Netanyahu APOLOGIZES to Turkey for deadly 2012 Flotilla Raid

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

JERUSALEM — Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Friday apologised to Turkey for a deadly 2010 flotilla raid and announced a full resumption of diplomatic ties as well as compensation for the families of those killed, his office said.

www.google.com...

MAking amends before the Israeli/Iranian war? You have to know who is with you and who is not, yes?

I think he knows Obama will not give the green light, so Israel must make the first pre-emptive move and have America dragged into it after US bases, mainly in Iraq, will be hit by Iran.

OR Obama provided a check list first Israel must comply with before anything goes forth?

Whats your take?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I can't help but wonder if he will send the family of the American born Turkish kid the same jestures.
I Wonder if Obama even said anything to him about it, or are American kids really that expendable.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Wow, I didn't think Israel would have ever publicly apologized for that incident.

You raise some good points in the OP. Why now? It's a little hard to believe that Netanyahu suddenly decided to try and clear a guilty conscience. Certainly makes one wonder what else may be going on.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I wonder what was said behind closed doors between Obama and the Israeli PM. Perhaps Obama told some home truths but also wants to contain the Syrian war as well. No good having tensions raised further with Turkey and Israel coming to blows as well. Maybe ET is getting annoyed and is sending Obama round to sort things out in the Middle East.

Who knows. Perhaps Israel will apologise for the settlement building in Gaza and pull out. They ought to.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

The war on war crimes
The Turkel Committee wanted what is best for Israel and the IDF. Now we must demand that the government and army not engage in foot-dragging or try to sweep the report's important conclusions under the carpet, but instead implement them promptly, exactly as written.

The Turkel Committee, set up to investigate the botched raid on a Turkish-sponsored flotilla to Gaza in 2010, served up a surprise in the second part of its report, which was published Wednesday. It made a long list of dramatic recommendations for how Israel should investigate suspected war crimes by its troops.

Cool heads prevailed in Israel .

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Turkey is an important ally to the U.S and I guess there have been some pressure applied to Israel in return for an attack on Iran.

The heat is certainly being turned up on Iran and the U.S know they need Turkey on side, especially if they are going to be using their airspace for bombing raids.

The only way Iran can prevent an attack is to have a nuclear deterrent, if they continue down that path, they will be attacked. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

new topics

top topics

join