It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas Jumped up 50% This Morning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Gas delivered the same day jumped up 50% this morning.
Now forgetting the Gas for just now.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Energy prices mean higher food production deliveries supermarket heating etc, you are about to see food prices go through the roof.

They are stating that the UK has about 2 days supply left.

Now I think this is all rubbish, they may turn off the gas who knows?.

But i think people will put up with another hike in fuel prices rather than go without.

As soon as I read this I thought of an old indian (red Indian chief) on a youtube video I watch years ago, he said that watch the price of bottled gas, when that goes crazy then we are in end times. pre 2012 hype.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Russians say:

Russian money are ours
Russian gas are ours

Europe is in a no win situation. The cost of Cyprus failing is way too high as as it stands now Cyprus = Russia. if they tell Cyprus to eff off, they are also telling the Russians to eff off.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
WW3 soon

Iran, Russia, China, NK, vs USA, Nato and Arab alliance.

Winners: Bankers

Losers: YOU!

Puttin told all russian citizens and the Embassy’s yesterday to pull there money out of the western countrys now or face massive losses! Thats a little scary if you ask me.

What happens this weekend is going to tell us alot.
edit on 22-3-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavmas

But i think people will put up with another hike in fuel prices rather than go without.

Yes, they will and this proves that People in general are STUPID.

This is what the powers that be count on. They KNOW people won't resist, They know they have created a world where people so believe they are dependent on oil and gas and the devices that use them, that they can do anything with the gas prices and people will never balk.

Your all sheep being led to slaughter, and you deserve it too. You don't Need a car. You don't Need a SUV or a 8 or 12 cylinder - or even a 6 cylinder automobile. Don't you people see these are luxury items for those who can afford them - the rich and super rich? The poor and middle class have NO Right to own these toys. Of course you have The Right to be STUPID and most of you ARE.

By buying and using these items you cannot afford you are saying to the governments of the world, We like being Sheep. No need to develop electric cars are other alternatives that are affordable and will help save this planet. We will sit here and take it up the bum because We're STUPID. This is how the rich use, abuse and control us. This is a disaster of your own making.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Is this just a UK thing or is it more wide spread? I am in US and gas was actually a few cents cheaper this morning than last night.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
But it went back down a few hour later

The company said it could confirm that normal operations had resumed and that gas would flow at full capacity from 15:30 GMT.

The gas price fell back to 100 pence a therm earlier in the day when the company indicated that the fault would soon be fixed.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Yes, they will and this proves that People in general are STUPID.

This is what the powers that be count on. They KNOW people won't resist, They know they have created a world where people so believe they are dependent on oil and gas and the devices that use them, that they can do anything with the gas prices and people will never balk.

Your all sheep being led to slaughter, and you deserve it too. You don't Need a car. You don't Need a SUV or a 8 or 12 cylinder - or even a 6 cylinder automobile. Don't you people see these are luxury items for those who can afford them - the rich and super rich? The poor and middle class have NO Right to own these toys. Of course you have The Right to be STUPID and most of you ARE.

By buying and using these items you cannot afford you are saying to the governments of the world, We like being Sheep. No need to develop electric cars are other alternatives that are affordable and will help save this planet. We will sit here and take it up the bum because We're STUPID. This is how the rich use, abuse and control us. This is a disaster of your own making.

What an ignorant statement! Good for you, I'm happy that you need none of these things and to an extent you are right. However, I NEED a car as my job involves being out on the road for a lot of the time. I NEED this job to pay for the gas to pay for my home and the power needed to heat and light it. By your logic, we should all live in mud huts and keep warm by burning left over Euros from the holidays that we stupidly took in the past. Whether we like it or not, we have to work to earn the best living we can and to make that more comfortable it means buying the occasional luxury. I can afford them because I get on with my life and work for the means to pay for them. I am neither rich nor super-rich so where does that put me on your scale?

What's a sheep to do? Live his whole life in isolation off grid with no possessions and nothing to look forward to or continue to accept that we are being taken advantage of but still have the option of seeing some of the world and enjoying life a little? It sounds like sour grapes to me, you are unhappy with your life and feel that the world is to blame. Rather you than me.
edit on 22-3-2013 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2013 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Well at least you fed a troll today!

Just another statement of "how dare you be successful". Authored by a keyboard cowboy.
edit on 22-3-2013 by IntelRetard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by IntelRetard

Yeah, I guess I fell straight into that one!

In other news... my gas central heating is going like mad! Gas still flowing nicely in the Midlands and my gas price is fixed till December

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by pavmas

Is this just a UK thing or is it more wide spread? I am in US and gas was actually a few cents cheaper this morning than last night.

I think its the the Uk and more broadly Europe as a whole (or should I have wrote hole)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

you live on an island

edit on 22-3-2013 by Turkenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by pavmas

I think its the the Uk and more broadly Europe as a whole (or should I have wrote hole)

LOL....

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Glad I live in an electric only flat (apartment)

To my American friends, this is about natural gas, not gasoline (petrol to us Europeans)

If i recall correctly, this story gets recycled every time there is unusually high demand due to a lengthy cold spell.

We won't run out.............at least not in 2 days as this sensationalist article seems too claim.

King
edit on 22/3/2013 by kingears because: (no reason given)

edit on 22/3/2013 by kingears because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
that's odd.
i woke up with plenty of gas this morning.
i'm willing to share!

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
It does make you wonder though if the problem with the gas pipe was real or if they were faking it just so they could hike up the profits (if only for a few hours) when there was a surge for demand because of the unexpected spell of cold weather.

new topics

top topics

join