It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Small Win for Middle East Peace Process

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Obama has been much criticized during his recent trip to Israel. No one expected that Obama's current trip would solve the complex issues in the Middle East but I do think some important headway has been recently made. Israel apologizing for attacking a Turkish flotilla I believe is an important step in the right directiong to bringing stability to the region. Turkey is a vital ally as it is in close proximity to Syria and Iran and has stable economy and democratic government. For once, I'm happy to post some good news and actual progress in the region.

Israel and Turkey Vow to Work Together after Appology

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by IndianaJoe

Obama doesn't tell Israel, Israel tells Obama.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by binkbonk

That's funny because up until now Obama has been doing his own thing and ignoring Israel, that's why this trip is being talked about and portrayed as a big deal.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I agree, this is finally a step in the right direction. Still a long ways to go though but progress (however incrementally) none the less.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Obama doesn't do anything. He is not in charge of anything. He's a puppet. Its the world wrestling federation of politics. Why do people project credibility upon these shamsters...

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Israel did something right finally. every wrong act in the middle east would lead to a huge disaster.

edit on 22-3-2013 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
It's good that Israel and Turkey have mended their relations......they were historically more allies than foes. Turkey could be the real stabilizing force in the region. They need to step up to the plate.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
"Oh Turkey! We Israelis are so sorry about the flotilla incident which happened OVER 2 years ago."

"Hey Turkey....by the way we need your airspace to begin our bombing campaign on Iran. Can you help us out?"

This is no peace process, no mending of sore wounds.....Israel has a God damn agenda, period and end of story.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

this will be my only post in this section so I will be frank and to the point.

1. the Turkey and Israel thing, Obama did jack all since both parties never actually severed any ties
most were just visual and for looks as both countries kept their ties intact with Israel even supplying Turkey with drones and other military assets (most things said were just for show)

They still had diplomatic relations (just downgraded)

2. on the Palestine/Israel Issue he again has done jack all as Israel continue to expand settlements and further erode the possibilities of a Palestinian state.

which Israel is in Breach of

Article 49 - Population transfer
(The Occupying Power shall not deport or transfer parts of its own civilian population into the territory it occupies.)

The Transfer of Israeli settlers onto occupied territory and construction of settlements and outposts

Art. 53. Any destruction by the Occupying Power of real or personal property belonging individually or collectively to private persons, or to the State, or to other public authorities, or to social or cooperative organizations, is prohibited, except where such destruction is rendered absolutely necessary by military operations.

the Destruction of solar power plants, Roads, Bridges and homes is really to stop military threat

en.wikipedia.org... tion_III._Occupied_territories

so Even so Israel has signed these agreements and fails to adhere to it, Obama has told the Palestinians stuff you and stop asking Israel to stop expanding Settlements even so they are in the Wrong.

As Long as the US allows Israel to expand its boarders, the two state solution will remain a failure and the only option is a one state solution and the destruction of what the Israelis want which is a jewish nation.

3. the Syria conflict is becoming a Joke, we have Muslim Fanatics who have made it clear they want to make Syria a Islamic country under sharia law, so all the rights women have (going to school, driving and other liberties they enjoy is going to be thrown out the window.

even so we know there are fanatics in the Mix our leaders (I say our leaders as Cameron is in it as well) wants to arm the rebels with guns, (look what good it did in Libya as the guns the french gave are on the black market, along with surface to air missiles and other weapons which will be used against civilians in most cases by terrorists)

also with the UK and France breaking the arms embargo, Russia and China can turn around and carry on sending heavier weapons to Assad, making this already giant blood bath even more bloody

Obama is a bloody Joke of a Leader,
Hope my rear

edit on 25-3-2013 by bodrul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I think both tell each other, just through different mediums. The US through its well endowed military and financial resources it makes available to Israel, and Israel to the president through the Israel-lobby and the millions of pro-Israel Jewish voters.

new topics

top topics

join