It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Was "Pulled OUT" During Meditation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I was just reading threads on this topic and remembered something that happened to me when I was in my teens. For background purposes, I was raised in an evangelical home so at the time of this incident, all of my understanding on this was pretty much influenced by that. Anyway, I think I was fasting that day. Fasting is when you go without food and only drink water and basically pray and meditate for something. I was in my room doing that.

Anyway, I started the fast in the morning and prayed and meditated. Then later in the afternoon, I laid down and did the meditation thing with my hands up praying and was just asking for healing and thinking about healing. I was in this position for a while when I felt something move behind my eye and I opened my eyes. It felt like a very faint cell phone vibration only it was coming from behind my eye. That's the only way I can explain it. It felt like a phone vibration and it was right being my left eye. I felt it being pulled OUT through my eye on the top and I started blinking as it was being pulled out.

When it was being pulled out, it was like , okay this is gross, but hear me out, you know how when you were a kid and you wiped your nose during a really bad cold and you feel the mucus way up your nose canal coming out as you are wiping your nose ? It was like that only it was coming from the brain through my eye and I couldn't see it , but felt it being pulled out. After it was gone . I sensed a deep peaceful feeling and everything in the room was super clear and super sharp. I felt smarter or more aware for some reason. Just really clear in my thinking.

Anyways, I have always heard of people feeling as though something opens or they receive something when they meditate, but I have never heard of anyone experiencing something being puled OUT of their Third Eye. Or is that what they are feeling and they aren't explaining it right or maybe I'm the one not explaining it right. All I know is something clearly came OUT not IN . So, has anyone ever had that or something similar where they felt something being pulled OUT ? I know it's weird, but I remembered it and was just wondering if anyone else did.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

..... and if anyone has a scientific or psychological explanation , I am open to that as well.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The snot part was a good visual...kinda gross

That is a strange feeling to have I can't say I heard of that happening to anyone I know who meditates. But I have had a feeling like my brain is being pulled to the left side while meditating, or more like how if you stand in a really windy day you can feel the wind push you thats what it felt like.

whatever it was your body and mind didn't need it, a self cleaning of sorts.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent008

Yeah, I believe I was delivered of something. I checked the brain anatomy pages and looked to see what part of the brain that was and what it's functions are and it was about emotions, reasoning and behaviors.

Hmmmm

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Interesting, also it was near your third eye chakra that connects to your pineal gland deep in your brain.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent008

Yes, I know. That's why I'm a little confused.I always hear people talking about things opening or entering but never coming out. Oh well. I guess I will never know. I have tons of experiences that I will probably never know the answers to.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
If you feel good after a strange happening then thats all that matters

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Perhaps there was a blockage in your chakra that came out.

/shrug

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
is was just your third eye clearing itself of obstructions,there's usually a pulling or tug or viberation between the eyebrows or in that region,we have chi channels,so the chi channels in that area could have been activated too so it's all frictional chi,Im meditation we always get frictional chi,the chi is clearing out obstructions,it's all scientific,nothing mystical about it,all meditation experiences are spiritual science phenomenon,nothing mystical 99 percent of the time

I activated my third eye on the first 2 weeks of meditation,hay one of the major obstacles in cultivating the mind in meditation is focusing on body sensations and phenomenon of form and sensation,you should egnore all this,especially going into specifics about ins and outs of sensation behind the eye ect,recently I forgot the form and sensation skanda momentarily,it was awesome but scared me so I came out of it

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
About 10 years ago I was meditating and began to feel very strange. Not even sure I can explain it, but it felt like I was no longer in the real world. Almost like a dream state, except I knew that this was no dream. Suddenly I felt a powerful pull on my body. Not on the outside, but rather on the inside. It felt like a powerful magnet was trying to pull something out of me. I fought against this pull, but was unable to stop it. It seemed like this happened for a long period of time. Finally it felt like the pull suddenly stopped, and I distictly heard a deep growling voice say "sh it". I do not scare easily, but this frightened me so much that I have not meditated since. I sware that the devil or something was trying to pull my soul from my body. I have never felt anything as uncomfortable as this. I have always wonder what might have happened if I had not fought against the pulling.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
could of been the effect of your gen mai opening,this can have an effect on the brain,due to your religious background I can see why spychologically when you see illusions or hallucinate that your mind would choose a demon from Christianity,in Buddhism if one gets far in meditation and is making fast progress demons do come to twart you or frighten you off the path,and test you to see if your brave or wise enough

new topics

top topics

join