It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kraft Macaroni & Cheese - Response on Color

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
reply to post by chrismarco

It might not be worth it.

Those pricey “natural” and “organic” hot dogs often contain just as much or more of the cancer-linked preservatives nitrate and nitrite as that old-fashioned Oscar Mayer wiener.

“If you actually surveyed consumers going out of their way to buy no-nitrate products, they’d be very surprised to learn that there’s plenty of nitrates in there,”

I'm saying this isn't what is happening but coming from the source, this could also very well be propaganda to fool consumers into returning to "normal" hot dogs since people that want a hot dog will eat one anyway.

I'll probably stick to reading the ingredients instead of listening to TPTB controlled NY times.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Canuck says, "Keep your damn hands off of my KD."
It predates WW2. Been a staple here forever. I don't see any third arms or eyes because of eating it. Hell, each generation in my family continues 5-10 years extra with each generation so KD can't be killing us.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
What colour is macaroni cheese over there? Here it's pale yellow...because it contains cheese. Why do they feel they need to put colourings into something that is practically white anyway? I'm shocked at the difference in food standards in the US to the UK. We've got the slight problem of 'uh-oh' wrong meat again syndrome but many products are free from artificial colours and flavourings. I don't trust the FDA one bit!

I never made eating a hobby or an addiction so i dont understand it either. I dont think macaroni and cheese is always white either. There may also be some issues distinguishing between different foods if it were not for color variations. Yellow American cheese and white cheese comes to mind. As far as obesity, i think that humans are predisposed to oral fixation which is hard coded into us from nursing at the breast and accounts for a propensity of cigarette smoking - IMHO

edit on 25-3-2013 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Along with all of these good things people are saying - my 2 cents - I hope everyone is using butter and not using "margarine".
Also, look into coconut oil - instead of others - olive oil is good.
I'm 50 years old - remember the big vats of crisco lard? and Tang? OMG
Everything in moderation is good for the health. That is the general rule of thumb for cooking in our house. We try to avoid processed food as much as we can for the most part.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join