It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marine recall? New war coming soon? NK?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ibiubu
All Americans that have stood by and let this happen without voicing concerns years ago are to be ashamed.

edit on 22-3-2013 by ibiubu because: (no reason given)

This thread subject aside, the way things appear to be headed, I'm afraid we'll be in a situation much worse than shame for happily handing over the freedoms this nation was based on for a little "safety."

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by knowledgedesired

I don't think this sort of thing happens unless there is a war unless you have a special MOS that's hard to find replacements.

Pladuim

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by larphillips

DHS can pull from anywhere. This is what they are getting ready for:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
It's not that uncommon for Marines on IRR to be recalled into active duty weather or not there is war. I knew plenty of guys that had been recalled when I was in.

But I'll throw this on the fire....A lady in one of my classes whose husband is stationed here at Kaneohe Bay told me the other day that her husband said there is lots of talk about Korea on base right now, and he said something big is about to happen. No more info than that. Take it with a grain of salt, but I'm paying attention to anything having to do with "Marines" and "Korea" for the moment.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

These are the military vehicles purchased by DHS.....these are for use on U.S. soil...not overseas. These are the vehicles the DHS refused to give a straight answer to Congress about.

Des

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The problem here is we have little information to go on. He may well be in the reserves as part of his contract. He Or he could be in the IRR and simply have a MOS the need. In either of those cases though he simply would have brought his orders in so he would have his jon when he got back. Since he quit I would guess he may have just gone back in and said he was recalled (seen this happen pretty often) believe it or not people miss it. I know of no call up in general and I also know this has nothing to with DHS.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady
It's not that uncommon for Marines on IRR to be recalled into active duty weather or not there is war. I knew plenty of guys that had been recalled when I was in.

But I'll throw this on the fire....A lady in one of my classes whose husband is stationed here at Kaneohe Bay told me the other day that her husband said there is lots of talk about Korea on base right now, and he said something big is about to happen. No more info than that. Take it with a grain of salt, but I'm paying attention to anything having to do with "Marines" and "Korea" for the moment.

I spent 4 years in the infantry from 1990-1994 and not one single person I served with was called back. Maybe things have changed since then.

Pladuim

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

Grain of salt, but certainly another in a line of dots that could be connected. Domestic or overseas, something is afoot and now trickling down to the soldier/sailor/Marine-level.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Pladuim

Semper.

I was a Supply Guy from 2003-2007. Granted, there was actually a war going on at the time, so that would explain many of the guys I knew who were called back. But I also knew plenty of older guys who got called back between Desert Storm and OIF when there wasn't a big war going on. Sometimes they just do it by critical MOS needs.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

You are correct... very little information, and he's basically clammed up. In my own observations, he acclimated to civilian life quite nicely, was settling down, and set up permanent roots. If his contract allowed for recall at any time, I guess that is just poor planning on his part. In addition, he hasn't quit yet, just put in notice that he's done prior to reporting to WV in May. Essentially it's two or three weeks, as he needs to get his household and family in order, but sudden and rapid.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Let's see. . .

Berneke is bolting. .

The EU is tanking. . .

The entitlement bubble is going to burst in the US. . .

The stock market is going to collapse under the false rise, thanks to QE5, 6, 7, 8, 9. . .

North Korea

AFRICOM

Iran

Syria

Afghanistan

(and just to add to lighten the tone)

We might finally be invading Canada!
*shakes fist*

Curse you, you nice, clean, polite, neighbors to the north! With your cheap pharmaceuticals and your beer and your strange bacon-which scares me!

Curse you!

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

And that could honestly be all this is... one guy with a specialty they're in short supply of. I just wanted to throw this to the board and see if it fits a missing piece of someone's puzzle or if this was a widespread event.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Honestly I think it's weird too. I just don't want to think about another war right now.

But another thing to think about is the APEC Conferrence that was held here in Hawaii in 2011. It was kind of a big deal. That event marked the shift of the U.S. to a "Pacific Nation".

I believe the focus has gradually been shifting away from the Middle East toward Korea/China/Ghengis Khan and The Golden Horde...whoever we're declaring war on next will be in that area, and Hawaii will play a critical role, as it was always meant to do.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yah, the world is heating up, not cooling down. I expect there to be a lot more war before the US is through...

whatever that means.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
It happened in Desert Storm, some of my buddies ets'd and a week later were back in line for being recalled to duty. I saw him on the news standing in line and he looked PO'd. Then there was stop loss at the time, which lasted pretty much through Desert Storm. Which caused some interesting crowding in various units.

IIRC when you enlist you have a contract that basically says you have your term of enlistment, and up to 8 years of being ready reserve they can call you back on. Basically if you served the 8 years and got out, they technically could not call you back, which is how stop loss kept those close to that time frame in the service. (8 years minus your time in service, I think was how it worked.)

I'm not surprised that they would recall folks, especially in hard to fill MOS'. Considering there is a chance to go hot with NK, or in Syria.

M.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Do you know how many years he served in the Marines? Most folks sign up for an 8 yr committment (4 yrs active duty and 4 yrs reserve). Now, they can serve this reserve time either as a drilling reserve (SELRES) or inactive (IRR or ISL). It's not uncommon, in today's climate, for reserve units to be mobilized, we still have active theaters in IRAQ and Afghanistan.

It's hard for me to push the conspiracy panic button without knowing more info. It amazes me that ONE person comes on this board and says that a guy he knows is being recalled and right away folks jump to an attack on NK, Iran or 2700 DHS vehicles....even when there's no proof of DHS' purchase of those vehicles.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I know someone that does work (of an non disclosed nature) for The DHS. He has been called away to South Korea. While he won't tell me exactly what he does, he did say and I quote "I am not sure I am coming back". From his tone he is rattled. My girlfriend and him have been friends since high school and are supposed to be going to visit his Thailand home this fall, Let's hope we still do.

Things may be coming to a head with the fat little clown in N.K. There is no doubt Iran has been helping the little rat bastard build bombs. The big question is who is going to use one first?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by larphillips
reply to post by MrSpad

You are correct... very little information, and he's basically clammed up. In my own observations, he acclimated to civilian life quite nicely, was settling down, and set up permanent roots. If his contract allowed for recall at any time, I guess that is just poor planning on his part. In addition, he hasn't quit yet, just put in notice that he's done prior to reporting to WV in May. Essentially it's two or three weeks, as he needs to get his household and family in order, but sudden and rapid.

What I mean if he was recalled he would not move, not turn in notice etc. He would have orders to give to his boss so that by law he would have his job on return. If he was recalled it would only be for short time, say the a 6 month to a year deployment and he would then be a civilian again. So he would not move or quit etc. I would still guess he is just re upping.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Of course a game is being played, and chess pieces are being moved.

"It's no kids game either, but a whole other game. It's serious, and it's dangerous, and its one you don't want to loose." Robert Redford "Spy Game"

Pladuim

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Normally you'd be right, but the nature of the job is that we'll backfill him immediately (project driven contract work). He'll certainly have a place here should he choose to return, but our positions are not redundant and he'd be reinstalled elsewhere if/when he returns.

As for the move, he's certainly got more information than he's letting on, but he and the wife are none too happy about it... seems necessary, though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join