It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Synchronicity: New Age Movement 'Spiritual Awakening' or Exposure to WI FI Radiation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I've been experiencing incredible synchronicity lately and what has just happened really needs to be shared. I wasn't even looking for it, it just came whilst browsing an alternative news page.

Basically, I came across this article about 'Spiritual Awakening'-

www.wakingtimes.com...

This New Age type article basically lists all kinds of conditions, such as headaches, sleep problems, concentration problems, weakness, numbness, even digestive problems as linked to spiritually awakening.

About 10 minutes later, I came across this video about the dangers of WI FI radiation-

The symptoms for this electromagnetic radiation are listed in a New Age article as 'spiritual awakening'.

What the hell is really going on? Are headaches, dizziness, fatigue symptoms of radiation all around us, or spiritually awakening? What does this say about the author of that New Age article? Are we living in a world that is misleading and manipulating that open minded people are being convinced to ignore their growing body problems and dismiss them as symptoms of spiritual awakening?

Dizziness, concentration problems, fatigue, even rashes are listed as symptoms of spiritual awakening when in fact, they are considered by many as symptoms of exposure to WI FI radiation!! We have a list of symptoms and the author of that article wants us to ignore them and dismiss them as normal in the 'awakening' process.

Crazy!

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012

Dizziness, concentration problems, fatigue, even rashes are listed as symptoms of spiritual awakening when in fact, they are considered by many as symptoms of exposure to WI FI radiation!! We have a list of symptoms and the author of that article wants us to ignore them and dismiss them as normal in the 'awakening' process.

Crazy!

Lol is this a joke, or are you being completely serious?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k

Crazy!

Lol is this a joke, or are you being completely serious?

Cultural misunderstanding ahead:

Please clarify what you mean

You have people out there reading these articles believing that headaches and not sleeping properly are because they are spiritually awakening, when in fact they are suffering symptoms of being exposed to the radiation around them and all other horrendous things the human body endures in the 21st century.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

I agree. Passing off symptoms of something else as "spiritual awakening" is dangerous, if not outright criminal.

For one thing, there is no such phenomena known as "spiritual awakening". No such phenomena has happened throughout recorded history. Saying that there are symptoms related to such a non-event is absolutely absurd and could be life-threatening if taken seriously.

Take a look at this advice for insomnia:

Advice: Get used to it. Make peace with it and don’t worry about getting enough sleep (which often causes more insomnia). You will be able to make it through the day if you hold thoughts of getting just what you need. You can also request your Higher Self to give you a break now and then and give you a good, deep night’s sleep. If you can’t go back to sleep right away, use the waking moments to meditate, read poetry, write in your journal or look at the moon. Your body will adjust to the new pattern.

Since when does appealing to a Higher Self help with insomnia? What this "advice" amounts to is a guy pretending to know what he's talking about, all while pleasing his ego-driven desires to appear spiritual to others.

edit on 22-3-2013 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

I agree. Passing off symptoms of something else as "spiritual awakening" is dangerous, if not outright criminal.

For one thing, there is no such phenomena known as "spiritual awakening". No such phenomena has happened throughout recorded history. Saying that there are symptoms related to such a non-event is absolutely absurd and could be life-threatening if taken seriously.

Take a look at this advice for insomnia:

Advice: Get used to it. Make peace with it and don’t worry about getting enough sleep (which often causes more insomnia). You will be able to make it through the day if you hold thoughts of getting just what you need. You can also request your Higher Self to give you a break now and then and give you a good, deep night’s sleep. If you can’t go back to sleep right away, use the waking moments to meditate, read poetry, write in your journal or look at the moon. Your body will adjust to the new pattern.

Since when does appealing to a Higher Self help with insomnia? What this "advice" amounts to is a guy pretending to know what he's talking about, all while pleasing his ego-driven desires to appear spiritual to others.

edit on 22-3-2013 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

I actually do think mankind is awakening and the internet plays a major role, whether it is spiritual or not, I do not know.

Whoever wrote this article is either severly misled or is part of the agenda to downplay the symptoms of radiation exposure we are living in as a result of WI FI, mobile phones etc. That list highlights all the symtoms of electromagnetic sensitivity and as the video suggests, exposure to WI FI radiation.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
You DO know that visible light is far far more energetic than wi-fi radiation? You'd better stay inside, turn off the lights and black out the windows, because it's the same sort of radiation, only far more energetic and intense.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
You DO know that visible light is far far more energetic than wi-fi radiation? You'd better stay inside, turn off the lights and black out the windows, because it's the same sort of radiation, only far more energetic and intense.

So what are your views on spiritual awakening being linked to increasing weight, fatigue, sickness, unusual sleeping patterns etc?

Also, are you suggesting mobile phone, WI FI radiation etc is not harmful and completely safe and not in any way whatsover linked to headaches, dizziness etc?

edit on 22-3-2013 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

So what are your views on spiritual awakening being linked to increasing weight, fatigue, sickness, unusual sleeping patterns etc?

I don't believe in 'spiritual awakening' as I understand your view of it. It sounds more like too much stress to me.

Also, are you suggesting mobile phone, WI FI radiation etc is not harmful and completely safe and not in any way whatsover linked to headaches, dizziness etc?

Yes. It's EM. It's not ionizing. It's not as energetic as other EM you run into daily, such as light, and it's not qualitatively different than other EM in the same general wavelength, such as FM and TV stations. Were you having headaches and dizziness from TV stations before you first heard of wifi? No? Then it's probably a nocebo reaction on your part.

I'd have to see a very very good reason explaining how a UHF TV station is grossly unlike a wifi link. As yet, there is none.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Well that's good to know mobile phones and other forms of technology are completely safe and not responsible for headaches, dizziness, etc.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Do you feel these didn't exist before wifi? Do you think wifi is magically different from other types of radio emissions?

eta: Can you explain why double blinded tests of supposed 'electro-allergies' always fail to refute the null hypothesis? I mean, as many times as it's been tried legitimately, it really doesn't show anything statistically relevant.
edit on 22-3-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Most terrestrial tv stations operate at

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Do you feel these didn't exist before wifi? Do you think wifi is magically different from other types of radio emissions?

eta: Can you explain why double blinded tests of supposed 'electro-allergies' always fail to refute the null hypothesis? I mean, as many times as it's been tried legitimately, it really doesn't show anything statistically relevant.
edit on 22-3-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

I'm not arguing with you, I'm just saying it is good to know mobile phones, WI FI and other tech is completely safe and not harmful in any way.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by threewisemonkeys
reply to post by Bedlam

Most terrestrial tv stations operate at

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

There's this theory held by some also.

new topics

top topics

join