It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking the Autism/Vaccine Link - Penn and Teller

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
I dont have time to watch the video at the moment cos i ve got to work in a sec. My youngest daughter is 14 and remember the controversy over the possible link between autism and the MMR. I decided to let her have it, as the chances of autism were low compared to the danger of measles. As im writing this, we have a massive outbreak of Measles in my city, this virus is NASTY, and parents are being urged to get their kids jabbed straight away. Its possibly only a matter of time before a case becomes complicated by Menigitus or something simlilar and theres a fatality.
Right now, im glad i had my kids innoculated.

Gee, I got my baby inoculated with the MMR, and she got a raging case of the measles.

Her doctor's response? Whoops, musta been a bad batch.

How do you know they didn't already have measles? Measles doesn't show up for a few days

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Surely the main reason for the rise in autism is just better diagnosis

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rubinstein

How incredibly unperceptive.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I used to love the Penn and Teller show right up until they did the episode that claims there was nothing unusual about the twin towers collapsing.

They went from being hero's to idiots in one episode. There is no coming back from that.

edit on 22-3-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
You are not getting flags or stars because you posted a video debunking vaccine/autism link by the comedy magician team Penn and Teller!

Why don't you do a search of the studies of non-vaccinated children and see what percentage of them have autism. You will find A) There are very few studies, i've only found one, B) the numbers are all but nonexistent in that study for autism C) It's not good for the pharmaceutical business to do those type of studies, period.

Do your own research, bottom line.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
You are not getting flags or stars because you posted a video debunking vaccine/autism link by the comedy magician team Penn and Teller!

Why don't you do a search of the studies of non-vaccinated children and see what percentage of them have autism. You will find A) There are very few studies, i've only found one, B) the numbers are all but nonexistent in that study for autism C) It's not good for the pharmaceutical business to do those type of studies, period.

There are no studies linking Autism and vaccines, that was just Wakefield who Penn and Teller debunked

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Come on man, the government wouldn't kill their own people? Think about that

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
I used to love the Penn and Teller show right up until that did the episode that claims there was nothing unusual about the twin towers collapsing.

They went from being hero's to idiots in one episode. There is no coming back from that.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by CommanderCraCra

How incredibly unperceptive.

It's what happens though, it's a bit like how these days we think we have lots of obese people, but in the past nobody used to think about that, people didn't have time to think about their weight, obesity was never tracked. Now that we track it then we think it's gone up, but it's always been there.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
FACT: More people need to understand that correlation is not causation

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

There are no studies linking Autism and vaccines, that was just Wakefield who Penn and Teller debunked

Take the above advice and do your own research, unless you are that guy who prefers his information from tv personalities.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Take the above advice and do your own research, unless you are that guy who prefers his information from tv personalities.

Let me ask you this, please answer honestly, would you say that most of the anti-vaccine people appear to be of lower IQ than the pro-vaccine crowd? Please, be honest on that. I mean, watch the video at the start of the thread and look at the anti-vaccine people, you can't tell me they're not lower IQ?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

FACT: More people need to understand that correlation is not causation

The actual phrase is correlation does not imply causation.

But sometimes correlation is a clue to or even evidence of causation

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Rubinstein

You can't tell me that you can accurately judge someone's IQ from a few online posts. My IQ is certainly not in the "average" category. If you want to believe it's below that range...

Go right ahead.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Let's put it this way, I don't watch videos on important science from Penn and Teller. They are entertainers.

Feel free to form your opinions this way, but don't think people here on ATS are going to respect you for it.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Come on man, the government wouldn't kill their own people? Think about that

The same government who pulled off 911? The same government that allows GMO, fluoride, aspartame, mercury and many other poisonous substances in our food and medicines? The same government that sends their young citizens to fight pointless wars in order to fatten the pockets of the elite? The same government who used their own citizens as guinea pigs in nuclear weapons tests? The same government that released bio-weapons in populated transit centers such as subways and busy neighborhoods? The same government that injected "minorities" with sexually transmitted diseases?

Think about that...

Nah, they wouldn't kill their own people

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

You forgot the spraying of agent orange and other drugs tested on US people. The list goes on and on. Spying everywhere!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

The MKUltra , the syphilis given to African Americans, medical testing in prisons..and on and on lol

edit on 22-3-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Sometimes it takes the likes of Penn and Teller to prove what scientists are struggling with, just because they don't have certificates if you watch the video you'll see it's 100% solid and conclusive

Let's put it this way, I don't watch videos on important science from Penn and Teller. They are entertainers.

Feel free to form your opinions this way, but don't think people here on ATS are going to respect you for it.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Whatever valid criticisms they may have of a subject are sometimes obscured by over-reliance on shock and emotion instead of logic and facts. However, Penn and Teller at least have the decency to openly admit both their usage of emotional appeals and their bias.

source

Its just a biased show that only highlights enough of the facts on one side of a story to put a certain set of view across. It's simply entertainment for the simple minded..Thats why a couple of comedians are presenting it.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join