It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia mom shot in leg and baby killed in stroller by kids with gun

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
Picture of the 17 year old:

De'Marquise Elkins

14 year old picture cannot be released due to age.

www.firstcoastnews.com...

Race was never mentioned on NBC or CNN but Canadian news did mention 2 African American Males.

SO what is worse, the WHITE-HISPANIC getting punched and then defends himself or killing an INNOCENT CHILD!
edit on 22-3-2013 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

I saw this update on my phone and came here to eat my words. After seeing that picture, I am not sure I can. The women's description was a 13-15 year old and a 10 year old. Now look at that picture and tell me if you could confuse this young man with a goatee for a 13-15 year old boy?

Sorry, something is still not adding up for me.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaneThinking
reply to post by XalienagendaX

They catch the henious little bastards that did this and you still place blame on the Mom you sir or ma'am are an outright moron, give your damn head a shake, learn some reading comprehention, maybe hit up sylvan cause you sure as hell could use it....

SaneThinking

Last time I checked the legal system in the US assumes (ostensibly) that one is innocent until proven guilty. I don't think any court results have been released yet, and I didn't see you mention that you were there, and saw it. I'm sure that you are quite sure of your OPINION that this woman is being completely truthful in her telling what happened. I think it's pretty important though that if you expect to express your opinion without being ridiculed for what could be perceived by others as your lack of intelligence, perhaps you shouldn't sink so low as to ridicule the people asking questions.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I have to say I agree with everything you said, MrWendal. I don't believe her story at all and the parents in the video seem like terrible actors. If it was my child there would be no way a kid is going to kill it without killing me first or last. Sounds like a Susan Smith kind of deal. I'm not saying she shot the child but there is definitely more to the story then she is saying. Poor child, so cute. No one is going to shoot a baby in the head and then shoot the mother in the leg, and let her live. Sorry, not buying this. Not to mention of course that she says the shooters are two African American kids. Of course they have to be black. Sorry, other members can say I'm being cruel accusing the mother of having something to do with this, but it sure wouldn't be the first time a parent tried something like this. I'd say, stay tuned because I don't think the cops are buying this either.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ramuh
So are you implying that African Americans only live in the ghetto, and/or only poor people commit crimes? OJ Simpson would disagree with that.

If that is what you got out of my post, I feel kind of bad for you.

To answer your question, No. That is not what I am implying. Not even close.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I do sort of agree with you. I am not sure I am in full agreement yet, I am leaving that for later judgment.

I do admit that I am still a bit suspicious at the moment. I refuse to say she had no part yet, but at the same time I am not willing to say she did not have a part in it.

If he is involved and the mother is involved in it I bet he will roll on her. If he does not roll on her and he is guilty I will accept she is innocent completely.

Raist

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
i know i'm playing monday morning quarterback here but she should have just gave up her purse. she said she had no money anyway, it is not worth it to not give up your purse, granted they might have shot her anyway. this story does sound like it has some holes in it, we will see as more info becomes available.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The things striking me as odd are:

1. "The suspects fled in an unknown direction"

I was to understand that several people came out of their homes to this woman's aid. Statements were given, but no one saw which direction they went?

2. There are no circumstances given surrounding the arrest. I've never seen an arrest report that didn't give some insight into how the alleged criminals were identified and subdued.

I'm not saying the lady shot the baby, I'm not even saying these kids didn't shoot the baby (I don't know) but there is something about this that just doesn't sit right with me. I feel that there is more to this story, and I commend those asking questions and trying to make sense of this insane situation.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
i know i'm playing monday morning quarterback here but she should have just gave up her purse. she said she had no money anyway, it is not worth it to not give up your purse, granted they might have shot her anyway. this story does sound like it has some holes in it, we will see as more info becomes available.

Did she even have a purse with her? I know when I would go for a walk, I didn't usually carry a purse. That's what seems strange to me - that these kids would stop a mom walking her baby in a stroller, expecting her to be carrying cash.

ETA: nevermind. I just listened to her interview again, and realized she mentioned having a purse. You're right, why didn't she just hand it over??
edit on 22-3-2013 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

According to the link and quote in this post
www.abovetopsecret.com...

She did have her purse.

For me either these kids are really stupid (not making a lot of sense with their crimes) or something else is up.
This story is strange to say the least. The area, seems nice with low population. Just sort of weird.

Raist

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

YES. Should have said something about this ^^ there. Little background on me for the sake of my forthcoming anecdote: I trained in Tae Kwon-Do for most of my formative years and am fully capable of defending myself against an armed assailant. I've undergone extensive training specifically in disarming people with various types of weapons.

That said, I lived in Los Angeles when I was 19 years old, and when coming home from my promoting job at about 2:30am or so, I was mugged at gunpoint. It was my roommate and I and we were approached from behind by two men in their late 20's (their racial background is not important) One of the men brandished a 9mm and demanded that we turn over all our money. We showed our hands and allowed them to frisk us. During the frisking, both of the men's hands were occupied and the gun was not visible.

While being searched, I recognized several opportunities which I could have seized, and I am confident it would have been well within my power and skill to overpower and disarm the one searching me, while putting him between myself and his companion. I DID NOT SEIZE ANY OPPORTUNITIES. We lost our phones and an iPod, but luckily we were probably poorer than them.

My point in telling this story, is that even though I was confident in my ability to defend myself, I allowed the muggers to take what I had. There was no money after all, and what if he was good with the gun? Sure it wasn't in his hand, but what if I make a move and he gets to it quicker than I can? Then I'm in a much more serious situation.
It's not worth your life to argue or reason, you just give them what you have.

Now to bring this back around.

This is a (not trying to be insensitive) less than athletic woman with an infant, against two young men. And one of them has a gun POINTED at her, and instead of just giving them whatever she had, she says she tells them repeatedly that she doesn't have any money. Perhaps she just thought they wouldn't do it, but I don't see how anyone can make that risky of a judgment call with their own child in between them and the gun.

There is definitely something off about that.

edit on 22-3-2013 by prostheticmind because: Fixed a misspelling same>sake

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by goou111

it sickens 1 to know this OLD WORLD following the peers ignorance can STILL go on today, babies are not even cared about
or safe yet people cry about drones smh. God bless the mother for trying her best for shielding the baby as best as she could. And may the child's spirit support its mother as best it could. This ills 1 to know they intentionally did that to her to cause so much malice. SICK
this incident and this below

www.latimes.com...

Six-month-old Jonylah Watkins died at a hospital Tuesday morning after being shot while getting her diaper changed by her father, who was shot too.

are SIGNS THINGS MUST CHANGE. RIP to the slain.

That one is about gangs. I can't figure out why they have not stopped the gangs.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
reply to post by kaylaluv

For me either these kids are really stupid (not making a lot of sense with their crimes) or something else is up.
This story is strange to say the least. The area, seems nice with low population. Just sort of weird.

Raist

Odds are kids are not that bright. As for it being a nice place with now population, I guess you don't get it, huh? Think like a thug.

Nice area = $$$, likelihood of it being populated by folks without a means to defend themselves is high.
Low population = Less witnesses, people do not know each other, easy escape.

But, with no good/thoughtful plan in place, and shooting a baby, that nullifies any thought they had of escaping this crime.

Most times, a stupid senseless crime is a stupid senseless crime. Not everything is a conspiracy.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Sad times. Gun bans don't stop kids from stealing guns, trading guns, buying guns, getting guns from gang members. There is so many variables. The real sad part is coming from both sides. Kids killing for money, or executing because they didn't get any. Kids don't need to be worrying about money! Sorry but in my mind this is a serious break down of society. I really do blame society, inflation and government as a whole. There is nothing these kids can do, no place for kids to hang out and have fun like we used to do as kids. Community swimming pools and parks and arcade's, clubs, boy/girl scouts, summer camps. All of that is gone. All of that stuff should be really cheap or free considering the money this country spends on useless crap that Americans don't even benefit from! Nice to know that Egyptian brotherhood has fighter jets to use in their next holy war bought and paid for by the USA. America needs to come back to reality and get some common sense.
edit on 22-3-2013 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by goou111

it sickens 1 to know this OLD WORLD following the peers ignorance can STILL go on today, babies are not even cared about
or safe yet people cry about drones smh. God bless the mother for trying her best for shielding the baby as best as she could. And may the child's spirit support its mother as best it could. This ills 1 to know they intentionally did that to her to cause so much malice. SICK
this incident and this below

www.latimes.com...

Six-month-old Jonylah Watkins died at a hospital Tuesday morning after being shot while getting her diaper changed by her father, who was shot too.

are SIGNS THINGS MUST CHANGE. RIP to the slain.

That one is about gangs. I can't figure out why they have not stopped the gangs.

1 will share from personal experience growing up in the not so safe neighborhoods of the Americanas to help any unfortunately who may come up against this type of ignorance for you to share with those you know..

The best thing to do is DONT make eye contact as to show them you fear them for that will trigger some weak individual to attack you like animals in wild. Don't move unless they tell you and unless you got some special training 1 does no recommend disarming. There have been times in my youth as a teen that im not proud of where I or friends around me have been robbed @ gun point and the things that worked sometimes are what I just shared.

Other times some just jump out shoot and say don't run
so its a gamble with the unbalanced Urban minds who follow the crowds and do anything to fit in if weak enough and yes this is a global Sapiens Sapiens issue. Its just sad that a land mass like the Americanas has to still deal with this ignorance being one of the global frontrunners or Example makers. Its related to parenting but if the parents are not reachable then this is the end result heartlessness based immaturity. sick & sad

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by prostheticmind

Was asking questions was making a statement number one, my opinion was based on the statement made after arrests had been made.

Although your statement there makes you sound like an ambulance chasing lawyer who even with unrefutable evidence would try to get a drunk driver off, the news article clearly says the two are in custody and the poster still had the nerve as do you to try and unshackle the blame from those who purpetrated the crime, and disregard the fact a mother is in mourning because a couple of animals took the life of her child.

Just what the world needs more useless people like you....

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaneThinking
reply to post by prostheticmind

Was asking questions was making a statement number one, my opinion was based on the statement made after arrests had been made.

Although your statement there makes you sound like an ambulance chasing lawyer who even with unrefutable evidence would try to get a drunk driver off, the news article clearly says the two are in custody and the poster still had the nerve as do you to try and unshackle the blame from those who purpetrated the crime, and disregard the fact a mother is in mourning because a couple of animals took the life of her child.

Just what the world needs more useless people like you....

Ok buddy I've got to hold you accountable for your words here. Please quote where I tried to "unshackled the blame from those who perpetuated the crime." I never did. In fact, I said very specifically that I don't know enough to be able to say who did what. But please, I am interested to see what part of any of my posts have been construed by you as trying to "unshackle the blame" from anyone.

All I have said is that there are a number of inconsistencies with the news stories that have been published so far, and I even went so far as to explain why I viewed these things as inconsistencies. I really do not appreciate your lack of tact, as I feel that I have been more than courteous in this thread this far.

Kindly answer my question, and please, have a little dignity. Your post reads like that of a child.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I'm sure she had no guidebook to go by and no thought of what to do, to avoid setting of an evil little monster. That second guessing is what I imagine she's doing to herself and I'll bet it's tearing her up too. Poor woman. I wouldn't say she did a thing wrong or to cause any of this. The outright callous nature of killing the child was evil. No two ways about it...and it sounds like someone was getting shot just for the hell of it, even if she had given up the purse without being asked.

That happens often enough as well....sadly.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

That said, I really can't put the blame on using computers and TVs and babysitters, simply because we have so many people who do this same thing and don't turn out in such an extreme way. And even kids surrounded by these things 24/7, not all develop badly (it seems most don't). So, is it an inherent predisposition to act this way, or also upbringing, in which case even without this constant negative media, these people would still likely be like (at some point perhaps), because of this disposition.

I may not have said it as well as I meant to. I didn't mean to restate the same thing in the kids being babysat by computers and TV. Not in terms of the content of either one. That's where we agree it's bad anyway for conditioning in general. Nothing cause/effect but the non-stop barrage is overwhelming. It has to be.

In being parked in front of electronics to babysit, it's the LACK of the parents I think hurts the most. What replaces them carries it's own issues but I think parents are becoming less directly involved in the early years for hands on things ...It's having an effect for never forming an upbringing with values, IMO.
edit on 22-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
What ever the story, I just can't get my head around the idea that some human beings can be so evil and have no thoughts of consideration for the person they kill. You have to wonder if people who kill are born evil, or is it really just how they were raised?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
just checked out his FB page..WOW
he truly is a winner..after seeing his gangsta wannabe attitude..I say put him down..his parents should be sterilized..pure TRASH...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join