It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking the Autism/Vaccine Link - Penn and Teller

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
In just 26 minutes Penn and Teller have successfully managed to debunk the Autism-Vaccine myth, this is what no scientists have successfully managed to do, but Penn and Teller have shown how it's done.

Please don't comment before watching this, can anyone honestly still tell me that there's a link between Autism and vaccination after watching this video? Like I said, please don't comment before watching.

Nice to see Penn and Teller saving lives!

You'll also see from the comments below the video that most people are now aware that there is no link whatsoever between vaccines and Autism.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
These guys are about as good as "myth busters". There are so many exceptions to the reasoning presented in shows of this kind of quality, that I can only conclude it's to be entertained by the dull-minded majority. It just doesn't work on me.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by CommanderCraCra
These guys are about as good as "myth busters". There are so many exceptions to the reasoning presented in shows of this kind of quality, that I can only conclude it's to be entertained by the dull-minded majority. It just doesn't work on me.

Please can you be more specific as to which part of the video you disagree with?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Rubinstein

I will watch the video tonight, thanks for sharing.

You'll also see from the comments below the video that most people are now aware that there is no link whatsoever between vaccines and Autism.

Actually, let me rephrase that for you.

Most people are now aware that there certainly is a link between vaccines and autism.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Why would I watch the video? I stopped watching television many years ago for similar reasons.

There comes a point where you've seen enough of an individual, group, show, or type of media to conclude that it's simply not worth ones time.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
You're welcome!

I've been looking through the comments below the video and it seems to most people now know there's no link.

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

I will watch the video tonight, thanks for sharing.

Actually, let me rephrase that for you.

Most people are now aware that there certainly is a link between vaccines and autism.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by CommanderCraCra

Why would I watch the video? I stopped watching television many years ago for similar reasons.

There comes a point where you've seen enough of an individual, group, show, or type of media to conclude that it's simply not worth ones time.

It's important to look at both sides of every story.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I dont have time to watch the video at the moment cos i ve got to work in a sec. My youngest daughter is 14 and remember the controversy over the possible link between autism and the MMR. I decided to let her have it, as the chances of autism were low compared to the danger of measles. As im writing this, we have a massive outbreak of Measles in my city, this virus is NASTY, and parents are being urged to get their kids jabbed straight away. Its possibly only a matter of time before a case becomes complicated by Menigitus or something simlilar and theres a fatality.
Right now, im glad i had my kids innoculated.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
1. If it comes in a needle.

2. If it comes from the government.

3. If it's cheap or free.

I don't want to get ten feet near it. I will refuse it. And I will tell others to as well. That's all I need to know.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Though I agree, you assume I have only looked at one, and that there's only two to any story.

I've looked at a ton of data on the subject. People won't get things like "autism", ever, because it's a general term that likely has a multitude of causes. Not only that, but each individual has differing genetic susceptibilities. People just can't take the ambiguity of the disorder, and it's causes. They have to try and pigeon hole it. It's err.
edit on 22-3-2013 by CommanderCraCra because: changed disease to disorder

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
First off they are not scientists. Mercury is a lethal poison. Break a thermometer, and you would have to call in a hazmat team. It is a substance known to greatly effect mental development. Consider how young these kids are who recieve dozens of shots laced with this poison. If you actually listen to these clowns regarding your health

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I've been looking through the comments below the video and it seems to most people now know there's no link.

So the video commenters represent the opinions of "most people"?

In fact, when I read the comments, most people who commented believe that vaccines are linked to autism. Many of the commenters point out flaws in the logic presented in the video too, did you see those comments?

I did see a lot of trolls commenting too, both pro and anti vaccine trolls.

I will report back once I have watched the video, if I actually get around to it.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
I dont have time to watch the video at the moment cos i ve got to work in a sec. My youngest daughter is 14 and remember the controversy over the possible link between autism and the MMR. I decided to let her have it, as the chances of autism were low compared to the danger of measles. As im writing this, we have a massive outbreak of Measles in my city, this virus is NASTY, and parents are being urged to get their kids jabbed straight away. Its possibly only a matter of time before a case becomes complicated by Menigitus or something simlilar and theres a fatality.

When I was young we grew up with Measles parties, we were all fine, but that was many years back, maybe things have changed now, perhaps Measles is more dangerous than it once was.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

So the video commenters represent the opinions of "most people"?

In fact, when I read the comments, most people who commented believe that vaccines are linked to autism. Many of the commenters point out flaws in the logic presented in the video too, did you see those comments?

I did see a lot of trolls commenting too, both pro and anti vaccine trolls.

I will report back once I have watched the video, if I actually get around to it.

I was reading the comments at the same time as watching the video, the comments helped convince me that there is no link between MMR and Autism. Though it is possible that there's a link if someone has DTP quite near to MMR, as then it overloads the system (two tripleshots), but there's never been a study on that.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oannes
First off they are not scientists. Mercury is a lethal poison. Break a thermometer, and you would have to call in a hazmat team. It is a substance known to greatly effect mental development. Consider how young these kids are who recieve dozens of shots laced with this poison. If you actually listen to these clowns regarding your health

The UN is banning mercury, but they are allowing it to stay in vaccines. Surely that means it's safe if it's injected, does that make sense to you?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Oh brother!! If your "evidence" that there is no link between vaccines and autism is a mainstream Penn and Teller hatchet job, with obvious pathetic bias, then you have no case.

They admit in the video that they are "C level celebrity nut jobs". That was one of the only true statements in that whole piece. You might as well have posted a video "brought to you courtesy of Merck / Pfizer".

Lots of theatrics, lots of slander and ridicule, nothing solid.

Nice try, no cigar.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife

Gee, I got my baby inoculated with the MMR, and she got a raging case of the measles.

Her doctor's response? Whoops, musta been a bad batch.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

If you're relying on the government to tell you that a poison is safe for injecting into your children, then you might as well remove your brain and leave it on your nightstand as you go out into the world.

This thread is just sad. Like Penn and Teller are the experts on this. It's not exploring both sides, it is pushing one side with a bulldozer of B.S.

Have fun defending the indefensible.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
Oh brother!! If your "evidence" that there is no link between vaccines and autism is a mainstream Penn and Teller hatchet job, with obvious pathetic bias, then you have no case.

They admit in the video that they are "C level celebrity nut jobs". That was one of the only true statements in that whole piece. You might as well have posted a video "brought to you courtesy of Merck / Pfizer".

Lots of theatrics, lots of slander and ridicule, nothing solid.

Nice try, no cigar.

Well I did used to believe in the 9/11 conspiracy too, but then I watched Penn & Teller and they came out with a convincing debunking of it. They are great at getting complete conspiracy idiots and showing everyone how foolish they are

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

If you're relying on the government to tell you that a poison is safe for injecting into your children, then you might as well remove your brain and leave it on your nightstand as you go out into the world.

This thread is just sad. Like Penn and Teller are the experts on this. It's not exploring both sides, it is pushing one side with a bulldozer of B.S.

Have fun defending the indefensible.

Why would the government lie, they're people with families just like the rest of us?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join