It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking the Autism/Vaccine Link - Penn and Teller

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by Rubinstein

Come on now, i would not underestimate vaccine as something small. But linking it to diseases is far fetched and misguided.

fear of the unknown.

The last time I was at the doctors for a checkup, he offered me three different vaccines (Flu, Tetanus and Swine Flu), he said I could come back every few weeks to space them out or I could have them all at once. He showed me them, they were tiny, so I rolled up my sleeve and took them all in one go. Hardly any pain, not a problem.

Are anti-vaxxers scared of needles? I suspect so! There's me having 3 in 1 sitting, I'm sitting here perfectly healthy now, apart from a spot of flu last week, but the flu vaccine probably made that milder than it would have been.

Why be scared of needles when the real worry is diseases such as Chicken Pox, Mumps, Ebola and Flu? If you're simply scared of needles then don't try to rationalize it by saying that vaccines are dangerous when Penn and Teller have proven that they are 100% safe.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rubinstein
Come on, how could a vaccine harm someone? It's tiny, you're talking about an incredibly small dosage. How could that cause a disease?

Critical thinking is what's needed on this debate

Tell that to the hundreds of children who got narcolepsy from the flu vaccine in Finland, Sweden, and other European countries. That is just one of the many "official" proven cases of vaccines harming people.

Finland Offers Compensation for Pandemrix Narcolepsy Victims

Finland government has promised to pay for lifetime medical care for children who developed narcolepsy after receiving Pandemrix pandemic flu vaccine against the swine flu

"The compensation will provide much-needed financial assistance for the families, although it cannot take away the emotional distress caused by this condition," Social Services and Health Minister Paula Risikko said in a statement.

Finnish and international researchers recently found a conclusive link between the Pandemrix swine flu vaccine and new cases of narcolepsy, a chronic nervous system disorder which causes people to often uncontrollably fall asleep.

Critical thinking my #

OP needs to stop trolling.

If you want I can provide more "official" proof that vaccines are indeed harmul?

Just ask and I will.
edit on 3/22/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Obvious troll is obvious. And you, sir, are obvious.

Penn and Teller? The youtube comments convinced you? Geez, I hope you are trolling....

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
Oh brother!! If your "evidence" that there is no link between vaccines and autism is a mainstream Penn and Teller hatchet job, with obvious pathetic bias, then you have no case.

They admit in the video that they are "C level celebrity nut jobs". That was one of the only true statements in that whole piece. You might as well have posted a video "brought to you courtesy of Merck / Pfizer".

Lots of theatrics, lots of slander and ridicule, nothing solid.

Nice try, no cigar.

OK, so what ya got to support your claim that there is a link? The 1998 study that started this whole thing has been proven to be bunk.

online.wsj.com...

Yeah, Penn and Teller are celebrity nut jobs - but they're also smart and they're also right.
edit on 22-3-2013 by redtic because: that whole their, there, they're thing..

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I put my trust in Penn and Teller too, they were also correct about 9/11. I only wish their shows were on tv more often, so as more people can realize the truth.

I would vote Penn and Teller in as joint Presidents, they'd do a great job, ideally go and sort out that mess in Syria, help out the terrorists to destabilize the Assad regime and overthrow him.

Originally posted by redtic

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
Oh brother!! If your "evidence" that there is no link between vaccines and autism is a mainstream Penn and Teller hatchet job, with obvious pathetic bias, then you have no case.

They admit in the video that they are "C level celebrity nut jobs". That was one of the only true statements in that whole piece. You might as well have posted a video "brought to you courtesy of Merck / Pfizer".

Lots of theatrics, lots of slander and ridicule, nothing solid.

Nice try, no cigar.

OK, so what ya got to support your claim that there is a link? The 1998 study that started this whole thing has been proven to be bunk.

online.wsj.com...

Yeah, Penn and Teller are celebrity nut jobs - but they're also smart and they're also right.
edit on 22-3-2013 by redtic because: that whole their, there, they're thing..

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy

Originally posted by CommanderCraCra
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

Yes, because we all have the same food sensitivities, allergies or lack their of... are you for real

We all have different genetic susceptibilities. It's not that they are "immune", it's that some are able to deal with the poison better than others. Some are especially effected.

So it's a poison, but only some people are susceptible to this certain poison? Allergies are not poisons. Food sensitivities are not poisons. Poisons do not care about genetic differences. If you are poisoned, you experience the effects of said poison based on the amount entering your body. Not some people, but all people. NObody has the ability to "deal with poison better than others."

Further, Thimerosal has not been included in any vaccinations outside of some flu shots since 2001.

"...they both were poisoned, I've spent the last several years building up a tolarance to Iocain powder..." - Princess Bride.

That was a funny line from amovie to explain a simple concept. You CAN build up a tollerance to poisons, that tollerance can be unique to each individual. Similar to alcohol (a mild poison) being absorbed/delt with differently by each individual expossed to it.

God Bless,

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
this hole tread is a joke and goes to show how naieve people are, seriously op why would anyone ever do anything bad, why would anything bad ever happen to anybody!! because your government are looking out for you and will always protect you!!

dont you ever forget that now, ya here?!"!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Come on scoobyrob, don't be so paranoid, not everyone's out to get you you know!

Originally posted by scoobyrob
this hole tread is a joke and goes to show how naieve people are, seriously op why would anyone ever do anything bad, why would anything bad ever happen to anybody!! because your government are looking out for you and will always protect you!!

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I'd be perfectly happy to receive 1,000 vaccines all at the same time to prove this once and for all. Maybe I could make a documentary in the style of 'SuperSize Me', I would call it 'SuperVaccinate Me'. After receiving the vaccines we'd wait a few hours and see if I was ok, then that would be proof that vaccines are safe.

Does anybody know what the world record number of vaccines a person has received before? I'm quite interested in becoming the world record holder. Maybe I can get sponsorship from the pharmaceuticals to fund the cost of the vaccines. Or perhaps Penn and Teller could help me make the documentary.

Seriously people, how can mercury be so bad when we've all had it in our houses in thermometers for decades, wouldn't we all be dead by now if mercury was poisonous?

edit on 22-3-2013 by Rubinstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I'd be perfectly happy to receive 1,000 vaccines all at the same time to prove this once and for all. Maybe I could make a documentary in the style of 'SuperSize Me', I would call it 'SuperVaccinate Me'. After receiving the vaccines we'd wait a few hours and see if I was ok, then that would be proof that vaccines are safe.

Does anybody know what the world record number of vaccines a person has received before? I'm quite interested in becoming the world record holder. Maybe I can get sponsorship from the pharmaceuticals to fund the cost of the vaccines. Or perhaps Penn and Teller could help me make the documentary.

Seriously people, how can mercury be so bad when we've all had it in our houses in thermometers for decades, wouldn't we all be dead by now if mercury was poisonous?

edit on 22-3-2013 by Rubinstein because: (no reason given)

WHMIS Classification:
D1A - Poisonous and infectious material - Immediate and serious effects - Very toxic
D2A - Poisonous and infectious material - Other effects - Very toxic
E - Corrosive material

WHMIS Health Effects Criteria Met by this Chemical:
D1A - Acute lethality - very toxic - immediate
D2A - Chronic toxicity - very toxic - other
D2A - Teratogenicity and embryotoxicity - very toxic - other
E - TDG class 8 - corrosive substance

WHMIS Ingredient Disclosure List:
Included for disclosure at 0.1% or greater.

Source

Nom nom mercury

I would laugh so hard if this thread manages to make the front page

Everyone should flag this thread so the OP gets his wish, trolls need feeding too sometimes.
edit on 3/22/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

But we are not talking about people taking it themselves, we are talking about people giving it to their children which to some people are more precious than their own lives. Would you want to give your infant child 1000 vaccinations and risk their life?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by scoobyrob

That's what I'm thinking...

All the OP's posts reek of sarcasm.

GJ OP, you've fooled most people in this thread

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Penn & Teller are magicians - who - just like the cabal/illuminati/whatever set out to deceive those who are watching their act. How do we know that Penn & Teller are not on the cabal/illuminati/whatever payroll?

Semantics - powerful concept and when used with cameras - almost believable.

Much Peace...to every Child who has autism as a direct result of vaccines...

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I put my trust in Penn and Teller too, they were also correct about 9/11. I only wish their shows were on tv more often, so as more people can realize the truth.

I would vote Penn and Teller in as joint Presidents, they'd do a great job, ideally go and sort out that mess in Syria, help out the terrorists to destabilize the Assad regime and overthrow him.

WTF - you spoofin us here? No one talks like this..

ETA: Penn and Teller are still right - the data supports it. I'm just not associating my support with the OPs...
edit on 22-3-2013 by redtic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Are you being sarcastic now? The 9/11 video they did was just over the top with bulldozing the truth with BS and trying to make you feel foolish for believing 4 aircraft flew around the most secure airspace in the world for almost 3 hours running into buildings. lol

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
When I read topics like this I always go back and double check to see if the site motto was changed from "Deny Ignorance" to "Embrace Ignorance", but it hasn't changed yet. Maybe we should get another expert opinion from someone of the same caliber, maybe someone similar to Bill Nye the Science Guy? Is there anyone of that caliber out there willing to give us their input?

edit on 3/22/2013 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Whether the OP is sincere or not, the fact people are insinuating that, by taking a pro vaccine stance, that they are somehow trolling, I think is despicable.

You should feel very ashamed.

How many of those stating a belief in the autism-vaccine link have studied psychology?

How many of those stating a belief in the autsim-vaccine link have actually watched the OP's video?

I do not support the colourful delivery of Penn and Tellers argument, but I can tell you now, for nothing, that there is no confirmed link between autism and vaccination, until this changes, calling out the OP as a troll is just bad manners.

For what it's worth, I have studied psychology and as the video presented, the increase in diagnosis techniques, along with the creation of the umbrella term of ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder) has gone a long way to create this upward trend in numbers diagnosed.

Oh, plus, I have two children, both have had the MMR vaccine, both are not autistic, although there were a hairy five seconds when my son was three, his nursery teacher and I wondered that perhaps he may be autistic, but in the next breath, we said "No!" Together at the same time.

Why?

Because the kid was smart, and a little quirky at the time, but you know what, he is perfectly fine.

Just because A three year old enjoys drawing road maps, with road names, spelt correctly, just because a three year old child uses wooden blocks to spell out the word "exit" and may run around the nursery screaming at the top of his voice for a period of time does not mean a child has any autistic tendencies.

He is in Year 5 now, and thriving, he wil be taking a scholarship exam later this year for an academic place at a local independent school.

Oh, he also is one of the most articulate, witty, and personable young people I know (parent bias aside).

Moreover, I know of several people who have gone on to recieve a diagnosis of ASD in the last few years, who are in their forties!

My fear is there may be a degree of over-diagnosis, where people who are individual, who don't follow to type, are now being labled under the ASD umbrella

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I'd like to think debunking a theory includes some sort of proof as to the cause of Autism. This video seems to be more of Penn's opinion than a debunking.

To mention that Botox is all bad is incorrect. Some may have learned that Botox has been successfully treating symptoms of Cerebral Palsy. It shows that Penn is not fully educated and overly opinionated.

Another thing that should be odd to people is that American doctors, in 2012, wrote over 4 billion prescriptions to American citizens. That's a good indication that they are doctor's of medicine, and not doctor's of health. I've read studies that indicate only 1 in 6 doctor's in America are trained in natural health, let alone certified in natural health.

As far as Autism, I find it alarming that Amish communities that fully practice the Amish beliefs have a less than 1% presence of Autism diagnosis in children. Being that vaccines are shunned in Amish beliefs, I'd say that statistic is relevant to some sort of association between vaccines and Autism. I'm not sure a 1% chance of vaccined children is worth the risk, thanks anyway.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

Read all of the OP's responses. It is not the fact that he is pro-vaccine that is getting him labelled a troll.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

1. If it comes in a needle.

2. If it comes from the government.

3. If it's cheap or free.

I don't want to get ten feet near it. I will refuse it. And I will tell others to as well. That's all I need to know.

I completely agree with this logic right here. It's rather smart of you.

That said, the claims about an autism/vaccine link are not supported by reliable evidence.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join