculation and design, cause the people to believe that Spring would come early.

SPECIFICATION: The people further find and specify that due to the aggravating circumstances and misrepresentation to the people that the death penalty be implemented to the defendant, Punxsutawney Phil.

Does Punxsutawney Phil deserve to die?

edit on 22-3-2013 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
You mean I can not ask that Santa Claus be brought in on a whole range of criminal charges?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

Oh I'm there, I'd like to wring the lil' varmints neck too!

edit on 22-3-2013 by Im2keul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Has the ITCCS issued its usual arrest warrants, as well as eviction orders for Phil's hole in the ground?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Nooooo! Say it ain't so?!

I love that ball of fur! Sure he is wrong ALOT! But he is a cherished American tradition and icon!

This guy either has a very strange sense of humor or really has his panties in a bunch

Sure, Phil was way off this year, but it's not like I planned my spring break off his "forecast"

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Im2keul

Oh I'm there, I'd like to wring the lil' varmints neck too!
It appears his Canadian pal Wireton Willie threw him under the bus.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Since

Phil is an 8 year old groundhog and, therefore, can not be tried as an adult. So the worst that can happen to him is groundhog reform school. And I want to know where they will find tiny little handcuffs.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
You mean I can not ask that Santa Claus be brought in on a whole range of criminal charges?

Great point.... At least Phil isn't a fat old dude creeping around your house (and children) in the middle of the night.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I hope they throw the book at him (j/k)
It is cold in Texas

Where is Spring?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by F4guy

Since

Phil is an 8 year old groundhog and, therefore, can not be tried as an adult. So the worst that can happen to him is groundhog reform school. And I want to know where they will find tiny little handcuffs.

Considering they want to pursue the death penalty, I'd bet that means he's being tried as an adult...

So, anyone know the groundhog-to-human age conversion???

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by grumpydaysleeper
I hope they throw the book at him (j/k)
It is cold in Texas

Where is Spring?

No kidding...Im next door to you. It snowed last night.... WTF?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
At least he knows how to drive.

Run for it Punxy Phil!

Seriously though, they better not kill that groundhog out of boredom.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIAGypsy
It snowed last night.... WTF?

Wimps.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

That is the light point, breaking and entering, not to mention being a peeping tom, and possible pedophile, along with traveling without a valid passport, and current shot records, illegally transporting of non native wildlife around the world, littering and not having a pooper scoop for all of the reindeer, nor any liscences for handling of said wild life, and still failing to deliver on any promise given to the majority of the children around the world.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Hey, I was raised in the cold, wintery north....I know the Canadian national anthem better than the American.

I just so happen to live in the south now and enjoy my winters only being Jan-Feb and about 40 degrees outside. It's normally in the 70's every day by now.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I've talked to several people about this IRL in the last few days and something odd about this... The little informal and totally un-anything poll seemed to agree the seasons are starting and ending a bit later, over all. What would that mean if the were shifting slowly across the calendar? Winter did seem off to a late start and not for the first year in a row. Summer ran right into traditional fall. It has been a bit odd?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
As a native Pennsylvanian, and as I live about an hour away from Gobbler's Knob...I feel somewhat protective of the little fur ball. Phil, iconic rodent and tourist attraction is a "cottage industry" in Punxatawney PA. Now with Obama killing the coal mines in those hills around "the Knob" what WOULD happen to the local economy if Phil was convicted?

As ATS IS a "conspiracy site" I'll be the first to add that I see this "indictment" as psy ops by those "wannabe Official groundhogs" like Gen. Lee (from GA) and some really lame Ohio rodent (whose name I cannot remember) funded by the likes of AlGore and his Al Jazeeera buddies as part of some GloBull Worming scheme.

You read it here first.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Oh my God. You don't think this has anything to do with the failed apocalypse of 2012 do you? Did something happen and we just didn't realize it and now we are all going to slowly freeze to death?

Anyway, leave my little furry buddy alone even the weather men get it wrong...all the time.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
as it's the shadow that makes the prediction and not phil himself, it seems that it would be more appropriate to charge the sun and the clouds with a felony to commit a conspiracy.

as it turns out however, incarcerating the sun presents a major problem because of prison overcrowding, and the clouds are already up on a charge surrounding their involvement with chemtrailing activities so, as it seems, the groundhog is the only one left to charge this too.

the little guy always gets it in the end.

edit on 22-3-2013 by tinhattribunal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Gosh golly gee...

What a great way to spend taxpayer money.
Court costs, judges, defense lawyers, court clerks, etc etc.

Anyone still wondering why our countries are broke ?

[insert slap forehead here]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join