It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet 'trolls' target priest who allows Muslims to pray in church

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Stupid uneducated morons! If a church is a house of God how does it matter what you name the deity when you pray, be it Jesus, Yahweh, Jehovah, Allah or any other name!

God has many different aspects and forms. We Humans came up with the names we use to describe him/her/it in the first place.

Shame on the Trolls perpetrating such actions against an open minded member of the clergy(A very rare thing these days).

Shame on them!
edit on 22-3-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Credenceskynyrd
you don't even make sense

- you say they are the same thing

but then

- you suggest that Christians have the wrong story

Also I made no comment as to who has the correct story, that is down to personal faith, I pointed out that Muslims and Chrisians view Jesus in a fundamentally different manner

You appear to have some personal issues with Christianity

No, a Human mangod who represents the entire creation of the Universe and beyond doesn't make sense... Its called an Idol in most religions.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I don't see how showing kindness to a fellow human being could ever be construed as anti-God. How could a religion without compassion and love even exist?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
EXCELLENT! Its about time we got over the Muslim hate thing.The Jihadists who have sullied the faith may no doubt look for a way to corrupt this and some right wingers will always be there to embarrass us. We know better.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by newpopeislast

If I were a priest, anyone could come to my church and pray. It would help us understand one another and come to the conclusion we are praying to the same god in our own way.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
Stupid uneducated morons! If a church is a house of God how does it matter what you name the deity when you pray, be it Jesus, Yahweh, Jehovah, Allah or any other name!

God has many different aspects and forms. We Humans came up with the names we use to describe him/her/it in the first place.

Shame on the Trolls perpetrating such actions against an open minded member of the clergy(A very rare thing these days).

Shame on them!
edit on 22-3-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

Instead of calling them names, call them out by name and expose them. I am sure someone can find where they are coming from.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Why do people care what other people believe?

I don't get why people allow themselves to get so twisted around and worked up over the beliefs of someone else. What does someone else's beliefs in God have to do with them?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
What do people expect from pigs but grunts?

This priest sounds like a very good man who understands the tenets of his own religion better than the idiots harrassing him. Hopefully he's turning the other cheek like he should be too.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

Here we go, typical ATS users I come across making something out of my comment without me even talking about what their comment is regarding. When did I say I believed in the God portrayed in the bible? The God that murders, tortures, then turns around and judges a human for doing it? Never did I make it clear what God I put my faith in, you could've even hinted by me saying I no longer associate with Christianity or any of its denominations that I didn't put faith in the Christian God. Please think about what you're commenting on before you think of what you're going to comment.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

you don't even make sense

- you say they are the same thing

but then

- you suggest that Christians have the wrong story

Also I made no comment as to who has the correct story, that is down to personal faith, I pointed out that Muslims and Chrisians view Jesus in a fundamentally different manner

You appear to have some personal issues with Christianity

No, a Human mangod who represents the entire creation of the Universe and beyond doesn't make sense... Its called an Idol in most religions.

what is this ridiculous segway, I am not here to defend how logical one religion is over another, I was pointing out you were incorrect that Muslims and Christians view Jesus in basically the same manner.

As for making sense, Muhammad and his flying carpet doesn't make sense to me, each to their own, eh fella

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

what is this ridiculous segway, I am not here to defend how logical one religion is over another, I was pointing out you were incorrect that Muslims and Christians view Jesus in basically the same manner.

They basically do except the Roman Empire back in the day turned it into a mythical superman story.. They were the ones who decided Jesus was the Son of God yet they killed him, funny that.

As for making sense, Muhammad and his flying carpet doesn't make sense to me, each to their own, eh fella

With some truth both would worship the same Jesus.. As for the flying carpet, what flying carpet?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

They basically do except the Roman Empire back in the day turned it into a mythical superman story.. They were the ones who decided Jesus was the Son of God yet they killed him, funny that.

they basically don't- and it is a far from simple matter that the belief in Jesus as son of God is simply down to the Romans- the truth is rather more complex than you have decided in your mind.

With some truth both would worship the same Jesus..

with some "truth", spoken as someone who favours the Muslim faith- your belief, not mine, stop trying to force people to change their beliefs

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by newpopeislast

Muslims don't have the same God as christians or jews. This is kinda similar to Antiochus IV going into the temple of Yahveh in Jerusalem and sacrificing a pig to Zeus.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

they basically don't- and it is a far from simple matter that the belief in Jesus as son of God is simply down to the Romans- the truth is rather more complex than you have decided in your mind.

Don't you find it strange that from pretty much the time Jesus was killed, the Romans persecuted Christians for roughly 250 years and then boom, next thing you know they are debating about Jesus's status as a God? Why would they do that and how many Christians were actually left after those 250 years?

with some "truth", spoken as someone who favours the Muslim faith- your belief, not mine, stop trying to force people to change their beliefs

I'm not forcing you to do anything.. I'm just asking because it seems very suspect that one faith would see Jesus as a prophet yet the other go with God. We have two different stories and this is something that should be proven either way.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I look at the Hebrew, Christian and Muslim bibles as the original trilogy of comic book movie screenplays. Then the Greeks had a spin-off series & Scientology was the lame reboot.

If you look at comic books they are all the same tales of morality, human expression & stories of Hero's & Gods.
Superman is obviously an amalgamation of Moses and JC, I mean his fathers name Jor-El translates in Hebrew to Voice of God. Do I believe Superman exists or ever existed, nope they are great just great stories of a fictional world much as i see the bibles of the world religions.

I'm from where this story originates and I have met and worked with a few of the muslims in the city and they are nice people so I would never judge them for their faith. If the priest did nothing it would be against everything in which he believes in and I commend him for his nice gesture. The weather here has been -2c in the last few weeks at times and it shows genuine compassion at a time where it's sorely needed.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn
What do people expect from pigs but grunts?

Christians and Muslims should be more tolerant of each other.

However, you popping up yet again on a religious thread and reducing the tone of debate to crude insults isn't doing anything to further tolerance.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

Muslims and Christians are brothers , the priests who know this fact will have no problem in this, and see what Muslims holy Book Quran says about Christians . [5:82]

[And you will find that the closest people in friendship to the believers are those who say, "We are Christian." This is because they have priests and monks among them, and they are not arrogant.]

and here is a link I got from this wonderful site ATS .. this is prophet Mohammed's promise to Christians. it goes on like this

In 628 AD, a delegation from St. Catherine’s Monastery came to Prophet Muhammed and requested his protection. He responded by granting them a charter of rights, which I reproduce below in its entirety. St. Catherine’s Monastery is located at the foot of Mt. Sinai and is the world’s oldest monastery. It possess a huge collection of Christian manuscripts, second only to the Vatican, and is a world heritage site. It also boasts the oldest collection of Christian icons. It is a treasure house of Christian history that has remained safe for 1400 years under Muslim protection.

The Promise to St. Catherine:
"This is a message from Muhammad ibn Abdullah, as a covenant to those who adopt Christianity, near and far, we are with them.
Verily I, the servants, the helpers, and my followers defend them, because Christians are my citizens; and by Allah! I hold out against anything that displeases them.

you can read this rest from this link www.ijtihad.org...'s%20Promise.htm

edit on 22-3-2013 by newincubus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
People caught up in duality who hate other people on differences in views of god. Goats have always had big egos and little capacity for thinking and easy to control. That is why the behave like demons. And the demons in one group creates demons in the other group. The worst of the Christians are exacly the same crap as the worsts of the Muslims.

Lets hope we can get rid of all goats soon so this planet can be a nicer place either by some of the goats becoming sheep or god finally letting all goats get what they deserve. This place would have been so nice without the small minded fools.
edit on 22-3-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenGlassDoor
People being upset and trolling are two separate things. It seems these people are upset.

As far as a reaction goes: none.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I agree. This is not trolling. Trolling and shilling are similar along with bulling. Being angry and speaking your opinions is First Ammendment Rights!

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
exactly, beware this increasing use of the term "troll"- I understand it in terms of an INDIVIDUAL and someone making false accusations against them or bullying them, but people making comments about their faith, whether we like it or not, is not a "TROLLS"

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join