It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health Insurers Warn on Premiums

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

So if we dig deeper it is really meant to make sure everyone is under government control. When it comes to that everything they deem unsafe will put you on a list and cost you. This will include gun ownership, many sports, eating habits, anything that they do not like. Why does this sound like something I have read in a book?

Raist

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

I'm curious to know why they are "warning" us on increases in their premiums, considering that they've been increasing their premiums significantly since well before Obama's healthcare law:

Me thinks this is just an excuse to continue jacking up the prices as they've always done. Are we lead to believe this is all because of Obama? Or we also lead to believe that if we give more tax cuts to these corporations, they wouldn't be jacking up the prices? Who's delusional enough to believe these things?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Yeah I read about something along these lines too.
Can't remember the name, something manifesto?
Or maybe Plato or something.
I don't know. Move along.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

As I mentioned in the OP I think it has something to do with the increase in the health screenings. I brought up the CVS health screening, in that thread not only is CVS doing that, so is my place of work and many others.

They (the insurance companies) are getting your numbers (BMI, cholesterol, and asking questions about your habits of eating, drinking smoking, and exercise). That said my numbers rocked, I scored high on the questionnaire, but is still bugs me. I know they are still looking for a reason to charge even more.

I know they are increasing rates. I believe I even mentioned it in a post in this thread. In the last 10 years my insurance rates have in creased all but one and they increased this year despite doing good on the health screening. The only thing the screening did was keep me from paying another $900 a year.

The insurance companies now have to cover everyone. For the price of that you will have to play their game and pay a lot of money to do it.

Raist

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Isnt it hilarious that some of the poorest people in a country are the most patriotic? The reason I mention this, is because insurance companies, by and large, are LOADED, and yet, when they might be expected to keep costs to a bare minimum as part of THIER patriotic duty to thier nation, they somehow avoid it. Businesses are considered persons under the law as far as I know. I may not agree with it, but doesnt that mean that businesses ought to be doing all they can for the greater good, just as much as each person ought to?

I find this headline pathetic, but pretty much predictable.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

The headline is exactly as the article has as per the rules. Why is it pathetic?

Yes business is considered a person by law. I agree with private business being ran as the owner sees fit. None of these are private business though. Their ownership is split.

Is it okay for a government and big business to rape the middle class?

Raist

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The math seems very shaky to me on the Govt's side. With the added provisions, ie no excluding for preexisting conditions and keeping kids on the parents insurance longer it really necessitates increased premiums for all to cover that. And that's just two of the things that change.

I really don't see how they are expecting people who currently can't afford healthcare coverage in the $600+/month range to suddenly find it affordable now that the government will put up $200/month in subsidies for it..... those people don't have the $400+/ month of disposable income to do it.

There is no way rates stabilize let alone fall....... we are all going to be paying more for health care and get less service at the same time.

I really think it's the government's plan to make this all fail so "single payer healthcare" can be the only alternative.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are,
'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
Ronald Reagan
40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

That is where the fines start. If you do not pay the fines I guess you could go to jail. If you have an income though you will be expected to have insurance.

Raist

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntelRetard
Another poor tax. I always said. It's expensive to be poor!

And now that it's a law that you have to have health insurance, the insurance companies can legally rape us. And, it sounds like they're going to do just that.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
This is impossible! According to all the Obamacare supporters it is supposed to be free health care for all! It was supposed to be a step in the right direction to making sure that all Americans have access to health care and better lives because of it!

What happened? Are you telling me that we were lied to by the Obamacare proponents?

Most transparent administration yet..... PFFT!

I hate to defend Obama, but not once did he ever offer to give the american people free health care....he said you want health care, I will make sure you get it.....sadly people only hear what they want to hear.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

Oh we all have healthcare for sure. Get ready to be raped, it is time to pay for what was asked for.

Raist

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist

Oh we all have healthcare for sure. Get ready to be raped, it is time to pay for what was asked for.

Raist

Raped, hog tied and ball gagged if we dont buy health insurance!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Even if you buy it they will rape you.

Lost of places are stating the health screening. When everyone has insurance that will be mandatory. They will charge you for everything that they deem unhealthy.

Raist

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad

Originally posted by SpaDe_
This is impossible! According to all the Obamacare supporters it is supposed to be free health care for all! It was supposed to be a step in the right direction to making sure that all Americans have access to health care and better lives because of it!

What happened? Are you telling me that we were lied to by the Obamacare proponents?

Most transparent administration yet..... PFFT!

I hate to defend Obama, but not once did he ever offer to give the american people free health care....he said you want health care, I will make sure you get it.....sadly people only hear what they want to hear.

Maybe go back and take another listen to what was originally being sold to the American people. If you made under $40,000 and had a family of 4 you paid in next to nothing, and if you made less than that it was FREE. That goal post has since been moved way back to $20,000 for a family of 4 and maybe even further.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

No... I dont think that there is any way to legitimise anyone getting unfairly treated by government or indeed private enterprise.

This is an utter disgrace.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

This is and was a predictable consequence.

When will people get it, central planing doesnt work.

You cant just wage a magic wand and make everything great.

When you mandate or force certain provisions on businesses, it will increase costs.

Stop giving insurance companies an incentive to constantly raise costs by subsidizing the cost of insurance. Get rid of the monopoly structure and force insurance companies to compete for your insurance dollar.

Lowered costs and better care will be the result.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

First, that graph is well.

Workers' salaries have outpaced inflation.... I mean wow.

Is the rest as inaccurate?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

Yes I have to agree with this too, I also read that some groups claim that Obama set up the healthcare reform for failure from the beginning to open the door to universal health care under one of the entitlement programs.

We will wait and see.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Could increase? A moot point!

I just signed up for my "open enrollment" until such and such date. The only insurance I could really afford without going broke, or just feel I was spending my blood, sweat and tears for nothing has a $3000 deductible.

Unless I get in a major accident, or some terminal disease, in which I will come up with 3K. To hell with them. I'm keeping my blood sweat and tears.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ElleLachyme

And that is how the insurance companies will get their money out of the people that are young and with not health care needs.

As the deductibles are up in the range of 2000 to 5000 dollars this days, if people were informed enough reading the hardships that Massachusetts citizens are having with their bastardized version of "universal' health care people will find out that they can not afford to go to a doctor because they can not pay that 2 to 5000 deductibles and add the cost of medications.

But you still have to pay your insurance fees, that is beside the deductibles.

Sadly this is how insurance work and make their profits, if you are a very sick person that required constant medical care and do not make enough to pay that deductible right away you will be in trouble.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join