It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia mom shot in leg and baby killed in stroller by kids with gun

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

Originally posted by BanTv
reply to post by amrith777

I saw the comments about his FB and checked it out, didn't bother with the myspace though. Yeah he was 100% in a gang. I saw the mention of "Midtown Goon", but I think they might call themselves Money-ville considering he has another friend with "money-ville" in his FB name.

Looked up Brunswick, Ga gangs and got this gem from about 6 years ago...Here

This is a nice look into how they're thinking.

Dig dis, If there are know jobs avalible, how are we going to make our money?
Everything on the southside are either owned by mexicans, are there not worth working for such as a liquor store. Every job a ni*ga dreams of having is located on the islands but they dont want us over there. soon as they here were from the mainland they have second thoughts. So we get dis money by any means.Robbing They Rich azz's

For those who make this a gun issue, you aren't looking at the whole picture. WHY did he try to rob this lady in the first place? Education system sucks, poverty, kids feel like they have nothing to do besides drugs and "getting money". Sounds like a boredom problem, really.

This is capitalism and survival of the fittest coming home to roost!

All the people wanting to end foodstamps and welfare...you may as well be prepared for this should it ever happen. As the young, stupid, thug says, there aren't any jobs. And we live in a materialistic world...what are his options? Lie in the gutter and die or pick up a gun (which we have plenty of) and start robbing?

Exactly. It's too expensive to live for many people. You HAVE to make money in order to have a roof over your head. Being homeless isn't even really allowed or legal in most places (that I know of). The whole system is messed up and contributes to issues like this. Why do we HAVE to make at least $1000/month just to survive? It doesn't seem right. Of all the $$ and land that have been donated by the extremely wealthy, why can't they build nice cheap housing for people? Why does low-income housing have to = dangerous + drugs? It doesn't make sense and it shouldn't be this way. I don't know, this is another topic altogether but relevant. Society is a mess. It would be nice if our leaders could lead instead of being losers.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenofswords
reply to post by DZAG Wright

Good god! Robbing is one thing. Walking over and pointing a gun at a one-year old in a stroller and pulling the trigger is another! There IS no excuse for this kind of behavior....I don't care how scarce jobs are for these kinds of low-lifes.

I am sick and damned tired of people making excuses for violent psychopaths with NO morals or conscience. Hell...I heard stories from my parents and grandparents about The Great Depression and how most people had no money. Some people had very little food and others had to make their clothes out of flour sacks and put rubber from old tires on the worn out soles of their shoes. Did they go around killing babies?!

The problem is boredom!!!!!???? What is wrong with you people that say things like this?

Jesus Christ on a crutch! I didn't say he killed that baby just because he was bored that day. I was saying the issue goes a little deeper than just thinking it's a GUN problem. A gun sitting on the table didn't make him decide to start robbing people. He didn't wake up, see a gun, and think "oh...a gun...I could go kill babies today!".

I agree that there is NO excuse for murdering a baby. I'm just saying if people want to psycho-analyze the situation and come up with solutions to end violent crime, you're going to have to think a little harder than "Durrrrrrrr guns!".

It DOES make a difference if there are jobs in the area. It DOES make a difference if there are plenty of activities for young people to do in a community. I'm not saying bad conditions are an excuse for murder though. I was talking more about the things that lead up to him killing. Gangs, drugs, poverty, not going to school, etc. Do busy students with extra-curricular activities and goals in life join gangs, sell drugs, and murder people? I'm sure some do, but not as many as dropouts with no goals in life and nothing constructive to keep them busy. Again, it's his fault that he made the choices that he did, but the murder didn't happen because of a gun. He went out that day looking for one of dem rich crackas to rob. He would have used another type of weapon if a gun was not available.

I like how someone mentioned stun guns are used a lot in the UK now. Can high voltage electricity not kill you? Looks like they're movin on up from glass bottles and knives. It took long enough. When are they going to start using laser guns, accoustic weapons, and DIY microwave weapons made from...you guessed it...old microwaves?Have fun with THAT. PEW PEW!

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by BanTv

"you're going to have to think a little harder than "Durrrrrrrr guns!".

how about using guns? what? the mother was armed? dude don't be dissin' guns. that mother could have been dragged into the bushes with pipes and machetes so don't even go there. like watch the movie "ted bundy" you'll get why these little basterds could have done it with a trashcan, kitchen knives, those weights that keep windows up like in old houses, a cinder block. you ever crush a pumpkin with a cinderblock?. "youre going to have to think a little harder than durrrr quantifying conformity" al capone had a job, ed gein had a job, all the most white collar uppity types had vats of acid melting their victims parts. the most decrepit evil exists within all walks of life. laws, geographical boundries, timeframe, is not a buffer between benevolence and malevolence. and you point your nose up at guns like she couldn't have put two in the chest and one in the eye. PUNK!

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

No no no, I agree. I think it's absurd that some people here think guns are the problem. As in 'hurrr durrr blame it on guns'. You're right, we're fragile. If someone wants to rob or kill you, they could hit you over the head with a bat and throw you in some acid. The problem isn't guns, it's deeper than that. That was my point.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by BanTv

okay, cause lots of traffic around here about the whole caligula wannabes runnin the entire show. and we should just try to play possum. like seriously. sorry for dissin' you sometimes i one inch punch blind. microwaves? far leap from a flail
edit on 24-3-2013 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Stop the crap about slavery. All races where slaves at one time or another! And they don't use that as a crutch to be lazy,feral parasites except blacks. Its called taking responsibility for your OWN ACTIONS! But its ppl like you who coddle this bad behavior and make every excuse in the book for them. And of course you will call me a racist/bigot for speaking the absolute truth about the matter. If speaking the truth is racist, then i'm the biggest racist out there.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krakatoa

Yes, please. Please explain how I am responsible for the terrible suffering of the slaves during the 18th-19th century when my ancestors came here from Europe around 1900 and were never involved that trade? Is it because my skin is not dark enough I am lumped into the same category?

See how that works....it works both ways. I don't (at least I try) use skin color to assign blame to anyone, their own actions do that for them. Its not what you look like, it's what you do with your life, and the decisions you make, that frame the perception others have of you.

What the hell are you talking about? Who said anything concerning what you're ranting about?

Well....you DID say this: "Afrikans suffered a terrible injustice during slavery and there wasn't a thing they could do about it. But karma's a b_____. Because the descendants of those slaves are free and the descendants of racist whites are afraid of their own shadow now."

OKkkk....so it's really simple. You say your ancestors had nothing to do with slavery....so it doesn't apply to you.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec

Oh please, the guy was on neighborhood watch patrol. He was doing what he was supposed to be doing. He didn't walk up to him and start beating his fists with his face. But he must be guilty of murder since the POTUS said " If i had a son, he would look just like Treyvon" That is the only reason it is going to trial.

How was he on watch patrol when he states he was going to the store?

Why did the neighborhood watch program distance themselves from him so fast? That's right, they state he was NOT appointed to the watch program. Probably because he had a gun and didn't follow the guidelines of the Neighborhood Watch which is to watch and report, not play as though you have a badge and actual authority.

He may not have walked up and started beating him, but he perhaps did walk up and spook the kid? So again...how come Trayvon doesn't have the right to claim self-defense and SYG?

What Obama said I guess goes right over most peoples head who simply want to find something wrong with everything he says. He said if he had a son he would look like Trayvon which is true. ALL young black males basically have the same culture. So yes, a son of Obama would have more than likely been wearing a hoodie just like Trayvon. I can say the same thing, if I had a 17 year old son he would have been dressed like Trayvon.

As a matter of fact, just dropped my daughter off to the hair stylist (she's 14) and she has a hoodie on right now.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Yes, please. Please explain how I am responsible for the terrible suffering of the slaves during the 18th-19th century when my ancestors came here from Europe around 1900 and were never involved that trade? Is it because my skin is not dark enough I am lumped into the same category?

See how that works....it works both ways. I don't (at least I try) use skin color to assign blame to anyone, their own actions do that for them. Its not what you look like, it's what you do with your life, and the decisions you make, that frame the perception others have of you.

What the hell are you talking about? Who said anything concerning what you're ranting about?

Well....you DID say this: "Afrikans suffered a terrible injustice during slavery and there wasn't a thing they could do about it. But karma's a b_____. Because the descendants of those slaves are free and the descendants of racist whites are afraid of their own shadow now."

OKkkk....so it's really simple. You say your ancestors had nothing to do with slavery....so it doesn't apply to you.

Fair enough. Now, if you saw me walking on the street, how would you know? If you saw a picture of me, how would you know? This is my point. Generalizations and misconceptions go BOTH ways. You should also be admonishing the Africans who hunted down, captured, and SOLD their fellow black men into the slave trade as well.

All this aside, regardless of race, creed, or color, shooting a baby, is evil regardless of any other justifications. Whether someone 250 years ago was tortured is no reason to punish their descendents today. Wouldn't you agree? So, you bringing this topic into the conversation was also uncalled for IMO. I'm just calling you on your statement, and hopefully, you can see it as more of an unrelated motivation.....at least it should be. If after the trial, it is uncovered that it was racially motivated, then, the same level of racial hate crime penalties should be assigned to the guilty.....regardless of their skin color.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Metha-Don

Stop the crap about slavery. All races where slaves at one time or another! And they don't use that as a crutch to be lazy,feral parasites except blacks. Its called taking responsibility for your OWN ACTIONS! But its ppl like you who coddle this bad behavior and make every excuse in the book for them. And of course you will call me a racist/bigot for speaking the absolute truth about the matter. If speaking the truth is racist, then i'm the biggest racist out there.

Firstly, to get your mind right...yeah every race has been a slave...but not all were subject to "chattel" slavery. Other races weren't called less than human by faux science which caused and still causes many to believe this crap.

Other races weren't taught incomplete history in school where they were basically told they were bone in the nose, spear chucking animals while living in Afrika and they should be happy they were rescued to America.

Secondly, what makes what you speak on TRUTH? That's your problem right there, you actually believe that # some racist cowards have told you.

I don't make excuses for the people caught in poverty, I merely speak on WHY they behave the way they do. While people like you ignore or don't know the causes and only speak on the effect.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Fair enough. Now, if you saw me walking on the street, how would you know? If you saw a picture of me, how would you know? This is my point. Generalizations and misconceptions go BOTH ways. You should also be admonishing the Africans who hunted down, captured, and SOLD their fellow black men into the slave trade as well.

All this aside, regardless of race, creed, or color, shooting a baby, is evil regardless of any other justifications. Whether someone 250 years ago was tortured is no reason to punish their descendents today. Wouldn't you agree? So, you bringing this topic into the conversation was also uncalled for IMO. I'm just calling you on your statement, and hopefully, you can see it as more of an unrelated motivation.....at least it should be. If after the trial, it is uncovered that it was racially motivated, then, the same level of racial hate crime penalties should be assigned to the guilty.....regardless of their skin color.

Me personally, I don't invulge in the the whole "pay you back for slavery thing" and chastise and discipline black people who I observe doing this. I'll be the first to say, most white people deserve no persecution or accusations concerning slavery or repirations. There are some, like the gentleman on the previous page talking bout being a proud Confederate Flag waving neck who harbor a certain feeling toward black people, who I would allow the savages to ravage and eat.

Also I acknowledge Afrikans sold other Afrikans into slavery, but there's two things to this. Firstly, Afrika wasn't a big, unified country ever. Afrikans did not see every other black man as their brother. The same way two white men from Europe (Germany and Britian) wouldn't see each other as brothers. It was Europeans who grouped all the black people of Afrikaa together.

Slavery is a old practice on Afrika.....it's chattel slavery that was new and unheard of to them...

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Metha-Don

THANK YOU!!!!! You are my new hero! That is my new quote! If telling the truth is racist I'm the biggest racist out there!

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Me personally, I don't invulge in the the whole "pay you back for slavery thing" and chastise and discipline black people who I observe doing this. I'll be the first to say, most white people deserve no persecution or accusations concerning slavery or repirations. There are some, like the gentleman on the previous page talking bout being a proud Confederate Flag waving neck who harbor a certain feeling toward black people, who I would allow the savages to ravage and eat.

Also I acknowledge Afrikans sold other Afrikans into slavery, but there's two things to this. Firstly, Afrika wasn't a big, unified country ever. Afrikans did not see every other black man as their brother. The same way two white men from Europe (Germany and Britian) wouldn't see each other as brothers. It was Europeans who grouped all the black people of Afrikaa together.

Slavery is a old practice on Afrika.....it's chattel slavery that was new and unheard of to them...

Thanks you for the explanation...and kudo's to your effort to call out those claiming injustices. There are racists in every side of a community....unfortunately. All we can do is not buy into it, and call out those that do, even if it is difficult. Personally, I feel the same way about someone calling me a "cracker", as others do being called "'n-word'". The words are synonymous in my book. The term "cracker" refers to the task master that "cracked" the whip on a slave. Yet, that word "cracker" is perfectly accepted in this society....

Sorry for side-tracking the discussion thread OP. I apologize, but, I am passionate about confronting any racism or smell of it wherever I find it....it's a disease that MUST be stomped out.

ETA: For the record, I did not type "n-word"...the atuo-editors replaced the actual word with this more PC version. But, notice it didn't do that with cracker, now did it?

edit on 24-3-2013 by Krakatoa because: Comment on aut-replace of specific PC words.

edit on 24-3-2013 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Miracula

I don't even know where to start. You have obviously never fired a handgun. It sounds like you've been listening to fools more ignorant than you. Engage laterally? That doesn't even make sense. Do you even know what laterally means? It means to your side. 90 degrees from the tip of your nose in the sagittal plane. Now how is that gonna help anything. More importantly, ever heard of recoil?!? You'll be shooting to the left of your target every time assuming your right handed. I would love to show you my handgun skills. Shooting is one of my favorite things to do. There is never a reason to hold your gun that way except inexperienced shooters think it looks tough. Those of us in the know can't stand it. Like those who misuse the terms mags and clips. Now go back to playing black ops in fantasy land. Oh yeah, deny ignorance
edit on 24-3-2013 by riffraff because: Spellcheck thought sagittal was Sagittarius

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revealation

I've lived and been through enough to be, let's say.....not so friendly.

Right on...

Especially when it comes to executing babies.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by riffraff

There is never a reason to hold your gun that way

It's called style.

There is always a reason to be stylish. It attracts chicks.

Therefore, in conclusion, there is never a reason to hold a firearm other than sideways.

edit on 24-3-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Ok I get it... Ha ha.. You're a funny guy. I'm a funny guy too.im just serious about my guns

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Liquesence

That said, I really can't put the blame on using computers and TVs and babysitters, simply because we have so many people who do this same thing and don't turn out in such an extreme way. And even kids surrounded by these things 24/7, not all develop badly (it seems most don't). So, is it an inherent predisposition to act this way, or also upbringing, in which case even without this constant negative media, these people would still likely be like (at some point perhaps), because of this disposition.

I may not have said it as well as I meant to. I didn't mean to restate the same thing in the kids being babysat by computers and TV. Not in terms of the content of either one. That's where we agree it's bad anyway for conditioning in general. Nothing cause/effect but the non-stop barrage is overwhelming. It has to be.

In being parked in front of electronics to babysit, it's the LACK of the parents I think hurts the most. What replaces them carries it's own issues but I think parents are becoming less directly involved in the early years for hands on things ...It's having an effect for never forming an upbringing with values, IMO.
edit on 22-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

I agree that lack or parenting plays a HUGE part in the lack of development of values, and when parents are absent these "values" are acquired from media, to be sure. And i think parents not being involved absolutely has an effect on development, in all aspects. Which, I suppose you saw the recent post about differences in child brain development in those which active parental involvement and those without? Fascinating.

So, the problem isn't so much media as lack of parenting, which is why i was questioning why you put so much emphasis on media in your initial post. Thanks for the clarification.

A kid with both parents playing an active part in their lives but who still watches tv, plays video games, and uses the computer excessively usually turns out fine.

In this case, to lack of parenting and absence of values I would add social influences (but we do not yet know), which themselves likely originate from media and parenting (or lack thereof) and fill the gap.

So many factors contribute, which is why i hesitate to pin on any one thing, but which is why still come back to the overwhelming barrage of contradictions, because they're everywhere, at home, in media, on the news, in life, every day.

Media and (lack of parenting) parenting certainly can make people more susceptible and predisposed, I suppose.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by riffraff

Ok I get it... Ha ha.. You're a funny guy. I'm a funny guy too.im just serious about my guns

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   

know what's really funny?

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join