It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marine recall? New war coming soon? NK?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The tunnel training facility (entrence) can be seen from highway 77 in WV and is about 45 minutes from my house. I didnt realize it was for military, all Ive ever seen there was first responders. It is a converted (abandoned) tunnel which have very limited parking space so I don't know you would get a detachment of armor up there unless it has parking underground which is odd for a tunnel.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by larphillips

If he has been called back, demand to see his orders stating such. If he cannot produce them, kick him to the curb. That is also your right as his employer.

The orders will state the period that he is being recalled for. Whether a two week Annual Training or a actual deployment.

Being a former Reservist I have seen many a shiftless soldier try this, just to get time off. Don’t let him play you.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

They're probably keeping him in the dark because of fiscal limitations. They know that they are next up, but may see their deployment cancelled or downsized at the last minute.

If he is in the Reserves/NG, once they do know, they'll let everyone else know as well.

I've seen it happen. And it is never fun having your life hung up in the suspense.
edit on 23-3-2013 by TDawgRex because: coffee

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Having read the Op's message there are a few things that should be stated:

As it is stated that the Marine in question was discharged honorably, there are is a few clauses in the contract that every person who serves in any of the US military forces that is often overlooked and not really considered.

One of those clauses, and it is in the fine print, is that in the event of a military action, that the US government can and will recall people who have served in the US military, especially those who were discharged honorably. There are some conditions that would warrent such. The first one that comes to mind is the MOS problem. There are so many slots in an MOS (Job) that allow for upward promotion. If there is a shortage of personnell in that MOS it would not be uncommon or unheard of if they recall people of that particular speciality to not only back into active duty, but also to train others in that particular MOS.

Usually when they recall a person after they got out, there is a promotion, and payraise, but there is also a time limit, and that is that it has to happen within usually 4 years of the person being discharged from the US Military.

This is what it sounds like and ultimately they are needing more people of his MOS, and until there are enough trained, he is going to have to go and do the job. Now if they are following the law, he should be able to return to that job that he is having to leave with no lose in position or money.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I'm not gonna read the whole thread to see if someone has answered your question, but I'll tell you what I think (with almost absolute certainty) is going on. Most military contracts require you to serve for a certain period of time. After this period of time is over, you can go back to your normal life. HOWEVER, more often than not, there is usually a 2-year period after your contract "ends" that allows the military to call you up at any point in those two years and attach you anywhere you might be needed.

For example, your employee was a Marine for.. let's say 4 years. His contract "ends" at the end of his 4 years but has a 2 year obligation. While he was in, he served as a helicopter pilot (also hypothetical). Meanwhile, a Marine unit out of the NE US is preparing to deploy (most likely to Afghan or Africa). This deploying unit is also in need of a helicopter pilot, so they send a notice to higher command (probably brigade, who sends it to the regional command), who then looks at the pool of available helicopter pilots and picks one. I'm not sure how they make their decision on who to pick, but they picked your employee.

He didn't tell you because he probably didn't want you to know that he could be leaving you at any point, which would have hurt his chances at landing that job. Hope this helps.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Double post.
edit on 23-3-2013 by wWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

Interesting!

I wasn't aware of bases for training in WV, so I looked it up and found this....

Afghanistan-bound military personnel from across the nation will learn to operate Mine Resistant Ambush Protected troop carrier vehicles, or MRAPs, on reclaimed surface mine land adjacent to the West Virginia National Guard's Memorial Tunnel training complex.

The heavily armored 23-ton MRAPs, which can hold up to eight soldiers, were developed in response to heavy losses being suffered by U.S. troops in Iraq and Afghanistan from improvised explosive devices.

Source

Now is this for possibly a preparation for Iran? Or since our wonderful Homeland Security has purchased about 2700 of these vehicles, is it more training for use against the American people????

I guess time will tell......

ok, the jig is up...they are for the all-out-assualt on right-wing militia groups in america....yup, that's it, they have had drones high overhead for months now, mapping out training bases, homes of leaders, weapon and ammo stashes, home made forest, and underground bunkers

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I have a feeling this is where they are being sent to.

Camp Dawson

Nestled in the hills of North Central West Virginia, Camp Dawson lies within close proximity of 50% of the nation's entire population, yet Camp Dawson offers unique terrain and serenity that is unmatched. Camp Dawson is an ideal site for military training and conferences, while also offering rugged mountainous regions for SPECIALIZED training. For your off duty hours, Camp Dawson lies within driving distance of many of West Virginia's historic sites, numerous resort areas, as well as the Tri State area's many metropolitan centers such as Pittsburgh and Washington D.C.

I went to Summer Boot Camp there when I was in the ROTC in High School.
edit on 23-3-2013 by mikemck1976 because: Added Photo

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
reply to post by bg_socalif

"Today while riding my my son's girlfriends dad"

He is Marine Recon and you're ridding him!
What, as in Giddy up!

Your Brave!!!

P

edit on 23/3/2013 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

Haha...i should proofread more carefully...should've been "riding with my"...we were going to a job site.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
feet will be on the ground in syria.

was actually announced to certain folks last year.

the fact that they want people on the ground in syria seems odd and they are not just gonna flatten the place and let the rebels take over means there must be a few things need sorted. or maybe its just to get troops in position for Iran a couple of months later.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Recalls back into active duty can happen with the stroke of a pen if you are military retiree, for life. That military retirement pay is a retainer fee, not just a retirement pay. If not a retiree, nearly every service member upon honorable discharge is placed on a period of inactive reserve. During that period of inactive reserve, stroke of a pen and your back in active duty for as long as needed. Just getting a discharge from the service can be refused and your obligation extended past the enlistment period if it is in the best interest of the country or it is deemed a damaging loss if you are lost to the civilian field.

Many don't realize what they've signed on to when they enlist or take a commission.
edit on 23-3-2013 by tkwasny because: typo fix

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny
Recalls back into active duty can happen with the stroke of a pen if you are military retiree, for life.

Commissioned officers can be called back until they are 60 years old, unless they retire their commission.

Enlisted technically sign up for eight years, what they don't do as active is transferred to inactive reserve.
Retired it is less than 30 years from enlistment date, so if you retire at 20 years you go on active reserve for 10 years. If you do 30 years you are not eligible for recall.

For example I enlisted in 89, got out in 95, and was on inactive reserve until 97, I am done and they can't recall me now.

edit on 3/23/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
This happened during Desert Storm for people who were in maintenance in the 1970s. Unusual but it happens. Reserves and National Guard may have to fill in for active while they are out of country.
edit on 23-3-2013 by IntelRetard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Did I read on page one that the WV base is used to train for WMD?

Political and military analysts are now talking about probable boots on the ground in Syria, at least to secure Assad's Chem/Bio weapons.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOKCommissioned officers can be called back until they are 60 years old, unless they retire their commission.

Says subject to recall till age 65 on my retirement orders... I think it is tied to SS eligibility.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I suspect there's all kinds of US military involvement around the world that the general American public isn't aware of.

Does anyone here know of a current US military mission in India?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

Afghanistan-bound military personnel from across the nation will learn to operate Mine Resistant Ambush Protected troop carrier vehicles, or MRAPs, on reclaimed surface mine land adjacent to the West Virginia National Guard's Memorial Tunnel training complex.

The heavily armored 23-ton MRAPs, which can hold up to eight soldiers, were developed in response to heavy losses being suffered by U.S. troops in Iraq and Afghanistan from improvised explosive devices.

Source

Weird that it's talking about mine resistant vehcles.

In Korea theres a huge mine field in between North, and South Korea. In order to prevent invasion, and too keep their citizens in. Maybe the bases purpsose is to train people for that, maybe not though.
edit on 23-3-2013 by Lingweenie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I worked for a scrap metal recycling yard in Riverside WV until January of this year. For the past two years, the team at the tunnel complex had a contract with the scrap yard to purchase scrap vehicles for their training. They would come in with a large low boy, about 3 to 4 times within a couple of months, and take several cars back to the tunnel for whatever it is they do there. I never saw the vehicles once they were finished. Wish I had though, now that I know more about what they were doing with them.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Having recently separated from the service (Marine Corps) myself, I haven't heard anything about a recall. Just my .02.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent008

Bahahahaha! Best movie ever! Rife with blatant symbolism and funny as hell!

I know my post contributes little and I apologise but sapaceballs man! SPACEBALLS!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join