It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia mom shot in leg and baby killed in stroller by kids with gun

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Teen suspect in Georgia baby shooting expected in court

A 14-year-old suspected of shooting a baby in the coastal city of Brunswick, Georgia, will make his first appearance in court at 9:30 a.m. ET Monday, a Glynn County court clerk said.

Two teen boys were charged with murder Friday. The 14-year-old isn't being named because he's a minor. De'Marquise Elkins, 17, is being charged as an adult. It's unclear if he'll be in court

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I hope both these "kids" fry....evil little monsters. Gang initiation gone bad is my guess...

i know i'm playing monday morning quarterback here but she should have just gave up her purse. she said she had no money anyway, it is not worth it to not give up your purse, granted they might have shot her anyway.

No, you're absolutely right. And for those saying "if she only had a gun".... No.
Even if she had a gun, she should have simply given them her purse and her baby would still be alive (they would have run off with the purse).

Look...I'm good with a gun, fairly decent in a hand-to-hand fight, etc., but if someone comes up to me with a gun, and wants my wallet....they are getting it. Simple as that. Those things can be replaced...me or my loved ones? Nope. It's a pretty easy decision.

I tell our store clerk the same. Give them the money (but remember their appearance, clothing, car, and license plate). Even with a gun under the counter. (that's for if they pull a knife...they pull a knife and want money, please shoot them dead).

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I hope both these "kids" fry....evil little monsters. Gang initiation gone bad is my guess...

i know i'm playing monday morning quarterback here but she should have just gave up her purse. she said she had no money anyway, it is not worth it to not give up your purse, granted they might have shot her anyway.

No, you're absolutely right. And for those saying "if she only had a gun".... No.
Even if she had a gun, she should have simply given them her purse and her baby would still be alive (they would have run off with the purse).

Look...I'm good with a gun, fairly decent in a hand-to-hand fight, etc., but if someone comes up to me with a gun, and wants my wallet....they are getting it. Simple as that. Those things can be replaced...me or my loved ones? Nope. It's a pretty easy decision.

I tell our store clerk the same. Give them the money (but remember their appearance, clothing, car, and license plate). Even with a gun under the counter. (that's for if they pull a knife...they pull a knife and want money, please shoot them dead).

Yep exactly. Before I had kids I probably would resist or maybe even fight back but now there is no way in hell. I don't carry much cash on me anyways and the rest is simply replaceable. Hell if they want to use my credit card then go for it...probably be easier to catch them.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
He looks like a killer.

I could be wrong.

His eyes look cold.
edit on 25-3-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

Yep exactly. Before I had kids I probably would resist or maybe even fight back but now there is no way in hell. I don't carry much cash on me anyways and the rest is simply replaceable. Hell if they want to use my credit card then go for it...probably be easier to catch them.

Brings up a good point though. You should always have (at home) a photocopy of your license, credit card, insurance card, voter ID, social security card, etc., etc, and contact info for replacing everything in your wallet.... If your stuff is ever stolen, having this helps you prove who you are, and in getting all of it back. Be sure to call and cancel your card immediately, so you can't be liable for the charges, and so they can catch someone using it. If you have anything hard to replace in your wallet, try and copy it, or remove it.

Reply to above:

He looks like a killer.

I could be wrong.

His eyes look cold.

You aren't wrong, his FB page is plastered with all the usual gang-banger BS... This was a gang initiation gone bad, I bet.
edit on 25-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I agree gang initiation gone bad I just wish the 14 year old would be tried as an adult too

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
When this story broke my heart when I first hear about it the other day. I wanted so badly for it not to be true. I mean, who does this??

Immediately, I (like everyone else in my community) was deeply angered and said that the shooter should ABSOLUTELY get the death penalty. They showed his picture for the first time today on headline news. Me, as a black woman, seeing black teenagers charged with a heinous crime like this still felt no remorse for these lunatics...

Earlier today, a relative and I were discussing this story, still expressing our anger for this type of crime. Then I did some browsing on the internet to check out the story in full and was quite surprised at how strange the woman's story started to appear....

She has already made an appearance on late night television and had no tears...

She first stated to police that the boys were between ages 5-10 (???) then later changed their ages

She only stated "I think we have our man" after picking the boys out in a line-up. (I thought they were arrested on the scene, with witnesses)

There was no gun found on the scene

and this is her 2nd son lost to a violent incident.

I have started to rethink this story and things just don't add up.
edit on 25-3-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
This reminds me of the story about the black man who stole the car with the two kids in the back seat and drove it into a lake........................... Oh wait it was the mother.

en.wikipedia.org...

I am not saying that is the case here just that is seems to remind me of this. I would like to see more on this case.

I do though think this will turn out differently than what the original report is saying.

Raist

I was quickly reminded of that story too...this Sherry West story doesn't seem right to me

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

You aren't wrong, his FB page is plastered with all the usual gang-banger BS... This was a gang initiation gone bad, I bet.

I can definitely jump on board the gang initiation theory. I've not checked out the FB page, and probably won't.

From another source (WSBTV):

"When you have a baby, you spend all your money on babies," she said. "They're expensive. And he kept asking and I just said, 'I don't have it.' And he said, 'Do you want me to kill your baby?' And I said, 'No, don't kill my baby!'"

One of the teens fired four shots before he walked around to the stroller and shot the baby in the face.

I mean, that's just some cold blooded gang banging thuggery, if he said that, but I can totally see a punk saying that, but maybe I've watched too many films.

I'm sure his peers will definitely look up to him for shooting a baby in the face. #sarcasm

What happened to beating the crap out of them as an initiation. That's what he needed, if he is, in fact, guilty.

As sick as this crime is, I still stand by innocent until proven guilty. I don't like public convictions. Fair trial for this guy?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I don't understand this case either.

Mother doesn't cry on TV. Maybe she's like him.

Cold-hearted.

But, to get the ages wrong, doesn't add up.

If that was my kid, I would be devastated.

And didn't seem like she was.

Maybe I'm missing something.

Another Susan Smith with a a criminal background.

edit on 25-3-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I was not convinced with her story when it broke (just because of all the stories we hear) but I think its all true . The 911 calls and the fact they found two kids allready and charged them..

I mean its gonna be easy for a detective to get the truth out of the 14 year old..

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Evidently the two boys were involved. From a tip, they got the 14 year old who then ratted out the 17 year old boy...www.wwltv.com...
edit on 25-3-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockoperawriter
reply to post by BanTv

okay, cause lots of traffic around here about the whole caligula wannabes runnin the entire show. and we should just try to play possum. like seriously. sorry for dissin' you sometimes i one inch punch blind. microwaves? far leap from a flail
edit on 24-3-2013 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

What???

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Isn't Susan Smith....I mean Sherry West supposed to be on Larry King tonight?

Gonna try to catch it if so.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I've followed this story and something hasn't felt right from the beginning. The way the mother explained everything, her words explaining the crime, and her actions after her baby boy was murdered.

As a parent, I can't understand her at all.

There certainly seems to be more to the story that were aren't being told. I wonder if she or Baby Antonio's father have any kind of guilt in this.

Everything & anything in this case is off.

I hope I'm wrong, I really, really do.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerdyclutzyblonde
I've followed this story and something hasn't felt right from the beginning. The way the mother explained everything, her words explaining the crime, and her actions after her baby boy was murdered.

As a parent, I can't understand her at all.

There certainly seems to be more to the story that were aren't being told. I wonder if she or Baby Antonio's father have any kind of guilt in this.

Everything & anything in this case is off.

I hope I'm wrong, I really, really do.

I agree.

When I listen to how she explains the scene, she is talking as if she is describing a bad day at work.

Also, I she says things like,' Those boys need to finish school and get a job, and not rob people". What she says is she; however, who in the hell is going to provide career advice to the murderers of their child?

The police, I see, combed the area's schools and checked attendance records to compile a list of those who were not there that day. They find 2 black boys that barely match West's description and they are arrested??

Yes, her story will fall apart in the next few days. You can only keep your lie airtight for so long...

And her oldest son suffered a similar fate? Its looking like Sherry West is suffering from Munchaussen Syndrome and may be committing these crimes herself.

edit on 26-3-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I think a lot of it hinges on what the kids say, before we start demonizing the mom here... She just watched her baby get shot in the face...that's bound to mess you up somehow. I'm pretty sure I'd be a short-circuited mess if I saw that....and may not cry, etc., just being in a state of disbelief for days.....

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I think a lot of it hinges on what the kids say, before we start demonizing the mom here... She just watched her baby get shot in the face...that's bound to mess you up somehow. I'm pretty sure I'd be a short-circuited mess if I saw that....and may not cry, etc., just being in a state of disbelief for days.....

Granted...but as a short-circuited mess, you wouldn't be able to speak coherently and calmly about such horrid events, no?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Can't quite put your finger on it, but something isn't adding up...

It's almost as if.......the mother paid the boys to shoot her child or something like that....can't quite put my finger on it.

Kind of reminds you where people are programmed and they do something and they don't even know why, they just do it and then wake up.

But what are the two boys saying, that's what I need to hear.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

It's called shock. Disbelief, if you will. Shock will do weird things to the mind...

I can't even begin to imagine the trauma of having to deal with something like that...and unless any of you have, neither can you.

Paying to have her child murdered? Somehow I doubt it.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join