It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superbeings and the universe.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Hello, ATS!

This is my first thread and I thought this topic would be a great place to start. I'd like to begin by saying that I don't base any of this information solely on fact, this is simply my thoughts and ideas, as I would like it if you could post your thoughts also in the reply section.

After reading a thread a little while back stating that scientists have discovered the universe resembles a brain cell. After seeing that, and having that idea in my head I began to think... Not just about the universe and brain cells, but how that could relate to religion and other things.
(For those who have not seen the thread I am referring to you can find it here )
You may be asking yourself how that could relate religion, but think of it this way, in our brain we have millions, if not, billions of brain cells that combine to form our brain. If you think of our entire universe as one brain cell, that would mean that there are millions, or billions, of universes (or brain cells) that form one HUGE brain in comparison to us. Based upon the Michio Kaku videos I have seen where he describes string theory in a way that makes sense to average people, it is a theory that states there is not just one universe, but rather multiple universes connected by wormholes. ( I can't link any of his videos because I currently don't have access to youtube, but if you search "Michio Kaku" I'm sure you'll find it.)

"How does any of that relate to religion?" You might be asking, allow me to elaborate on this idea. If you are still thinking of the universe as part of a giant brain cell that is part of an even larger brain, what would that brain be for? Possibly a superbeing, which could be what many religions refer to as "God" or "Gods" in polytheistic religions. I believe that somehow, a select few humans managed to know about these superbeings and the only way they could describe them is as "God" the ruler of mankind. In polytheistic religions, they could have gotten a glimpse of more than one of these superbeings, which is where they got the idea that there are multiple gods.

An important idea that is required for this idea to make absolute sense is, the idea that time is not consistent amongst all beings. By this I mean, that a year for one of these "Superbeings" could be over 10 million years for us.

I'd like to conclude my thoughts on this by saying, if you think of the universe in this way would that mean that we ourselves are superbeings that contain millions of universes in our heads? Also, would the chain continue infinitely? These are just a few of my thoughts and ideas and I thought I should get them out into the world and see what you guys think. Please feel free to reply sharing your thoughts, I'd love to hear what you guys have to say about this.

Thank you ATS,
kiwisoop
edit on 22-3-2013 by kiwisoop because: Mistake in the link

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwisoop

While this idea is definitely not new, I would say you are on the right track. As above, so below. Blessed be.

edit on 22-3-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
That is my understanding from what we can understand with our limited reach. Also consider dreams and imagination. Maybe when you dream you are watching and sometimes interacting with all those universes in your head. If the imagination is truly infinite, then it stands to reason that it would be possible for entire universes could fit in your dreams.

But here is the real question; when you dream, do you really care or can control what happens to the people who inhabit it? All the time and everytime? If you answer honestly, then you know you don't. So now you have to ask yourself, if this theory would be true, does the God or Source? Sure you created the dream, but are you always watching over it? hmmmmm

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Too bad no one has checked this thread out. I guess they're not used to thinking about these ideas outside of comic conventions.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
Too bad no one has checked this thread out. I guess they're not used to thinking about these ideas outside of comic conventions.

It is too bad. I thought this would be a somewhat popular thread while writing it, but I guess people just don't enjoy letting their mind wander sometimes. It all has to be proven.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Wasn't there a theory that we are somebody's dream? God's dream maybe?

If "it", "wakes" up, we're #ed. I guess?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwisoop

Well the micro equals macro idea is not really new, and it is a fascinating one.

What we do know though, is that cells form very differently than solar systems, galaxies or even whole universes.

We know the contents of cells and what they do and look like, and that is not really found in the universe. Not in detail at least.

But who knows, things could work different on that level.

I personally think that that is way to easy, though.

top topics

join