The Constitution of the United States

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Requires that WE WORK TOGETHER in solving our problems!

Anyone see this happening? I sure don't! All I see is red versus blue! A bunch of adults acting like selfish children!

I here people say, "We are a Democracy!". NO! We are not!

We are a Republic!

A Democracy is MOB rules!

A Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting for what is for dinner! The Republic, protects the sheep from the wolves!

It is easy to say you believe in the Constitution and will die fighting for it, but do you really support the Constitution, or just practicing on how big you can get your breasts to puff out?

To believe in the Constitution, you must also be able to take off your blinders long enough to open up your mind and forget about your partisan BS! The reason we have a two party system is create division in the first place. The two party system is the biggest assault on the values of our Constitution that I can currently think of, other than the anti gun crowd who are so dumbed down by political rhetoric and MSM propaganda that they might as well just allow the criminals to put a black bag over their heads and end their scared existence on this planet!

Now as far as religion goes, I agree that the Constitution grants us all the freedom of religion. Here is where I will piss of those on the other side of the coin! As does the Constitution protect you from YOUR religion, does it not also protect those who don't believe in it??? Again! WORK TOGETHER, for a common goal instead of trying to prove your beliefs are MORE IMPORTANT than others! The religious right is just as dangerous as the progressive left! Both sides want it their way and both sides want it done their way and would rather see the county implode rather than become adults and work things out where it is a win-win for everyone! Again, we are a Republic, NOT a Democracy!

Oh Freedom of speech??? That has gone to hell as well! We only have the freedom of speech if it is politically correct! Those who believe in this political correct BS are the ones whom seem to scream the loudest over them losing it! Think about it! Political Correctness has been one of most brilliant assaults on our Freedom of Speech since our country was founded!

As adults, what is so difficult in looking at the Constitution and understanding it? What is so wrong with shedding your precious egos and realizing the difference between three words! "RIGHT", "WRONG" and "FAIR"?????

Why is the United States on the brink of destruction?

How about two parties whose design was to be polar opposites! How about the fact we allow our politicians to make their decisions based upon their fear of getting re elected or based upon not getting that hidden envelope full of cash to make sure they vote for laws that screw those who elected them and prop up their wealthy corporate friends?
HOW ABOUT WE ALLOW THEM TO MAKE A CAREER OUT OF BEING A CRIMINAL, BECAUSE WE LACK THE INTELLIGENCE TO NEVER VOTE FOR THEM AGAIN?

I said, I would NEVER post a Rant on ATS, but this one has really been bothering me and on my mind! Hate me, agree with me, I don't really care! All I care about is the future of my daughter and because Americans have seem to care about nothing other than their political ideologies and their religions and the fact that they are in the right while everyone else is wrong, "Congratulations!" Not only do you not understand the Constitution, but you have been very instrumental in the downfall of our country!

Give yourselves a pat on the back! By arguing and fighting over the colors blue and red, instead of trying to find a common ground, our country has been destroyed!

Well done! I am sure our Forbearers are very proud of our accomplishments.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I totally agree with you. Decisions being made are no longer made for the benefit of the governed. The Government gets its power and authority from us or we the people.

Time to get some new leadership in Washington made up of people that understand their job and where their power comes from. SnF.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

We are a Republic!

A Democracy is MOB rules!

I believe the US was founded as a republic... but you're not a Democracy either...

The countries of the world are all Oligarchies

so is the world actually...

edit on 22-3-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I would say Plutocracy, myself, but whatever it is, it is certainly not for the benefit of mankind, but for the benefit of those who control the wealth......

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The government wants us kept divided.

United, we'd figure out that they all are jerking us around and we'd run them out on a rail!

ETA; as long as people rely on entitlements then we're screwed.
edit on 22-3-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
The government wants us kept divided.

United, we'd figure out that they all are jerking us around and we'd run them out on a rail!

ETA; as long as people rely on entitlements then we're screwed.
edit on 22-3-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

Heres an interesting side note....

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Makes me wonder which god they're talking about...

The Christian God says... a kingdom divided against itself can not stand...

Then theres the God of money...

hmmmm...

new topics
top topics

join