It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Economy Could Be In Surplus In Less Than A Year With A 1% Wall Street Sales Tax

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The concepts of Unions and Corporations aren't bad, but allowing money to equal free speech corrupted them both. There's plenty of good Unions and plenty of good Corporations. The problem comes in with size and money, more importantly that money equals free speech. It doesn't, money is money and speech is speech. When you allow money to equal speech you are creating an inequality among We the People. I don't have 10,000 dollars to open a Representatives door, do you? Exxon does, AT&T does and, your favorite, GM does. I don't have 100,000 to sway their opinion on a law either.

edit on 22-3-2013 by Kali74 because: Hit reply too soon

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Star for you there.
With that power comes responsibility and the ones with the big pocket books are blaming it on everyone else.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Those evil rich folks have taken over our government by fooling people like you into thinking representative government is a bad thing.

They have the money they stole from the people of the U.S. through an insane lust for money and power. The super rich are proof that crime does pay, all you need to do is read biographies about these people.

The biggest scam of all time is banking, and has been since JC tipped over the tables of the money exchangers.

Most of the money being spent by government these days goes straight into the pockets of the ICBs, because people bought into the great lie of the free market. When they tell you it is free, grab your wallet and hold on tight.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jacobe001

Actually as a citizen, as long as I still have "Freedom of Speech" I can say it

Yep everyone does have "freedom of speech" right up until it becomes dogma and that dogma becomes law then it becomes my business.

The regulations also, anyways as of late, have had nothing to do with helping the people, but regulating small competition out of the way, so the big boys at the top grow bigger,

So knowing the failure of regulation why support more of it?

Since that is what taxation is.

Many on this forum have expressed consent that they would like Wall Street Transactions taxed,

Doesn't make them right all it is is people using their "freedom of speech" which is nothing but opinons.

And the Wall Street is evil opinion is over 100 years old every action taken does not nor will it ever fix anything, but compounds that "problem".

They may pass something perhaps that would effect the little people, but the Big Dogs go free.

They make the bulk of their wealth offshore which should be no surprise considering all things that is what happens when people break free from the chains of the us government,.

However feel free to chain until there is none left, I can tell people where to find them places like China, and India etc but they won't be here.
edit on 22-3-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by neo96

The concepts of Unions and Corporations aren't bad, but allowing money to equal free speech corrupted them both. There's plenty of good Unions and plenty of good Corporations. The problem comes in with size and money, more importantly that money equals free speech. It doesn't, money is money and speech is speech. When you allow money to equal speech you are creating an inequality among We the People. I don't have 10,000 dollars to open a Representatives door, do you? Exxon does, AT&T does and, your favorite, GM does. I don't have 100,000 to sway their opinion on a law either.

edit on 22-3-2013 by Kali74 because: Hit reply too soon

After 12 pages and endless threads vilfying corporations now someone says "corporations aren't all bad".

Sorry the overriding theme here is they are evil incarnate hence the support for taxing them etc.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Business regulation has worked fine in the past.

The founders of the U.S. knew that, they were completely for the regulation of bankers and all corporations.

The WW II Gen was all for regulations of corporations ( AND UNIONs).

I guess according to you, they didn't know what they were doing.

The super rich steal the lions share of their money from the U.S. economy. Cut them off, cut the ICBs down to size, and the U.S. economy will grow and prosper, as it has every time this has been done.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

However feel free to chain until there is none left, I can tell people where to find them places like China, and India etc but they won't be here

Then zaijian and alavidā, out with the old make way for the new.
edit on 22-3-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Those evil rich folks have taken over our government by fooling people like you into thinking representative government is a bad thing.

Really whose is being fooled here this is like a broken record the rich are evil.......a representative government actually represents EVERYONE,.

They have the money they stole from the people of the U.S.

So tell me how can someone steal something they never had, furthermore how can they steal something that doesn't exist, that is printed out of nothing?

Government prints money Wall Street makes money Politicians blow money, and some people sure do love to cry about money.

Meh

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Not really. You're simply seeing what you want to see.
As usual.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Business regulation has worked fine in the past.

Tell that to 50 million Amerkans on welfare,

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Just like people, corporation can become evil when they are allowed to get by with run away crime, which is why they should be regulated. The free market concept has corrupted the system so badly that everyone is on the take these days, like some third world nation.

Corporations should pay tax just like everyone else, in their propensity to pay.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by neo96

Not really. You're simply seeing what you want to see.
As usual.

As oppose to the rich and corporations are evil and telling everyone they should hate them?

No matter what Destroy them!

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by neo96

Just like people, corporation can become evil when they are allowed to get by with run away crime, which is why they should be regulated. The free market concept has corrupted the system so badly that everyone is on the take these days, like some third world nation.

Corporations should pay tax just like everyone else, in their propensity to pay.

Just like people, corporation can become evil

Wait what?

How are they evil that would imply they are people so what way is it?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

The regulations also, anyways as of late, have had nothing to do with helping the people, but regulating small competition out of the way, so the big boys at the top grow bigger,

So knowing the failure of regulation why support more of it?

Since that is what taxation is.

I had this argument with another person about the lack of regulations in China.
They retorted with there are plenty of regulations in China, and there is.

The air, water and ground pollution is atrocious in China.
The Fake Poisonous products they sell is also rampant.

But none of the regulations are designed to help the little people, but to help the state owned enterprises to grow bigger and bigger.

Just like what is happening in the US.

I am for regulations (Protections) against corrupt people.
The regulations as of late have been about none of that.

Money can be used as a form of regulation to keep people in check from taking advantage of others, such as in the case of property tax, otherwise, those with wealth would buy it all up and the rest would be living as serfs.

The military is also a form of regulation controlling others, and protecting people from corrupt countries and other people.I am sure you agree with that aspect?

The police force also acts as a regulatory body keeping citizens in check, when carried out correctly to the wishes of society.

The difference lies in what you agree with to regulate and what not to regulate.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it is probably a duck.

So tell me how can someone steal something they never had, furthermore how can they steal something that doesn't exist, that is printed out of nothing?

Um, that is how theft works. Someone has something a criminal wants, so they take it by hook or by crook.

Convince people that you have created something of worth, and you can steal people blind.

When you start asking questions like this, it is a good sign that you have had the wool pulled over your eyes.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I'm not saying that and never have. Being rich isn't evil. Getting rich isn't evil. Corporations aren't evil and neither are Unions. That doesn't change the fact that several large Corporations and several very wealthy people are controlling our government. They are buying the lawmakers. They are behind the wheel. Now, personally I feel there's a better way, a people power way to keep it all in check, but aside from that I'm just calling them out on their crap. That is NOT the same thing as stating rich is evil.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jacobe001

But none of the regulations are designed to help the little people, but to help the state owned enterprises to grow bigger and bigger.

There is your answer to the American government regulation does not but help the state grow bigger.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

f it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it is probably a duck.

And the point is?

Um, that is how theft works. Someone has something a criminal wants, so they take it by hook or by crook.

Exactly how government works

Convince people that you have created something of worth, and you can steal people blind.

Money has no value other than what society places on it

People do need to open their eyes fiat currency.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Stock trading creates short sighted business models. What the heck are you rambling about? Tax the vampires and heal the nation. Either that or unload all military industrial complex funds, one or the other.

I am so tired of stupid brainwashed greedy cowardly idiots.

Home of the free and the brave? What a farce, you are neither brave nor free.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

After 12 pages and endless threads vilfying corporations now someone says "corporations aren't all bad".

Sorry the overriding theme here is they are evil incarnate hence the support for taxing them etc.

Can you read Neo?

The concepts of Unions and Corporations aren't bad, but allowing money to equal free speech corrupted them both.

I know I have made it perfectly clear that meddling in the government by Big Business and Banks is my main gripe.

There are thousands of corporations and banks in this country that are successful on their own without using the government to prop them up. They are not evil.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join