It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health Insurers Warn on Premiums

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Health Insurers Warn on Premiums

online.wsj.com

Health insurers are privately warning brokers that premiums for many individuals and small businesses could increase sharply next year because of the health-care overhaul law, with the nation's biggest firm projecting that rates could more than double for some consumers buying their own plans.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
online.wsj.com
articles.washingtonp ost.com
www.forbes.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
CVS Hijacks Their Employee's Bodies

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
So here it is there is a thread on ATS now about CVS wanting employees to do a screening to get a deduction on their premiums.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Really the cost went up any way you just get fined more if you do not do the screening. The place I work did the same thing and for the family plan if you do not get "compliant" it will cost you over $900 extra a year.

The projections, made in sessions with brokers and agents, provide some of the most concrete evidence yet of how much insurance companies might increase prices when major provisions of the law kick in next year

It seems we are screwed. Also come 2014 if you do not have insurance you will be fined.
www.bizfilings.com...

Raist

online.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Another poor tax. I always said. It's expensive to be poor!

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The piper demands payment.

The nation’s big health insurers say they expect premiums — or the cost for insurance coverage — to rise from 20 to 100 percent for millions of people due to changes that will occur when key provisions of the Affordable Care Act roll out in January 2014.

articles.washingtonpost.com...

Insurance companies are collecting data. Those deems unhealthy will pay more, well we all are getting ready to pay more a lot more, but those deemed unhealthy will be really paying.

Several warned about this. We knew it was coming. Insurance companies are not going to just take care of everything without getting their pay as well. They will cover anyone now, but they are doing so with a smile and a knife hidden behind their back. They are going to bleed every last penny from the working Americans.

Raist

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Wasn't there a law suit, trying to stop this asinine healthcare crap? What ever happened to that?

When my company is forced to stop paying for ours, I'm going to have to switch to whatever religion is exempt, at least on paper.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This is impossible! According to all the Obamacare supporters it is supposed to be free health care for all! It was supposed to be a step in the right direction to making sure that all Americans have access to health care and better lives because of it!

What happened? Are you telling me that we were lied to by the Obamacare proponents?

Most transparent administration yet..... PFFT!

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
No to forget that the insurance companies mobsters no only get to milk away the consumer by law thanks to the whores in congress, but while increasing premiums specially with the new "fees" for pre existing conditions, they are going to get free tax dollars to get their scam system implemented with all the nice loopholes that the whores in congress forgot to plug before they sign the "corporate insurance companies bailout"

Sometimes I wonder about the way of thinking when it comes to anybody that supports this scam of a bill.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

And free checks for the poor, don't forget that, poor people are expecting their free checks along with the welfare ones to buy insurance.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
but... but... but... obama said Obamacare will be cheaper.....

The freakin people that believe this guy are true sheeples.

my healthcare has already gone up 40% in the last two years with less service. great! I have to pay even more of my "fair share"
edit on 22-3-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by SpaDe_

And free checks for the poor, don't forget that, poor people are expecting their free checks along with the welfare ones to buy insurance.

Oh I totally forgot about that! The free money to purchase your healthcare coverage with.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Do not worry. Before long your religious beliefs will not matter. It certainly does not to those in the thread about the Domino Farms guy.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am not saying I agree with his beliefs but the government and many of the posters are taking a crap on his beliefs. He does not wish to pay his part of BC because of his religion. It does not matter any more. Piss on your religious beliefs. Everyone will pay and everyone will take part. Next comes the mandatory flu shots and what ever else. They are already working on building your digital medical background.

You will be part of the system, you will obey, you will conform.

Raist

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Insurance will happily cover everyone. They are also going to happily take most of your earnings while taxes take the rest.

The government was in the pockets of the insurance companies all along. I know it sounds odd and is a lot to take in. I will give you a moment to accept it. After that you must know you are part of the system. You are government property.

Raist

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Very well said. They are whores. They take money and sell the working class for the pleasures of who ever pays them.

Raist

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The truth Obamacare doesn't want healthy younger working class people to know.

Just like SS and Medicaid and Medicare entitlement programs they need to force the younger healthy generation to pay for the ones sick and in need of health care because insurance companies and the government are spending too much supporting the ailing in the nation

So all the younger generation are been punished for being healthy.
Yes I can see the socialized medicine here, but also the private health care needs their profits after all as part of the corrupted capitalism in the nation, so yes you are going to get hit no one but many times over to pay for the rest because after all profits needs to be maintain with the sweat of your working back.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

I have said a few times that since I have been at my current job regardless of getting raises I have not gotten a raise. In the last 10 years insurance has went up 9 times, and 2 of those years we did not get raises. This year I had to get compliant and report my health numbers to the insurance company or pay another $900 a year for family insurance. Sure they added vision this year but I cannot afford that extra cost. I could use the extra coverage though.

Raist
edit on 3/22/13 by Raist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

I should feel angry when watching videos like that, but trustfully all I see is how gullible people in this nation are, how a few pennies thrown in the air for the poor and needy keep the working class been nothing but slave to the system.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

The number of gullible are large on all sides. I see those that seemingly believe every bit of drivel that comes out of the mouths of those scum. It makes me sad, mad, and feel a bit defeated at times. It is like literally talking to a rock at times. Their favorite politician can do no wrong, they would never lie. As long as they have one talking point that meets the needs of a few people they will believe everything they say.

Raist

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Have you read into this new charade from the insurance companies now, because they are afraid that their profits will take a hit if they can not get the younger generation slaves to hurry up and give away their hard earned dollars for the profit cause.

Are you ready for Obamacare's 'Mandate Plus?'

Well this is no a hoax and neither propaganda, this is what the health insurance scummiest have under their sleeve if they can not get a bigger enrollment to avoid a downfall of their profits.

They want the mandate to extend into more penalties and fees for no getting your salve impose insurance.

The individual mandate penalties will be pretty weak as they are phased in over two years - only $95 when they start in 2014, much less than it costs to buy insurance. And yet, everyone with pre-existing conditions will have to be accepted for coverage right away.

That's why insurance companies are telling the administration the mandate won't be enough for the first two years. They want more incentives - such as a late enrollment fee - to get healthy people to sign up quickly. Without getting the healthy folks in, the fear is that everyone's health insurance premiums could shoot through the roof when all those sick people get their coverage.

The idea is being called "mandate plus" - because some of the ideas were floated by health experts last year as replacements, in case the Supreme Court struck the mandate down. Now that the mandate is here to stay, insurance companies and some policy experts say the other ideas should go hand in hand with the coverage requirement to make the whole system work - and be affordable.

States, after having to take the 15 million of new people that will qualify for Medicaid will have no other choice but to increase taxes on the healthy individuals also to pay for this new increase.

People forget that is no only the Federal Government imposing new taxes for the healthcare but the states will be forced to do so too

This are the taxes that will not be included in the overall taxes that the Federal Government have for the tax payer with Obamacare, but they will be there nerveless.

Get ready for all the penalties, fees and local taxes to hit your pocket and no this is not scaremongering is reality the reality that Obamacare doesn't want you to know.

www.americanthinker.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Yeah I kind of gave up on hopes of having money.

The more I read about this "great new" healthcare reform we got the more I know we are getting screwed more in the coming years. Sad thing is my fellow Americans wanted this, they begged for it and praised those who said they would bring this. Now look, we have been sold to the highest bidder.

Raist

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

obamacare is meant to destroy the insurance industry.

ten years from now, we will all be on medicaid.

private insurance will be to expensive, and everyone will just opt to pay the fine instead.

unless of course you work for the feds, or are worth millions...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join