It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marine recall? New war coming soon? NK?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by larphillips

OP/All, This is an interesting find as he may have been in the Reserves or National Guard. However, due to annual training (two weeks) and drills that can last up to 4 days I doubt if that was the case as he would have said something to you prior. The only thing that makes sense is that he was in the IRR (Inactive Ready Reserve). Anyone who signs up for the military has an 8 year commitment. How those years are divided up is based on the job they do and the service member. So a normal service would be 4 active duty and 4 in the Reserves (active or IRR) or if in the NG or Reserves 4 active Reserves/NG and 4 IRR or any other varying combinations. The IRR is the subset that means once a year you show up to your local recruiting office and verify your contact info otherwise you are a civilian.

Now the interesting thing that has already been alluded to is that they can only call up the IRR during wartime and it is usually done by the job you performed while on your enlistment, like in Desert Shield/Storm. I would have thought that the Army/Navy Times would have said something about this occurring now, like they did back in 1990. The training is more than likely refresher/certification training. Even active duty units will go through something similar prior to deploying. I like the OP would like to know why there is a need for this now w/IRR and where they are going to be deployed.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Does anyone else find it odd that this Marine recall is happening so soon after the strangely orchestrated withdrawal of US Special Forces from Afghanistan? Strange, in the manner by which an excuse for the withdrawal (torture accusations) suddenly popped up, and wasn't really even contested, just taken as a convenient means to get the SF guys out of the sand-box..?

I smell a rat. And this rat looks like consolidation of forces on sovereign territory, for reasons unknown, but quite possibly engineered in advance. DHS shenanigans & preparations notwithstanding, perhaps the troops are coming home to face some other sort of threat? A domestic threat?

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Israel Fires into Syria
www.reuters.com...

Perhaps this has something to do with it the recall. I know of a number of other recalls in my area.

edit on 24-3-2013 by auto73912621 because: caption

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
or they're simply coming home. It happens sometimes after a war!

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by auto73912621

What recall? You mean the OPs one employee? Heck, the OP doesn't even have any actual facts about this so called "recall." One Marine being recalled/mobilized/reenlisting/who knows what does not a war (civil or otherwise) make!

Do people on this board want something to happen so very badly that they'll jump to conclusions without any proof? If war was imminent then you would see mass mobilizations like in 2003...anyone remember the call ups in 2003? It wasn't one Marine, it was a lot of soldiers, sailors and airmen from all parts of the country. Though I know Marines are tough, but when you go to war, you should have more than one...I think that's in an instruction or technical manual.

Though the story sounds strange, we honestly have no facts to support anything. The OP could have misunderstood the Marine who said he was reenlisting and would be going to training prior to being deployed overseas.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Feltrick

Feltrick, do you remember the Vietnam War? Do you realize that the US had a few hundred 'advisers' there in 1950? But what do most people remember about that war? Only the few hundred thousand combat troops from the mid 60's till mid 70's.

Military involvement in other countries doesn't always mean we invade with 'shock and awe'.

As I wrote earlier (I think), I've heard speculation that we may put boots on the ground in Syria, if just to secure Assad's chem/bio weapons. No need for a full scale invasion.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 2ndthought

Oh, I am well aware of the US actions leading to full military intervention in Vietnam. So, you are telling me that, based on no actual facts, that this Marine is going to Syria. That is what you believe?

One story that we don't even know is real. No real facts. Nothing to base any opinion on. We don't even know what this guy's job was in the military or civilian world! BUT, because we sent advisors to Vietnam, this guy must be headed to Syria.

Come on!

I'm sure we have boots on the ground in Syria and those boots most likely are being worn by SEALS or Green Berets.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I thought nothing of it at the time it happened but now this thread makes me think it did mean something. A week ago I was at my local VA hospital for treatment of my shoulder and as Im waiting in the waiting room it is not uncommon for veterans to talk and one guy had just got out and asked me my job and I told him and he said specifically do you think you will be cleared by May? I said cleared for what, im out. Well if you are expect some paperwork from DoD. I blew it off but now im gonna be checking my mail every day. They dont have my address cause I just moved a few months ago but im sure they can find it if they need to.

The more I think about it the creepier it is now. I remember this guy was the first guy to start talking once I sat down and wasted no time asking me what branch I served and what my injury was. This isnt out of the ordinary mind you while we are all sitting around waiting.

After I blew him off he got up and went up to the nurse and I heard him say I forgot I had a nother appointment so Im going to have to reschedule. As he was leaving he looked right at me the whole way out and said Aim High and he was gone.

Im starting to think he was there specifically because he had information that I would be there and that he needed to talk with me.

Im a little freaked out right now.
edit on 24-3-2013 by lcbjr1979 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

I take it from the "Aim High" that one or both of you are/were in the Air Force. Did the other guy tell you what service he is in or what his injury is? What was your MOS in the service? Must have been pretty important for DOD to send someone to meet with you in a very cryptic manner?

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Yes we were both Air Force, he told me he was a retired recruiter. My job was opperations intelligence

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Recruiters like to recruit! Maybe he was just fishing? Perhaps he needs to meet his 3rd quarter quota and thought you would make a good mark, if you'd be cleared by May.

Keep checking your mail and if you get anything from the DOD, let us know.

Off topic: How's the VA treating you?

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

They are treating me very well. Helping me pay to go back to college, giving me anything I need. Thank you for asking

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
All right for a twist a friend of mine comes up to me at the Easter play practice and asks if there is a underground training base in WV. He's ex-Infantry (during the second bout with Iraq) and says some of his reserve friends were called up to train.
Now usually I read, comment, then research if there is any truth to the fiction but this caught me a little off guard and left me a little wary. I had already turned this thread off thinking, if anything, it was about NKorea because their tunnel system is vast but now I'm not so sure. If it was something as easy as that he would have had a little more info.Grunts are like that secrecy or not.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Glad to hear your experience is going well! I'd rather get my VA info from those being treated than from the media outlets. Again, keep us posted and hope all continues to go well for you.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Feltrick
Though the story sounds strange, we honestly have no facts to support anything. The OP could have misunderstood the Marine who said he was reenlisting and would be going to training prior to being deployed overseas.

You make very good points in your post, but one thing I'll disagree with is the last (quoted above.) I did not misunderstand and the employee in question did not re-enlist.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

You seem to be very stuck on this one Marine.

I simply speculated (that phrase familiar to you?) that, since this Marine, real or not, is being sent to WV, and that there's a WMD training facility in WV,

www.wv.ngb.army.mil...

that maybe there's a possibility that troops, trained in WMD, are being prepped to go to Syria to secure the chem/bio weapons there.

The OP asked for suggestions. I offered one. You chose to demean and belittle the OP and those that replied. Your choice. Have a good day.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by 2ndthought

I'm only stuck on this one Marine because that's all we have at this point, unless you have evidence to the contrary? I haven't demeaned or belittled anyone, just simply getting evidence to support what is going on. My apologies to those I have offended in my questions.

Again, we have no idea what this Marine's specialty is nor should we make an assumption based on no evidence. We are simply creating rumors that, eventually create conspiracies where there aren't any.

We have very little to go on. We do not know if he was RELAD or Discharged. We do not know if he was SELRES or IRR. He stated he was headed to WV, but know not where. If he was recalled or mobilized then he should have given a copy of the orders to his employer since it would be under T10 orders.

I just want the truth and if my questions are hurtful, again, I apologize to the OP.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

OP, thanks for the info. Just trying to figure out the facts. Did he ever talk about his time in the Marines. When you hired him, did he give you a copy of his 214 for employment verification? If so, his specialty and number of years of service will be on there. It might also mention if he was assigned to a reserve unit.

My apologies if I've offended you, it was not intentional.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

No offense was taken.

The employee was always pretty tight-lipped about his time in the Corps and I was always respectful of his privacy. We're a very, very large company (with a sizable DoD contract - not my division) and I'm not his hiring manager/HR person. Just his supervisor.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Thanks for the reply. You must have a few ex-military folks working for the company since you're a DOD contractor. Any other supervisors talking about losing personnel to recalls? Understand he was tight lipped but did he say if he was an O or an E? Did his job entail manufacturing, programming, or analysis work? Could give a clue and let us know who this recall is targeting. Anything on his desk or in his office that you can remember?

Thanks again!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join