It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum Nearly Agreed To Form 2012 'Unity Ticket': Bloomberg Businessweek

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Back in February 2012, things were looking far from pretty for Mitt Romney.

Though he had been pegged as an early frontrunner for the GOP's 2012 presidential nomination, the Republican primary results were showing a different picture. Former Sen. Rick Santorum (R-Pa.) claimed the Iowa caucus and a clean sweep of three Feb. 7 contests. Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.) snagged the conservative foothold of South Carolina on Jan. 21, sparking questions of whether Romney was capable of inspiring the party to victory against President Barack Obama.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Well we all know how this turned out, however, the whole primary process was rigged from the start. We only have the illusion of choice in this country and no matter who wins the elections, we the American people are the losers. The two party system is a failure and TPTB control the players in the game.
edit on 2013/3/22 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Of couse of they both wanted to be President and could never come to an agreement on who would. Not a suprise their. If they could have come to one, they most likely could have taken Romney down but, would have faired in even worse in the general election.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

I don't see anything in the OP that covers this news. Not everyone links on links, so it's best to talk about what you are talking about in the first two posts, to let people know the story.

Now, if this is true, hahahahahah hahahahahahahha "Gingrich/Santorum". The Dream Team. The Clean-Up Batters. The Dynamic Duo. They would have won a few more primaries, had a good convention, but the establishment candidate - Silver Spoon Mitt Romney - would still have won. And then lost.

Next up, the Jeb/Christie ticket. Versus Hillary/Brown (Sherrod Brown of Ohio is my guess for '016 Democratic V.P. pick). If Christie could lose 150 pounds he might be able to waddle to the podium for his nomination acceptance speech.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jaytay

I thought Ventura would come out of Mexico and run only if his supporters got him on all the ballots? I haven't checked him out lately though, did he change is mind and is actually running?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Santorum/Gingrich? Wow, that would have been an amazing train wreck!

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

I assume you mean as opposed to the train wreck we got of Obama/Biden.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Metallicus

I assume you mean as opposed to the train wreck we got of Obama/Biden.

Obama and Biden are electable and sane. Santorum's a religious nut and Gingrich is a scumbag of the first order.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Obama and Biden are electable and sane.

That is certainly debatable.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

obozo and the alzhiemer Biden? Niether one of them could fight themselves out of a paper-bag. Idiots, who need to be controlled. Controlled by whom?

Santorum/Gringich?

OK - 4th party?

MY GOD! America doesn't stand a chance in hell.

new topics

top topics

join