It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astral projection?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Hello there,
calling anyone who has actually successfully astral projected/left their bodies at will.

Last night was one of the weirdest nights that I can remember.
Went to bed around 10.30 after a pretty stressful day at work and after having done some breathing exercises just to relax a bit, because I knew that I wasn't going to sleep very deeply.
After the breathing relaxation, kind of managed to fall asleep, if I can call it that.
I just remember having these weird and random thoughts/dreams that seemed very vivid, I normally dont remember my dreams very well and certainly not as clear as I had last night.

Anyway, around 3am (and still in a state of wake/sleep) I start feeling like a rising or floating feeling, mostly in my head and chest (which is something that I have felt many times before) so I think, 'here we go again, ok this time is gonna be it!' And so I tried to relax and not fight it, but in vain, like all the times before, as soon as i realize whats happening I get pulled back in.
But what was different last night was that this went on for what I think must have been at least an hour, I felt my 'soul' wanting to leave i would say between 10 and 20 times, no joke.
Very frustrating to say the least, as I have many times told myself that there is nothing to fear and that I should just let go.
Anyone got any tips on how to do this once and for all?
I mean if this happens to me so often why cant I do it successfully?

Thanks to any replies whatsoever.

(On a lighter note, after having read a thread on here a few days ago, about the 21st march being the 'actual' doomsday, for a moment while this was happening I really thought that this was the ascension and that my soul was being elevated into the 5th dimension, hahaha)

edit on 22/3/13 by athousandlives because: added last paragraph

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I have an abundance of info for you, but I wont discuss any of it on-forum. Contact me privately.
PS You WERE in the 1st stages of projecting...kinda messed up in its timing, but still....so U2U me if youre serious.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Hey, Mysterious Stranger,

I am just wondering why you are reluctant to post your information publicly? I for one would be very interested in what you have to say, and I'm sure there are many others who think likewise.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

thanks, I have sent you a message, but if there is any info that might be shared with others who might stumble upon this post, dont be shy!

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
This is a subject that I have not looked back at for a few decades. Not because I was discouraged but because I was successful. Before you jump into a unknown lake you might want to think what might be in the water and how you can get out when you want.
That said if you want to do this you have to understand your fears fully before you try. They may get the best of you. When you learn how to AP it is hard to change your mind and just quit. It will haunt you for years even if you do not want to do it anymore.
If you are still interested on doing it than I can tell you what worked best for me. You seem to be on the right track so far.
First, relaxation is very important. Be in a place where nobody can bother you. Slightly warm. Lay down on your back and breath slow. Concentrate on the tips of your toes. Feel every nerve and muscle in your toes. Then move up to your feet. than your legs. Slowly move up to the top of your head so you feel every nerve in your body. Focus in the darkness of your closed eyes to a point six feet from you. Think of this point a a magnetic or electric source radiating energy and you are absorbing it. Bring the point closer to you. Think only of that point and the energy it's radiating. If you are successful that your body will feel something like a tuning fork with a low frequency flowing back and forth from your head to toes. At this point you will be paralyzed. The fear will kick in. Focus on the frequency and try to make it faster and higher. Than good luck.
If you practice the relaxation part before you go to sleep that will help. The best time I found was in the early morning 3 or 4am. I would set my alarm get up and eat a bowl of oatmeal so I was content and my mind was clear then try it.
I will warn you again that when you get this to work you might not be able to control it and find it happening when you wake up at any hour of the night. It can be very scary at times.
I will not get into my personal experiences with this subject at this time. I have spent the last 20 years trying to convince myself that it was all lucid dreaming and only in my head but I can't explain most. I took notes and was always aware of the time and my environment. When others are involved then?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by d8track

Just curious here.
What did you learn from your AP experiences?
Does astral projection have a purpose?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

No. It had a interest many years ago. It has been a long time I have thought of AP. I quit long ago. I have my reasons. I was just saying that it is hard to quit if you want to.
I think purpose to anything is what you make of it. For me at the time if was to understand the world and see things for myself.
What I learned is that there is more to it and things can get interesting. I would think twice before opening Pandoras box.

edit on 22-3-2013 by d8track because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2013 by d8track because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by d8track

thanks for the answer,
is it that scary? I understand that it's important to do it with a purpose in mind. Although I have heard of people who manage to do it for 'fun', like flying around just for the thrill of it etc. or even people who go and manage to 'wake' other people into that state so they can go and explore together.
I know there is the chance to run into not-so-benign entities if one is not fully ready to shed their fears, but if that does happen how will it affect me once I come back and wake up?

edit on 23/3/13 by athousandlives because: none

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Use the roll-over or sit-up technique.

Feel your astral body within you and try to sit-up without actually sitting up physically.

Although there are plenty of things out there to get you I wouldn't be fearful of AP'ing as your body has a natural ability to snap you back to where it is safe if things get too rough. And I would say the pros far outweigh the cons as there are many beautiful things to experience and much to learn. Whether you have a good experience or a bad one at the end of the day it is still an experience and something to learn from. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Eonnn

Thanks Eonnn, your reply is a bit more positive

By roll over you mean i have to try to roll over to the side with my astral body? I've heard as well of imagining a rope just above my torso so that i can pull myself up, the problem is i never seem to get as far down as my arms and hands, I always snap back after the chest begins to rise.
I'll have to work on my relaxation first I guess.
cheers
edit on 23/3/13 by athousandlives because: none

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by athousandlives

I do not think it is scary to do, there is no real threat to you. When I say fear it is a bit different. For example, A person that is claustrophobic is put in a closet and told they have to stay in for one minute. They have the fear of not being able to defend them self. If that person also has arachnophobia and a harmless spider is hanging over their head they would have a panic attack. As an observer you may find it funny knowing there is no risk to that person.
The fear I am talking about is in the first stage you can't move and defend your self. It is natural and if you overcome it than you move on. The next fear is to look at your self when you get out. Your first thought might be I am dead. If you get over that than you can move on. Like Eonnn said if the SHTF you will snap back instantly.

The first time I was successful I was 16 years old. Not a good time of life to be playing with this sort of thing but I was persistent. I new what was happening and next I know I am a few blocks from my house. I was fully aware of where I was and was amazed. I thought of the things I could do with this. It was the middle of the night so it was very peaceful. Then I saw a person walking fast towards me and thought it was odd that he could see me. When he got closer I realized it was not a person and it looked at me like I was trespassing on it property. I felt fear even though I was not threatened. I was instantly back in bed. I was still paralyzed with the sound ringing in my ears for about 30 seconds until I could get up. When I did my heart was beating so fast and my adrenaline was flowing. At this point I realized that I was not ready for this and did not want it to happen again until I was ready. That was not the case. It happened off and on for about five years without my control. It did stop happening to me when I was about 21 and I do not miss it.
I could not talk to anyone about it at the time. The only person that I could of was my father but all the information I found on the subject was from his study that I was very forbidden to enter. It was a time long before the internet.
I still don't know if AP is a real phenomena or if all the practice just makes you able to remain conscious while your body is sleeping and it is all a very real feeling dream. In my mind it felt very real.
Good luck with your journey in this subject and I hope more people give you their input on it.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by d8track

Thanks d8track for sharing your experience.
I really want to do it, but I think the fact that I still don't have a clear reason/objective is what it's making it hard, besides the fact that I am afraid to run into some bad situations or entities.
Oh well, I'll just keep practicing and meditating!
all the best

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I think curiosity and the desire to expand consciousness is a good reason to want to try this. I would not be afraid of the bad entities. The term good and evil do not apply in this place. Those terms are created by us. I never got the impression that anything was trying to harm or scare me. Some might not be happy to see you. It did seem that there was entities trying to help me when I was confused and started to panic. The biggest thing to fear is fear itself. This is just my opinion and some may disagree.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

You have to understand why I wont generally post here...Its not something to flipantly throw out there. I wont subject myself to doubters or ridicule...and you know there both here on ATS.
It is too important to discuss openly. So I limit my replies and responses to those who are sincere about it. Its a gift, and not everyone believes it, nor takes it seriously.
I judge the honest requests by my feelings about the questioner...and I wont reply to everyone, nor here on forum...
I have sent you a U2U

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I just wanted to add what others may have forgotten to add: the popping sound.
When you willingly are trying to leave your body you hear a very loud bang just before it happens. I did it willingly in my teens ( I didn't need any reason besides curiosity.) and stopped because of the annoying , darn "bang" sound that would sometimes scare me back into my body, it was like a loud bang inside my ears, and if I was lucky enough to not react, then I could astral project, other times I would give up. Then fast forward a few years, when I was in my twenties, I wanted to see if I could still do it, and yes, it worked. Now in my 30's , yup tried it once a couple of months ago, and still works. I don't do this on a regular basis by free will as you can see , because it now happens to me sometimes when I'm asleep.

I will have a dream, that I left my body and am watching my hubby and I sleeping from above, then float to the kitchen , where the cat is trying to reach the counter with the leftovers. So yeah, the other posters are right, once you learn how to do this, it's like your body can do it automatically, while you are actually trying to sleep.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

thanks for your input

as far as I remember I don't think I have experienced the popping sound, but I think I have come close when I have felt very much like a bottle of champagne must feel when its about to pop, you know, the pressure of something about to burst. But that only happens when I try it consciously, in deep meditation, never spontaneously in my sleep.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Mysterious Stranger,

I definitely plan on messaging you soon. I can't do it now because i am still a new member and it won't let me. However, i feel like you know what you are talking about because i have seen your insights on other threads about this same topic. I am truly truly interested in the astral plane. I know there is more to this world than the physical. much, much more. I have done my research on different techniques and what to expect, but i would like to ask your views too! I hope to speak to you soon :]

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

How you doing knives?! I want to start by saying i have never AP'd, to my knowledge, but i have lucid dreamt before, which is a form of AP, just not fully APing. I HAVE done a decent amount of research however. You mentioned earlier that you have a small fear, or at least a concern, about "dark entities" possibly causing you harm or taking over your body etc. Well from what I have read, it isn't possible for these other entities to do anything to you. I think someone in this very thread said something about it being impossible also. Since i have never APd, i can't say "Just relax! They wont hurt you!" because regardless if they can actually do anything to you, they are still negative and letting off negative energy. But that's exactly what you will have to do, relax lol. Also, within the Astral Plane, there are different "levels" to speak. Its similar to radio frequencies. Different speeds of wavelengths produce different sounds. Well in the astral plane, its more vibrations than frequencies. The entities that are operating on a lower vibration are closer to the physical plane, where the entities with higher vibrations operate on a higher level within the astral. I say this because once you enter the astral, presumably that is, you can raise your own vibrations to become faster so you can enter different levels of the astral, thus leaving the lower vibrational entities behind where they should be!

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I've only projected once in my entire life and it was because I had a gothick persian sitting on top of me while I was asleep. He showed me a castle that sits in England and then he disappeared. Mental projections are awesome! Would come in handy at a tattoo shop!

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I found that it would never work for me when I was first going to sleep at night. Like others have said, wake up before you normally would. I'm 18 and have tried projecting since Feburary and I never got it until 4 days ago. The technique of waking up earlier works for me almost instantly, but that may be a result of preparing my mind for so long.

I recommend really making sure that you do not be afraid of it or research too much about others experiences. My second projection made me feel more fear than I have ever felt causing me to not sleep the night after. I'm not trying to scare you, just be prepared. It's extremely beautiful and a wonderful experience. Believe that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join