It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirituality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
It is hard to find a spiritual teacher.

Spirituality is a personal issue, which can best be cultivated on ones own. What would spirituality be without God?

That way, you've got God if you need help.

Be my brother the day you see everything you do as spiritual. Be spiritual,.. be yourself. Learning is also spiritual. You have always been spiritual in my eyes.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

I see no reason a spirit relies on god to make it something.

we're all individuals, moulded over the years of our lives, everything that influenced us. but whether we retain any of that once we die and take it to heaven or somewhere, I doubt. if there is a spirit, it is energy, and ours is released when we expire, back into the surrounding area.. absorbed into everything again.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
reply to post by Angle

I see no reason a spirit relies on god to make it something.

we're all individuals, moulded over the years of our lives, everything that influenced us. but whether we retain any of that once we die and take it to heaven or somewhere, I doubt. if there is a spirit, it is energy, and ours is released when we expire, back into the surrounding area.. absorbed into everything again.

All that happens is there is thoughts that say you are individual, thoughts appear that say you are a certain way because of............... Those thoughts that you believe make 'you up' but that is not what you are really.
You are the witness of the thoughts that are arising - you are not a thought. You are what sees thoughts and ideas and those thoughts speak as if you are 'something' but what are you if there were no ideas of before or next?
If you were to take everything known away what would remain?
Is 'nothing' what spirit is? Is 'nothing' another word for spirit?

Can you let every 'thing' go and see what remains?
There's Just Nothing;
youtu.be...
edit on 22-3-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
No spirit without God.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
if there is a spirit, it is energy, and ours is released when we expire, back into the surrounding area.. absorbed into everything again.

What is 'your' energy? Is it not just a contraction of the whole energy? When the energy is contracted it feels unpleasant, when it relaxes it feels delightful.

The contracted energy doesn't feel good but wants to feel good so looks for ways to feel good (desire). Thoughts say there is relief elsewhere or later because it has had glimpses of 'better' and believes it can find 'better' again.
Only relaxation in this moment as a true direct happening will feel good. The energy just needs to relax but the mind will not allow relaxation because the mind is seeking the solution elsewhere when in reality 'elsewhere' will never be experienced.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
No spirit without God.

They are not separate - it is two words different words for the same non thing.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

What would spirituality be without God?

Kindest respects. Spirituality without a 'god concept' injected into it.. One could probably look to Buddhism to consider what that would look like.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
To me this whole existence is meant to be spiritual. We as a society have made this world into a material based reality. Numbed and dumbed down by what humanity has evoked, some are like empty vessels with only money, power and fame to drive them.

Forget the material and get back to the spiritual, this world would be a way better place!!

PLPL

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
They are not separate - it is two words different words for the same non thing.

Maybe "God" is the ocean and the "spirits" are the waves. The ocean forms "The River" and this is what we call "Creator of The Universe".

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
eheh, does 'spiritual' and 'enlightened' refer to the same, in fact?

'Spiritual' as in 'Guided by spirit'? By spirit we must refer to the Holy one. The all encompassing spirit? Fire.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
eheh, does 'spiritual' and 'enlightened' refer to the same, in fact?

'Spiritual' as in 'Guided by spirit'? By spirit we must refer to the Holy one. The all encompassing spirit? Fire.

This is the (w)holy one - this right here and right now. Can you separate yourself from the environment that 'seems' to surround you?
This is wholeness.

What is happening right now is just happening - the one is doing it all. It is done and you don't have to do it because there is no you separate to this.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Sepultura - Inner self

I wanted to post the lyrics of this song, but.. sigh.. the only computer I am able to use doesn't allow streaming media and blocks lyricswebsites with the reason 'entertainment'. (on certain issues this isn't very bad)

Walking these dirty streets
With hate in my mind
feeling the scorn of the world
I won't follow your rules

Blame and lies
contradictions arise
blame and lies
contradictions arise

No conformity in my inner self
only I guide my inner self

I won't change my way
it has to be this way
I live my life for myself
forget your filthy ways

blame and lies

I don't know them further, the lyrics.

I find it to be a view on spirituality these days, in this not non-spiritual, but sabotaging the spiritual world this is how spirituality turned out to be IMHO.

top topics

join