It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Economy Could Be In Surplus In Less Than A Year With A 1% Wall Street Sales Tax

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

16 trillion dollars in debt more when people add up the total owed to them social programs are SCAMS worthy of all street.

What scams? You mean the Social Security program that people have paid into all their lives?

That is your solution, rob the SS plan to pay for the debts created by Wall Street crooks?

That is the repub plan.

That is dog dirty. That is evil.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

What scams?

Scams like SS indeed since a person only IS Paying 6% in to an account for over 30 years, someone else mathcing that contribution(the employer) at another 6% and the deficit is made up by taking money from other people.

So people only paid a pittance in that 6% and get more out.

Medicare works the same way as does every other government program.

That is your solution, rob the SS plan to pay for the debts created by Wall Street crooks?

My solution is people actually pay 100% of what they want instead up propping up government crooks.

That is dog dirty. That is evil.

What is evil is pushing corrupt government programs and lying to people they can't make it on their own.

I have more faith in my fellow man unlike the majority in this thread.
edit on 24-3-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

It is a scam, and the sooner we get rid of it the better off we will be. Government has no place in providing it anyway, let me decide what I want to invest in.

As to those who have paid all their lives into it, they should be able to receive it until they die. But there should be a cut off point - and yes, I will be one of those who will have paid into it for decades but won't receive anything.

(I feel it won't be around when I am of an age to receive it anyway as it is unsustainable)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

I don't get their "logic"

The average SS check for million of Amerikans is 1000 a month times 12 months amounts to 12k a year

Compared to a Wall Street investment that would be worth consdierably more for the same duration and people would not have to beg government to get it, and can be used at any time during their lives.

Makes no damn sense to me.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

The charts provided by the heritage foundation are known to be skewed to paint social welfare programs as evil a

No they aren't the reason they aren't is this thread, tax them rich folk because they are spending too much.

16 trillion dollars in debt more when people add up the total owed to them social programs are SCAMS worthy of all street.

Tho none will ever admit it. first in first out leave others holding the bag this case "Wall Street".

Every developed country has some form of social retirement plan along with medicare and medicaid provided and managed by the government. Only in america this is not good enough? I explained WHY the funds are going dry and instead of putting blame on crony/mismanaged capitalism run out of wall street with bought-out politicians, you give wall street a clean bill of health. That is preposterous!

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Everything the emoyee pays, including that part we don't see on our paychecks, must be earned be the employee, or else it would not be economically feasible to employ that person.

Nice to see that you admit your answer is to rob from the middle class and give to the super rich.

Anyone who is not rich, net worth up in the 10 mil plus range would be a fool to support the repub plan. Voting against their own best wishes, and everyone they know.

How could anyone get that brainwashed?

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Every developed country has some form of social retirement plan along with medicare and medicaid provided and managed by the government.

Who cares as if that legitiimizes anything hell someone else does means we should to doesn't fly for me.

WHY the funds are going dry and instead of putting blame on crony/mismanaged capitalism run out of wall street with bought-out politicians

So if politicians are "bought out" why the hell would anyone support anything they create?

That doesn't make a lick of sense.

you give wall street a clean bill of health

As previously stated Government blows money Wall street makes money

That is preposterous!

I agree this thead and tax the 1% and the vilification of Wall Street is preposterous of course that is something Amerikans have heard for over 100 years.

Be nice if people had something new to say.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Wrong again.

While the stock market climbs, most 401k plans and private pension plans are in the red, robbed by Wall Street crooks.

Pathetic!

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Everything the emoyee pays, including that part we don't see on our paychecks, must be earned be the employee, or else it would not be economically feasible to employ that person

So how is the employer matching SS benefits earned?

That contribution isn't. been paying attention to the current state of the union 50 million on welfare 10-25 million unemployed means it is not "economical feasible" to give people everything they WANT.

Nice to see that you admit your answer is to rob from the middle class and give to the super rich.

Only people i see robbing anyone is the middle class and poor make them evil rich folk pay for their existence.

As the numbers show the poor and middle class get the majority of federal spending in this country tho some will never admit it.

I wonder why people don't bother to read this article?

online.wsj.com...

Most likely they are the ones who are "brainwashed".

link   

Originally posted by neo96

Scams like SS indeed since a person only IS Paying 6% in to an account for over 30 years, someone else mathcing that contribution(the employer) at another 6% and the deficit is made up by taking money from other people.

So people only paid a pittance in that 6% and get more out.

Medicare works the same way as does every other government program.

Well obviously if more people draw from the trust than deposit, YES the funds go dry! AND money from the trust has been diverted toward other programs such as funding the war campaigns and DHS. Why are there not enough people working? There are not enough decent paying jobs out there....it is called outsourcing and automation with destroyed unions.

My solution is people actually pay 100% of what they want instead up propping up government crooks.

Ah so instead of fix a problem lets prop up the criminals who create all the problems. No sense do you make!

What is evil is pushing corrupt government programs and lying to people they can't make it on their own.

I have more faith in my fellow man unlike the majority in this thread.

The solution is don't vote for democrats, republicans and libertarians. Study the ballots before you go vote next time and stop blaming the invisible "government". The people who manage government are the elected officials that stupid people vote for and they always vote wrong. The permanent beauracrats get orders from the elected politicians.

I am not sure if you are ignorant, or just like pretending to be so, to further some sinister agenda. Right wingers accuse left wingers of "emotion and lack of logic when it comes to gun control" but they lack much themselves when it comes to economics. Pot meet kettle!

link   
reply to post by neo96

Wall street doesnt make money, they steal money, because morons buy the nonsense you post.

High taxes on the rich, and strong regulation of corporations works just fine.

That is how the WW II gen did it.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by neo96

Wrong again.

While the stock market climbs, most 401k plans and private pension plans are in the red, robbed by Wall Street crooks.

Pathetic!

I see a lot of RED numbers here but that isn't Wall Street we are talking about.

online.wsj.com...

Whoops meant this link www.usdebtclock.org... both work anyways.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You need a overhaul in ALL branches of Government to make any type of fix to work, namely Politicians who don't care about their fellow Americans. If we don't have the right people in charge, we will continue down this spiral of do nothing Government.

We need smaller Government !

Entitlements need an overhaul. Tax structure needs an Overhaul. Loopholes need to end. Everyone, rich or poor needs to understand that hard decisions will mean sacrifice, Regardless of cost. And........ Current bill and laws, such as Obamacare cannot and should not be enacted.

If the President really wanted to change how America views his persona, he would make the toughest decision he cant make. That is do away with Obamacare, and stop polarizing this Nation. Unfortunately, he only cares about his Agenda, Not the welfare of this Country.

It would be easier for America to swallow a 1% Wall Street Tax, if he were to make compromises. He has shown though his Agenda of pushing things America doesn't want, and it has made this Country weaker here, and abroad.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Well obviously if more people draw from the trust than deposit, YES the funds go dry! AND money from the trust has been diverted toward other programs such as funding the war campaigns and DHS.

Yes people do get more than pay in to it and no :

Both those were already posted in this thread and get ignored.

Ah so instead of fix a problem lets prop up the criminals who create all the problems. No sense do you make!

Yes people actually paying 100% for their retirement makes no sense

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Wall street doesnt make money, they steal money, because morons buy the nonsense you post.

Do tell how does Wall Street "steal" money printed out of thin air?

When "morons" call up the federal reserve and says print a few trillion that devalues every single person money in this country including Wall Street.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

They don't want to fix the problems that would put them out of a job, reduce their power the more problems they create means "job security".

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
How about instead of taxing the crap out of people's life long savings we just instead put a 90 percent tax on the income of everyone proposing new taxes to solve all the problems. I'd like to see how you would react to our government saying they are going to take one percent of your money every year you have money in the bank when you've been saving it up your whole life for retirement. Instead let's just cut to the chase, everyone who wants more taxes gets a 50 percent tax increase out of their pay check or unemployment income. That way the government doesn't even have to wait for you to save it for retirement.

This one percent proposal would tax the middle class an enormous amount if they've been saving up for retirement. It isn't much different than proposing the government take a certain percentage of everyone's money that they have in the bank every time they make a deposit or withdrawal or just because they have it. Saying you are for it is about the same as saying you are ok with stealing people's life long savings. This would not bother me as much if it applied only to people with million dollar incomes but it doesn't. Young people will need close to a million dollars or more to retire in the future considering you only get paid a certain portion of the savings every year and you don't work until you die. How would you like it if you work hard for 30 years saving money each year, then along comes a bunch of people who say they will solve all the problems by taxing your retirement money every time you buy and sell something? In the future one million might be like 10 thousand is now.

So you saved up one million after working all your life. Now they want to take $10,000 if you buy a stock with the money. Then when you sell it, they take another 10,000. You may have lost money on the deal due to the government taxing it to death. I think the solution becomes to sell everything and hold cash. Stock market crashes. No one is buying any stocks. Companies are going out of business due to not enough capital to run markets. Massive unemployment happens. There, one percent tax, economy in ruins.
Sorry for the rant but this idea of making things better by stealing from people who have been working all their lives to save money for retirement just makes me

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
"Our Economy Could Be In Surplus In Less Than A Year With A 1% Wall Street Sales Tax"

As Aerosmith so nicely put it in one of their best songs:

"Dream On"

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by CristobalColonic

Originally posted by Kali74
A 1% Wall Street Sales Tax

I don't think so, Tim...

Are you aware that a good number of poster's on this site are too young to have any idea of the reference you are making. The "Greed is Good" reference.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

Required viewing.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join